G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

What did you do to the G Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Conissah
Edit: Would this work on the coupe, and can the stock hazard switch be utilized?
It's true they're a little low, but they're also digital with huge digits so that helps. None of them are gauges I need to keep my eyes on the whole time anyway. Wideband is basically constant (and honestly only there to send data to the ECU), boost is linear because I'm supercharged as opposed to turbo, and oil pressure is backed-up by the idiot light in the OEM instrument cluster.

Yeah it works on coupes. That shifter bezel is actually from a donor coupe.

I know what you mean with the gauges above the clock. I think there's a vendor here who makes them using OEM clock/climate bezels. A cool look, but not discreet enough for my very sleeper-ish sedan.

You could conceivably adapt the stock hazard switch to fit, but it would be a lot of work. The mount for that is plastic and part of the ashtray assembly. You could cut and glue it if you were determined.

I opted to get one of these from eBay. They're like $4, and can be wired with either the display LED on the whole time, or just when the hazard lights are engaged.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16mm-CAR-Eme...xWHLXc&vxp=mtr

Last edited by TheIronYuppy; 04-09-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:33 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by TheIronYuppy
Mocked-up the gauge plate prototype. The bottom hole is for an aftermarket hazard switch that hasn't arrived yet.

I didn't want a gauge pillar, or gauges on the steering column or dahsboard. Wanted to keep the double din.

What do you think?

I can do a run of these. USD$50 shipped for each unit with or without the hazard switch hole if I can get five of you guys interested.
I only have one word (or is it two lol) for you.

BADAZZ!!!!! They look great and less than $5 for the hazard switch is ballin'. Over on my GTO forum we have a lot of guys that are making custom parts for their Goats and several have fabricated things for their cars with 3D printers for things like speaker mounts and CAD designs for custom braces/ brackets among other things. All of these things are pretty foreign to me as I have never worked with either type of tech but they fascinate me. I wish this forum was more technical at times but with the new wave of members that think stick on vents and boso exhausts are cool I'm not holding my breath.

Great job again TIY.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:21 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
I only have one word (or is it two lol) for you.

BADAZZ!!!!! They look great and less than $5 for the hazard switch is ballin'. Over on my GTO forum we have a lot of guys that are making custom parts for their Goats and several have fabricated things for their cars with 3D printers for things like speaker mounts and CAD designs for custom braces/ brackets among other things. All of these things are pretty foreign to me as I have never worked with either type of tech but they fascinate me. I wish this forum was more technical at times but with the new wave of members that think stick on vents and boso exhausts are cool I'm not holding my breath.

Great job again TIY.
You buy a 3D printer and I'll design whatever you need lol. It's actually quite fun IMO, but I think I fit that new member demographic since I believe in the ultimate low. I seriously might buy a 350z bezel and attempt my own gauge mounts since Infiniti decided not to include an oil pressure gauge.

Old 04-10-2017, 09:26 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Ordered Art Pipes so I went down today to get my inspection before they show up...that way if for some reason I get a CEL I got a year or so to figure it out. Anyway, turns out my 3rd brake light is dead and as of this year, all brake lights (used to be just the two) have to be functional. So ordered a new LED brake light. Installation looks to be a pain.

Old 04-11-2017, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Conissah
You buy a 3D printer and I'll design whatever you need lol. It's actually quite fun IMO, but I think I fit that new member demographic since I believe in the ultimate low. I seriously might buy a 350z bezel and attempt my own gauge mounts since Infiniti decided not to include an oil pressure gauge.

It's tempting, I'm sure with a little learning I could figure it out and it seems like it would be really cool to have the power to make a lot of what my mind sees but I don't out in the world. I wouldn't lump you into the new demo, hell low is a state of mind. If you look at some of my pictures I have almost as much sidewall covered by the fenders as you do but what I don't get is that at least a quarter of your rear tires don't even touch the ground. With SPL front A arms, Stillen rear camber arms and SPC toe bolts I'm still in factory spec on alignment settings at all 4 corners. I present Exhibit A for a visual of the / \:

When I drive the G it's driven hard and this **** wouldn't fly at all, but people have been doing this for years so not a new trend. One of my favorite members here, a friend of mine and a big inspiration for my build is Candlestick Park. He said once on here this famous quote: "There is no such thing as too low, the ground is just too high". Man I miss him on here.............

Old 04-11-2017, 10:24 AM
Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
It's tempting, I'm sure with a little learning I could figure it out and it seems like it would be really cool to have the power to make a lot of what my mind sees but I don't out in the world. I wouldn't lump you into the new demo, hell low is a state of mind. If you look at some of my pictures I have almost as much sidewall covered by the fenders as you do but what I don't get is that at least a quarter of your rear tires don't even touch the ground. With SPL front A arms, Stillen rear camber arms and SPC toe bolts I'm still in factory spec on alignment settings at all 4 corners. I present Exhibit A for a visual of the / \:

When I drive the G it's driven hard and this **** wouldn't fly at all, but people have been doing this for years so not a new trend. One of my favorite members here, a friend of mine and a big inspiration for my build is Candlestick Park. He said once on here this famous quote: "There is no such thing as too low, the ground is just too high". Man I miss him on here.............
I agree, I like the low but prioritize function

Old 04-11-2017, 02:01 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
This past weekend I pulled the car out of winter storage, changed the oil and gave her a bath. Saturday night I got together with some friends for a photo shoot.

Here are a couple of my car that I did and a link to the album if anyone wants to see the rest.

Link: https://flic.kr/s/aHskUBxZa8

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TvitEq]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/TKnmVp]

Old 04-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Beautiful shots. Your friends got some killa cars man! I'm gonna be doing some stuff like that soon, when my car is ready.

The following users liked this post:
JayVQ (04-11-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 05:16 PM
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by BradMD_96
I agree, I like the low but prioritize function
Going fast and driving hard aren't things I'm interested in. Sure I'll do pulls getting on the interstate and what not, but I honestly just like driving slow and cruising. Call me weird but I've only been to triple digits less than a handful of times and I've been driving for almost 6 years. I just like the look of wide wheels tucking behind fenders, and my wheels happened to be way too wide (they stuck out of my fenders by a good 3"). And idgaf about tires, I have $80 in those rear tires and I can get more, not a big problem to me.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Swapped out the chrome headlight inserts for the black.

Old 04-12-2017, 03:27 AM

I really like your copper wheels, they look great on the black car.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:20 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by IllaNoizeTV
Beautiful shots. Your friends got some killa cars man! I'm gonna be doing some stuff like that soon, when my car is ready.
Thank you sir!

Old 04-15-2017, 10:14 AM
I really like your copper wheels, they look great on the black car.
Thank you, I like the color also. Was thinking about
Painting while car that color but it would of been to much copper lol.

Old 04-15-2017, 06:16 PM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Opened the door when FedEx knocked...

Name:  IMG_20170415_162905_zpsd8ogni1p.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  1.83 MB

Old 04-15-2017, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Scottwax
Opened the door when FedEx knocked...

Sexy!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G Sedan today?