G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Goodbye G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
Goodbye G35

Had the car for 13 years. Bought it with a little over 70kkm, it's at 190kkm.
I was hoping to get more life out of it, I mean 190km is not that much, but past couple of years it was nothing but problems, front suspension, gas tank, radiator, fuel regulator, exhaust work, and I fixed all that stuff, still was running good until tranny issues, that not even the dealer can resolve.

Long story short, had a tranny issue, spent all kinds of money, replaced the tranny and still doing the same hard shifting. Had it at the dealer as the last resort, and they couldn't figure out the issue either, so they gave me a good deal on a 2014 Q50 Premium AWD with 37kkm and I went for it. They were asking $32k, dropped it down to $29k, plus they gave me $4k on my broken G35.

What you guys think, good deal?

Old 12-11-2016, 03:05 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Depends on your view.

You have a problem free car (for now but that's what warranties are for) but now you have a car note (unless you paid cash) me personally am not a fan of car notes but I do understand why you did what you did.

Either way have fun with the new car I'm sure it's a blast to drive.

Old 12-11-2016, 03:08 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
$25k after all's said and done for a (basically) brand new car? I'd say you got a pretty killer deal as long as your APR isn't too high. Good job, man!

Old 12-12-2016, 09:04 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
That's a good deal. Congrats.

Post pics of the new ride.

Old 12-12-2016, 03:27 PM
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
$25k after all's said and done for a (basically) brand new car? I'd say you got a pretty killer deal as long as your APR isn't too high. Good job, man!
Thank you,

Well APR is 3.99 which is a little steep, but it's an open loan so if a drug deal goes right, I'll put chunks on the loan kiddin'

Well, I had my share of cars, and most of them were used. When calculating everything, it always works out to about 400-500/month give or take either way. Pay now or pay later. It has warranty, one owner lease return, and I just ****ing love the car. I'll just put less cheese on my waffle and make up for the payment lol.

Also, I'm from Europe, and in North America public transportation sucks, especially remote areas or smaller cities, so a car is not a luxury here.

I read reviews, checked with people that have them, so hopefully I'm gonna be worry free at least for a few years, fingers crossed.

Old 12-12-2016, 09:38 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
nice ride bro

Old 12-13-2016, 05:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Clean

Old 01-04-2017, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the Q50 chassis so far

Old 01-05-2017, 01:06 AM
Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts
6 speed G35 sedan
Other than missing a pedal it's nice!

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (01-05-2017)
Old 01-05-2017, 08:55 AM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Looks great man. I like the setup of the center console with the dual screens. No need to add a DD like on the older G's.

3.99 is ok, not the lowest but not the worst either. I've payed way more than that on some of the vehicles I've financed before.

Originally Posted by equilibrium
Thank you,

Well APR is 3.99 which is a little steep, but it's an open loan so if a drug deal goes right, I'll put chunks on the loan kiddin'

Well, I had my share of cars, and most of them were used. When calculating everything, it always works out to about 400-500/month give or take either way. Pay now or pay later. It has warranty, one owner lease return, and I just ****ing love the car. I'll just put less cheese on my waffle and make up for the payment lol.

Also, I'm from Europe, and in North America public transportation sucks, especially remote areas or smaller cities, so a car is not a luxury here.

I read reviews, checked with people that have them, so hopefully I'm gonna be worry free at least for a few years, fingers crossed.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:30 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Looks great. I love it. I'm just jealous they gave you $4K for your G35. I couldn't even get $500 out of the dealer for mine.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:17 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I haven't stayed current with the new products.. i need to go test drive. I still think it is crazy how little these gen1 G's are worth.. just .. wow.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:33 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
That's the main reason this site is being flooded by a bunch of nimrod new members. The G is the new Honda and a reality that I had hoped would never happen. On one of my other car forums we refer to this as FPFQ (falling prices falling quality). Refers to cars and members...........

Old 01-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
That's the main reason this site is being flooded by a bunch of nimrod new members. The G is the new Honda and a reality that I had hoped would never happen. On one of my other car forums we refer to this as FPFQ (falling prices falling quality). Refers to cars and members...........
Interesting thought. Depends a lot on the type of vehicle. I myself custom ordered my 06 X and so I hope that gets me an old timer status.

At one point I had many mods on my X, it has modest tint and JWT intake (I dont think it adds power but does sound nice, and at least it is heat shielded from the engine bay mostly and still uses the power duct), it used to have eibach prokit springs with full SPC camber kit. I also had the Stillen Gen2 catback exhaust. I did enjoy those mods for awhile, but one day I got old and reverted most back to stock. I could drive the car more aggressively without calling attention to myself or bottoming out on whatever.

I still don't understand half the mods people put on G's.. grounding kit is currently the most confusing one. Plenum spacers are almost as baffling (without computer changes.. wtf is it supposed to do?). I did mods for sound and looks, and seriously considered a S/C kit (you can find my old posts where I was asking questions and gathering research).. but in the end I decided it wasn't worth it.

On the Rover forums, its almost the other way around. The in-warranty new rover crowd is vastly different and less interesting than the guys who work on them post warranty and are long term owners (Read: DIY mechanics). I think owning an 'old' Land Rover is also when they get more interesting. The mall crawler starbucks types who never off road tend to stay in warranty and at the dealer. My 2013 LR4 is the last of the V8 land rovers, and is just now out of warranty at 52k. So it begins. The G is now a backup/travel/beater car but I hope it lasts a long time.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:07 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
That is a nice deal for a nice car.

I am not trying to discourage anyone from the newer models but I am probably going to input some of my subjective opinion respectively.

I read that most newer Infiniti models are steer-by-wire meaning there are no mechanical connection between the front wheels and hand steering wheel and fully relies on electric signal. We can go on never ending with pros and cons but it all comes down to driver preference. To me it's a big deal... I love the heavy steering from my G and the extra pedal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.