G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06-15/)
-   -   Whats up with G35 Sedan owners!!! (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v35-2003-06/51722-whats-up-g35-sedan-owners.html)

soG35 04-22-2005 04:18 PM

Whats up with G35 Sedan owners!!!

First off I have a Black G35 Sedan, so this isn't a flame war aka Sedan vs Coupe. :)

But have you guys noticed that the vast majority of G35 Sedans on the road are poorly kept? I mean most of them have front rims that are gunmetal color from months of break dust or dirty as hell. :mad: My favorite is black sedans that look almost dark grey. Why spend $35K on a car and not keep it nice. For the past two years I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 Black Sedans that were well kept. Guess its hard in Hawaii since it rains 200+ times a year.

On the other hand the majority of coupes I see are in pristine condition, even the black ones. Rims are nice, paint is nice, tires are shinny. I've noticed that the majority of Coupe drivers are younger, while many of the Sedan drivers look older with kids, maybe they don't have as much time to clean their car. But still i see many BMW3 series/TL's/A4/MercC in nice condition, so age can't be everything. Any one else notice this ???

MoHaWk2003 04-22-2005 04:42 PM

yeah i do notice it...i think a lot of women drive the sedans as well

RichK 04-22-2005 04:45 PM

It's common around here too. The problem seems to be that 8 out of 10 people use a car like a utility. They are kept poorly, especially if it is leased. They get washed MAYBE twice a year at the local car wash. I refer to those poorly kept cars as "toasters". It kills me to see such nice cars treated like crap. But hey, I'm not making the payment on it. My car is washed once a week (at least) and also waxed weekly if the weather permits. I work my a$$ off to buy nice things and like to keep them that way.

shodog 04-22-2005 05:08 PM

I am guilty of having a dirty car. When I was in High School I used to wash my car almost everyday. As I got older it didn't matter much to me anymore. Right now my front rims are very dark with dust. I thought about washing it but the wifey is taking it on a road trip this weekend so whats the use.

Rumble 04-22-2005 05:23 PM

I have dirty rims as well, but I try my best to clean them in the spring/summer time. I wash them and they just get REAL dirty after a day. Bugs me and maybe others as well. That may be one reason why any G35 has dirty rims.

mark986 04-22-2005 06:10 PM

Clean car is the sign of a sick mind. =) JK

dirrtybear 04-22-2005 06:28 PM

I used to own a toaster. My 99 Toyota Solara was washed once in its final 2 years of ownership. In its 6 years of total ownership, it was never waxed. I could count the # of times it's been washed on ONE hand.

My G on the other hand was washed 3 times in nearly 4 weeks, and "waxed" (CrystalGuard) twice. :D

GeeWillikers 04-22-2005 06:30 PM

I can tell you - you can eat out of the wheel wells of my sedan.

I don't even let dust settle..

transportchef 04-22-2005 06:52 PM

Your complaint could be applied to any make model. I attribute poor upkeep to other priorities. You never know what difficulties people are enduring. I admittedly share the same thought when I see 745il, s600, sl500 with the dirty wheels. And these cars are easily twice the price of the G.

phdvamp 04-22-2005 06:54 PM

Around here it seems that a majority of sedan drivers are women too. Of course I’m not helping that statistic any, but at least I Cali dust my car every morning and wash it almost every weekend. The only time my G is dirty is when it’s rained during the week.

My neighbor has a sedan with now-gunmetal rims. Both she and her husband (who’s never driven the car) just look at it as a nice looking car to lug the kids around in. Some people just aren’t into cars—oh well, to each their own.

soG35 04-22-2005 06:55 PM

the thing that gets me puzzled is that the percentage of dirty G35 Sedans is so much higher than dirty G35 Coupes. I hardly ever see a really dirty Coupe, but dirty Sedans are a daily affair.

ABQ_G35 04-22-2005 07:17 PM

It's not only G35 owners, I see a lot of higher end cars looking dirty, a lot of BMW's running around with really dirty black wheels, I don't care, it's their money, it makes our kept clean cars worth more later, you can always tell one that hasn't been kept properly, no matter how they may detail it to sell! I take care of mine, I keep it as clean as I can most of the time, weather permitting!

dbarnes 04-22-2005 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by soG35
First off I have a Black G35 Sedan, so this isn't a flame war aka Sedan vs Coupe. :)

But have you guys noticed that the vast majority of G35 Sedans on the road are poorly kept? I mean most of them have front rims that are gunmetal color from months of break dust or dirty as hell. :mad: My favorite is black sedans that look almost dark grey. Why spend $35K on a car and not keep it nice. For the past two years I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 Black Sedans that were well kept. Guess its hard in Hawaii since it rains 200+ times a year.

On the other hand the majority of coupes I see are in pristine condition, even the black ones. Rims are nice, paint is nice, tires are shinny. I've noticed that the majority of Coupe drivers are younger, while many of the Sedan drivers look older with kids, maybe they don't have as much time to clean their car. But still i see many BMW3 series/TL's/A4/MercC in nice condition, so age can't be everything. Any one else notice this ???

Rare is the day that my black sedan does not look "showroom" clean. We wash her once a week, regardless of the weather, and my wife wipes it down with microfiber towels and "quick detailer spray" just about every morning, before I leave for work. She also washes the windshield if it's dirty, and, mid-week, she will spray the front rims with "brake buster", hose them off, then wipe them down with a terry cloth towel, then goes to the back ones and just wipes them down with the damp towel. She's awesome, and because of that, so is my "G" !!

My advice - marry well !!

soG35 04-22-2005 09:09 PM

dbarnes,
you lucky guy!
my wife hasn't even washed/wiped/waxed/cleaned the G even once! :(

its not so bad because i enjoy cleaning my G, and i don't trust anyone to clean it anyway!

ABQ_G35 04-22-2005 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by dbarnes
Rare is the day that my black sedan does not look "showroom" clean. We wash her once a week, regardless of the weather, and my wife wipes it down with microfiber towels and "quick detailer spray" just about every morning, before I leave for work. She also washes the windshield if it's dirty, and, mid-week, she will spray the front rims with "brake buster", hose them off, then wipe them down with a terry cloth towel, then goes to the back ones and just wipes them down with the damp towel. She's awesome, and because of that, so is my "G" !!

My advice - marry well !!

What's brake buster, this stuff? http://westleys.com/internal_pages/p...white_dust.jpg