G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Advice Needed: Motor Issue

Old 02-09-2017, 05:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice Needed: Motor Issue

2003 G35 Sedan
2006 Motor swapped in

This is my sons car & he has been driving it for a little over a year without any issues aside form a few electrical items here & there. He was driving to work today & said he starting hearing sounds like he was dragging the exhaust, basically grinding metal & the car started smoking from the hood. He said he made his way to the shoulder and as he got the car off of the road the battery light came on. He shut off the car once on the shoulder & said car would not would crank after that if he tried. Turns the key & nothing. He said he raised the hood & there was white smoke coming from under the car through the bay but that there were no noticeable fluids within the engine bay surface. There was a small amount of oil on the ground under the car but nothing to suggest a broken oil pan as the car does sit a bit lower than stock. Upon his getting it towed back home he lifted it & found this crack in the block near where the oil pan is. (pictured below) Thanks everyone! That is about all of the information I have now, I'm mostly a Euro guy so I don't know much about these motors so any input on what your experiences might lead me to or what I can look for would be helpful.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More pics, more cracks... :frown: :tisk:

Old 02-09-2017, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Could've happened quite a while back, and now just popping up. That sucks!

Old 02-09-2017, 06:54 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I concur, that really sucks. Sorry you guys have to deal with this, not sure but it looks like you have a motor rebuild in the future.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.