G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06-15/)
-   -   2003 G35 Sedan Jerking Forward Motion And Bouncy Motion! (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/466202-2003-g35-sedan-jerking-forward-motion-bouncy-motion.html)

Alanruth99 03-17-2019 11:27 AM

2003 G35 Sedan Jerking Forward Motion And Bouncy Motion!

Hey guys,

So i'm new and just got a 2003 G35 sedan Auto a month ago. Trying to fix a little of everything but it's in great shape. My car feels extremely bouncy when going around turns and bumps. Also it's doing this jerking forward motion going slow 1st to 2nd. I've read thread on top of threads here trying to figure out these two issues. Seems like it could be anything. Shocks? But my struts look bright red like they are newer? Not sure if springs could be the issue and for the jerking forward motion heard people say tranny flush? Or Motor Mounts?

I do have an extra TCM And ECU for the car i got through another stock same model. Not sure if it would help, sometimes it's quick sometimes ecu acts slugglish have done relearn and cleaned throttle body along with new spark plugs i put in. I do have a mass air error code that won't go away longer than a few hours after all relearns? So 3 issues here sorry guys.

Any help would be appreciated pointing to the right direction!

Thanks!

cleric670 03-17-2019 01:27 PM

Start with the one that's actually throwing the CEL. Have you cleaned the MAF? If so and it's still throwing a code then it probably needs to be replaced. You don't need to buy the entire housing just the MAF but be careful with it and don't touch it with your fingers. The sensor is about $35 or so.

The color of the struts means absolutely nothing, you have no idea what condition the damper valves are in on the inside.

Jerking not related to torque output variation is usually worn/broken powertrain mounts, the rear differential mount is particularly weak on the G35 and most folks upgrade to a polyurethane one which will never wear out.

If you replace the ECM or TCM you will have to have everything reprogrammed at the dealership, they are not simply plug-and-play

Your problems are probably all related to the MAF code, what code was it that you car is throwing?

Alanruth99 03-17-2019 08:03 PM

Re

So the jerking motion has been there the entire month I’ve had it. Only going slow 1st to 2nd jerk forward slightly. I’ve heard needs tranny flush could be tranny , motor mounts, Infiniti over phone said could be valve body for that make over phone when describing issues.

The bouncy suspension your right they are red could have been painted? When turning feels like whole car dips to that side a tad? Shocks? Sway bar? Springs?

The MAF code came up after of course I know I cleaned my throttle double triple checked made sure it’s back together right. The code came up just recently after cleaned throttle. I did all the codes but it refused to let me do the throttle relearn?

I changed my spark plugs too and notice oil dripping from the bottom of one I pulled up others just a tad. Plenum seal bad? Where I bought it is suppose to service engine and tranny I bought a warranty. Afraid they won’t know what they are looking at or what I actually need for the jerking motion and oil on spark plugs.

I need to know if I need new shocks or springs this week? Just don’t know what would stop the bouncy and leaning I get paid next Friday so yeah lots of small things.

my rotors feel done as it shakes when I go 70 in steering wheel and on pedal. Rotors bad? Some kind of suspension bad? Or bushing just learning about suspension trying to fig out what I need the most this week. Shocks or rotors guess my tranny and engine are covered should give them the car this week it’s not Infiniti bc it’s older and different mom and pop lot.

cleric670 03-17-2019 08:37 PM

Here's what I would do:

First take it to a tire shop and have them balance the tires

Next take it to an alignment shop and get it aligned and tell them you suspect something is worn out, chances are they'll find out what the suspension issue is and you'll have more parts to replace.

Finally, take it to Nissan/Infiniti and pay for a full vehicle inspection.

Then you'll know what you're up against and can prioritize repairs.

cleric670 03-17-2019 08:39 PM

Make sure to only use a local reputable shop for the tires/alignment. Nissan dealerships are hit/miss but usually pretty thorough on a vehicle inspection because they want to sell you repairs. Expect a lot of things on that report because they'll put in ANYTHING that doesn't meet OEM spec.

Hopefully you will be doing the repairs yourself because otherwise it's going to cost a lot and you're probably better off selling the vehicle lol.

Blue Dream 03-18-2019 04:07 AM

If the red shocks are stock then that means your car has the Sport package. Like mentioned if your car is a pretty high mile vehicle your shocks are probably worn out and that can definitely cause a sloppy ride effect. I haven't heard of many G owners complain about springs wearing out, that does happen on other cars though. Aftermarket sway bars are a great mod but I wouldn't go there before you completed all of your repair/maintenance work.

Oil on your spark plugs is not caused by a bad plenum gasket, the rubber spark plug seals on the valve covers wear out over time and cause oil seepage into the spark plug wells. You can replace them if you can find the parts but you can also buy cheap plastic valve covers that work fine from Rockauto.