G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Overheating ? Please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overheating ? Please help

I bought a 2006 g35x off of my uncle he owns s towing company and the car has been sitting for over a year.
The car drives great no noises smooth ride (will need to replace a wheel baring ). How ever I went to get stickers put on the car today and my mechanic wanted to drive the car. He was beating on it quite a bit and all of a sudden on the top right side of the hood white smoke started coming out. When we got to the shop he filled the radiator which revealed no leaks. Did a pressure test and everything was fine. The car was running idle and everything seemed fine. I had to have my battery jumped because the car sat so long. So my mechanic told me to put 50 miles on the car to reset everything and come back. I left the shop and on my way home the needle was heading straight to H 😩 I quickly pulled over and called my friend he stopped by we popped the hood and noticed all the fluids we just put in the car were all over the ground but we can not tell where the leak is? Thermostat? Head gasket?. My friend works at menikee and said that they would look it over but that it wasn't going to be cheap and that they are slammed with work. So I opted to drive the car home and figure out what to do on the ride home he followed me the car was getting hit but not smoking and he was following me and he said nothing was leaking the car is parked outfront of my house and nothing is leaking. What could this be?

Old 01-24-2018, 12:12 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Hot rodding a vehicle that sat for a year is never a good idea... I would perform all head gasket checks to make sure he didn't smoke the motor. Inspect all hoses and fittings for leaks. Drain/flush/fill motor oil (into clean containers so you can dredge a magnet through the oil) and coolant, look for anything else coming out with either (milky white oil, oil in the coolant, etc). Remove the thermostat and either replace or test to verify operation, properly burp the coolant system (Google it, it's a pita).

Hopefully it's nothing severe but if you pegged the needle on H long enough to vent off the coolant then I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Timmyforreal8
I bought a 2006 g35x off of my uncle he owns s towing company and the car has been sitting for over a year. [left]]
Have the vehicle towed to an Infiniti dealer for a full and through inspection and all repairs.

Have the dealer send the bill to your wonderful uncle.

Telcoman

Old 01-24-2018, 08:04 AM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
It wasn't dear uncle that thrashed the motor it was "so-called-mechanic".

Old 01-26-2018, 10:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a tricky coolant leak the other day- Passenger side, valve up against the fire wall on the large coolant line... The hose had cracked right next to the valve. Mechanic found it by squeezing around on the coolant lines... Did not leak unless squeezed or under pressure - while driving...

Old 01-26-2018, 10:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hose going from the heater core going to the water hose, with the bleeder valve cracked...

Old 01-26-2018, 11:01 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Heater core bleed valve is a common point of failure yes, I HIGHLY recommend anyone still using that piece of **** plastic one to replace it with this one from Z1 Motorsports before it fails...

https://www.z1motorsports.com/coolin...e-p-11190.html