G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Abs motor failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:02 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Abs motor failure

Have any of the members experienced the anti lock brake system motor to fail? The dash will light up with numerous warnings including SLIP, ABS FAILURE, and one more. It happens to be an expensive fix if repaired correctly and usually brings the owner to sell the car or keep it without any safety features. Thanks for any feedback.

Old 09-16-2017, 11:21 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
It's not a motor it's an aluminum block with solenoids that can divert brake pressure away from individual brake lines and a computer to.monitor individual tire rotation, deceleration, and yaw. The abs control valve in the engine compartment can have individual components replaced but folks typically scrap the old one and replace the entire assembly.

I think the yaw controller is actually the most expensive part of the whole system, the hardest part about working on an abs system is the amount of time it takes to properly troubleshoot it and test when it's finished. I end up loading a bunch of water into my truck and using a large open parking lot on the other end of town for tire specific skid testing and observing the rubber laid down from brakes, it's crude but effective.

There's some things that are better left for the dealership since they actually have the tools to trigger each tire individually without forcing the vehicle to react to a skid.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.