G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Dreaded Code P1122

Old 12-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hrabini
G35CO,

I got it from link bellow, under $40 hooks up to my net book, easy to use, they have great customer services too... Matt is my contact, good guy.

http://obdsoftware.net/
What software you bought?

Old 12-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.conceptzperformance.com/C...658.166.185.23

And you can download the latest datascan software from here http://www.nissandatascan.com/ (australian buyers can also buy the cable here.)

NOTE - you will need the latest version of Nissan datascan to do the required idle learn adjustment.- it is a free download.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Also, I am currently discussing with the datascan programmer about getting the 'st angle adjustment' option for the VDC system added to the next release of Nissan Datascan.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Gentlemen.. you are going to be jealous! I just got a Nissan refurbished throttle body from Performance Nissan in Duarte CA. Note how I AM telling about these guys. I told em my story and the service guy told me they charge $90 to relearn after the throttle body is installed. I told the guy, I will install and if i have any problems with the "turn key" procedure... that I will bring him the car on sat. So i came back home, installed the new throttle body and performed the accelerator pedal released position learning and the throttle valve closed position learning. started the warm up procedure for idle air volume learning (the tricky procedure) and before my very eyes.. as the car warmed up, the rpm came down to 750 steady... I said... hmm cant be this simple.. nothing is for me... so i took it around the block a few times... i gunned it a bit.. i coasted a bit... at stop while in drive steady 750 rpm, came home, parked it, still 750 rpm. shut it off.. waited about 10 sec... started it... steady 750 rpm.

If i remember right, the normal rpm is around 700, am i correct? so I may need to fine tune it, but I will do so after I drive it about 50 miles.. thats what the the guy at Performance told me to do after all procedures.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:48 PM
Mind idles at about 600 with the aircon off. If you did the idle air volume learn correctly, you will see the idle speed drop to about 450-500 and then climb back up to around 600 as it adjusts itself, if the idle speed just dropped down to 750 then it probably didn't work.

After cleaning my TB, it would idle at about 1000rpm after warming up from a cold start, if I turned off the ignition and restarted it, it would idle at about 750-800 rpm, but once it cooled down and restarted it was back up to 1000rpm. After many attempts I managed to get the procedure to work and now it sits at 600 after warm up all the time.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:05 PM
I didnt remmeber what the normal idle was before all this happen... so i will get it adjusted, but like i said earlier in post, Infiniti dealer wanted $1100 to do the complete job. all i did was slap the new throttle body in, have not done the idle relearn... so at 750 its not a bad start.. the car now runs, I can drive it to Nissan where for $90 they will use the consult gadget to set idle to spec. so all in all $250 vs $1100 I am happy with the results.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:24 PM
^^ nice work.. when you take it to nissan and get them to do the adjustment, you will be glad you didn't pay your favourite Infiniti dealer $600 to do it! Even $90 is excessive, My local dealer charges about $35 for most simple adjustments like this.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Ok so it took me about 10 min to have the ECM relearn the throttle body, the key in getting it done is making sure the light starts to blink,, after that its easy. Now my engine idle is at 600 on the dot! All in all I spent under $200! didnt need Nissan, Thanks to all you!

Old 10-24-2017, 04:29 AM
I have the code as well.

Originally Posted by hrabini
Well Gentlemen.. you are going to be jealous! I just got a Nissan refurbished throttle body from Performance Nissan in Duarte CA. Note how I AM telling about these guys. I told em my story and the service guy told me they charge $90 to relearn after the throttle body is installed. I told the guy, I will install and if i have any problems with the "turn key" procedure... that I will bring him the car on sat. So i came back home, installed the new throttle body and performed the accelerator pedal released position learning and the throttle valve closed position learning. started the warm up procedure for idle air volume learning (the tricky procedure) and before my very eyes.. as the car warmed up, the rpm came down to 750 steady... I said... hmm cant be this simple.. nothing is for me... so i took it around the block a few times... i gunned it a bit.. i coasted a bit... at stop while in drive steady 750 rpm, came home, parked it, still 750 rpm. shut it off.. waited about 10 sec... started it... steady 750 rpm.

If i remember right, the normal rpm is around 700, am i correct? so I may need to fine tune it, but I will do so after I drive it about 50 miles.. thats what the the guy at Performance told me to do after all procedures.

i know it might of been a while but can you walk me step by step throw the process? First what you done and what you needed in getting this done?

Old 10-24-2017, 06:48 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
James you can find that info on here with a little searching but since you're new and you did a search on the topic to find this thread I'll help you out.

27,715 posts
Report post #1
Posted October 27, 2011
around in other Guides but here in one courtesy of Abbey

ECU Resetting Procedures

Please read all instructions and be familiar with them before any attempts.
A stop watch or an analog clock with a second?s needle will be useful.

ECU Resetting Procedures

Timing is extremely critical. If it is NOT DONE within the specify time, the ECU will not reset and the Check Engine Light (CEL) will continue to remain ON.
A stop watch or an analog clock with a second?s needle will be useful.

Operations Procedures

1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ?ON? and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 second.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to ?OFF? position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.

If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU.

Accelerator Pedal Release Position Learning

Operation Procedure
1. Make sure that the accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch ?ON? and wait at least 2 seconds.
3. Turn ignition switch ?OFF? wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch ?ON? and wait at least 2 seconds.
5. Turn ignition switch ?OFF? wait at least 10 seconds.

Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning

Operation Procedures
1. Make sure that accelerator pedal is fully released.
2. Turn ignition switch is ?ON?.
3. Turn ignition switch is ?OFF? wait at least 10 seconds.
Make sure that the throttle valve moves during above 10 seconds by confirming the operating sound.

Idle Air Volume Learning (Throttle Position Learning)
It is better to count the time accurately with a clock.

Operation Procedures
1. Perform ?Accelerator Pedal Released Position Learning?.
2. Perform ?Throttle Valve Closed Position Learning?.
3. Start engine and warm it up to normal operating temperature.
4. Turn ignition switch ?OFF? and wait at least 10 seconds.
5. Conform that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch ?ON? and wait 3 seconds.
6. Repeat the following (steps 7a, 7b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
7a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD)
7b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
8. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 20 seconds until the Check Engine Light (CEL) stops blinking and turned ON.
9. Fully release the accelerator pedal within 3 seconds after the CEL is ON.
10. Start engine and let it idle.
11. Wait 20 seconds.
12. Rev up the engine two or three times and make sure the idle speed and ignition timing are within the specifications.

The following users liked this post:
Scottwax (10-25-2017)