G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06-15/)
-   -   Starting problem when engine is warmed up (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/462884-starting-problem-when-engine-warmed-up.html)

Tj_ 03-08-2018 09:12 PM

Starting problem when engine is warmed up

Hi! My 2004 g35 sedan is acting weird recently, one day car just won’t start and the cel shows can position sensor...so I changed both of them with bosh brand....then a few weeks later the bank 1 position sensor blew again and I had guarantee on the sensors so I changed it again with the bosh one.....now sometimes when I try to start the car with the engine already warmed up it won’t start??P.S I am a noob here.

Scorpi0 03-09-2018 02:48 AM

Still throwing a OBD code?

Blue Dream 03-09-2018 02:52 AM

Is the CEL showing up again and if so is it a P0340 or 0345? If so, your issue is the sensors themselves. It's a very common complaint when people use aftermarket sensors, a lot of times our cars don't play nice with them. Order authentic Nissan sensors, yes they'll be more expensive but you can get great pricing on them from Amazon compared to what you'd pay at the dealer.

Magneu 03-09-2018 02:02 PM

If it's a loooooong crank yeah, it's probably camshaft sensors. I replaced mine with Duralast ones because I needed them replaced immediately, and they've worked alright for about a month. Had one or two times where it cranks a little longer than normal, so I'm already setting cash aside for OEM ones (although theoretically with the lifetime warranty on the Duralast, you could just get new ones every time they fail). Blue Dream is right, OEM sensors are the best way to go.

Tj_ 03-12-2018 10:40 PM

Ok, i have replaced my cam position sensor for the third time now........this time i went with the duralast....the car ran perfect for 12 hours then when i parked it home at the night and tried cranking it while the car was hot..the cel came on and had p340 code with the vdc and slip light on....it took the car about 5-6 cranks to start...i dont know what to do........i dont have any splash guard under the car do u guys think its the starter maybe the water got into it idk??

telcoman 03-13-2018 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tj_ (Post 7132991)
.......i dont have any splash guard under the car do u guys think its the starter maybe the water got into it idk??

What do you think the purpose of that splash guard is?

Telcoman

Blue Dream 03-13-2018 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Tj_ (Post 7132991)
Ok, i have replaced my cam position sensor for the third time now........this time i went with the duralast....the car ran perfect for 12 hours then when i parked it home at the night and tried cranking it while the car was hot..the cel came on and had p340 code with the vdc and slip light on....it took the car about 5-6 cranks to start...i dont know what to do........i dont have any splash guard under the car do u guys think its the starter maybe the water got into it idk??

Obviously reading comprehension> you. Order Nissan sensors, install, problems gone for app. 100K miles. Amazon is the way to go, the passenger side (P0340) is around $80 and the drivers side (P0345) I just ordered was $100. Or keep buying aftermarket sensors and :banghead: When they crap out don't be surprised or confused, your choice.

cleric670 03-13-2018 11:45 AM

TJ you should follow Blue's advice, aftermarket cam/crank sensors are NOTORIOUS for not working properly in these engines. And yes you should put the splash guard back on the vehicle, it's a giant expensive computer and that guard keeps the water and rocks out.

Tj_ 03-28-2018 12:54 AM

OK,so i did replaced the cam position sensor again this time with the oem ones straight outta Nissan.......everything was good for a week and now again has the same problem....no cel this time
i dont know what to do now....however i do have a video of it......is there anyway i could share it with u guys??....cuz it sounds like its getting no gas?

Scorpi0 03-28-2018 05:41 AM

Upload it to youtube. Copy and paste the link here.

telcoman 03-28-2018 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tj_ (Post 7134712)
OK,so i did replaced the cam position sensor again this time with the oem ones straight outta Nissan.......everything was good for a week and now again has the same problem....no cel this time
i dont know what to do now....however i do have a video of it......is there anyway i could share it with u guys??....cuz it sounds like its getting no gas?

Test fuel pump pressure!

How much gas is in the tank?
Not empty is it?

Telcoman

Tj_ 04-22-2018 02:12 AM

OK....just an update....i did solve the problem by just replacing the starter.....did my research and found out that some of the G"s have a problem with the starter solenoid getting hot and dont wanna turn over...plus the starter i had on the car was some cheap ebay stuff.....changed it and haven't had any problem since then..

ScraggleRock 04-22-2018 02:34 AM

Lol noob school'd y'all.

cleric670 04-22-2018 09:39 AM

Make sure to put that splash guard on so your new starter won't have any extra water damage wear and tear.

FreshLikeAG 04-22-2018 02:50 PM

Makes me want to throw my splash shield on. Been running without it since the kuruma bumper went on. Just wish the holes were pre drilled