G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08-217/)
-   -   What is largets CF card tried so far? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/127051-what-largets-cf-card-tried-so-far.html)

mathur999 11-23-2006 10:57 AM

What is largets CF card tried so far?

I was wondering what the largest CF card people have tried so far and will work. I also wanted to know if anyone knows the number of mp3 files in total the system can handle on the CF card.

Thanks...

PS: Still waiting Shane...They have the car today and likely will not get PDI till tomorrow so earliest I can get it will be Saturday..Maybe??

Garnet Canuck 11-23-2006 11:20 AM

Hang in there Arun, your waiting days will soon be over! ;)

mathur999 11-23-2006 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by canuck
Hang in there Arun, your waiting days will soon be over! ;)

I tell ya Shane, if it was not for the fact that the sales lady is a friend I also know socially, I would likely have just finished the last 7 months of lease on my G35 coupe and then looked at all cars. I was taking a bit of a hit on the lease of my old car for the sake of having this new car early and within a week or two. 6 weeks now is beyond my usual wait pperiod for a car especially when the market is saturated with a number of comparable and capable cars. I test drove the BMW 335 last week and it is a very nice car. I feel it is a better driving car with more power but the G35 is a better value for what you get in the price with better gadgets and electronics and erganomics...:(

Garnet Canuck 11-23-2006 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by mathur999
I tell ya Shane, if it was not for the fact that the sales lady is a friend I also know socially, I would likely have just finished the last 7 months of lease on my G35 coupe and then looked at all cars. I was taking a bit of a hit on the lease of my old car for the sake of having this new car early and within a week or two. 6 weeks now is beyond my usual wait pperiod for a car especially when the market is saturated with a number of comparable and capable cars. I test drove the BMW 335 last week and it is a very nice car. I feel it is a better driving car with more power but the G35 is a better value for what you get in the price with better gadgets and electronics and erganomics...:(

I hear ya Arun. I had a buyer that I was certain was going to purchase my 03, but they decided against it. Now I have no buyer for my 03 and will need to trade it in if I get the 07. I too will be taking a very significant hit if I take delivery on my 07. I need to negotiate further with the dealer to see if there is a figure that we can both agree upon. :(

InTgr8r 11-23-2006 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by mathur999

LOL... I understand completely Arun!
Waiting is not my strong suit either :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

codeflux 11-23-2006 02:29 PM

8gb is the largest card made, that i know of.

mdege 11-23-2006 03:37 PM

I got a 2 gig I use. Works great.

DaCurryman 11-23-2006 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by codeflux
8gb is the largest card made, that i know of.

yeah, but there was talk of the car's system only being able to read a certain number of files, which made getting anything more than a 2 or 4gb card pretty useless. I think this is what he's referring to.

Sukairain 11-23-2006 03:48 PM

Anyway to convert the CF connector to a USB2.0 port? After that you might be able to hook it up to a external HDD. The only thing is I am not sure whether or not there is enough power from the CF slot to support it.

jnmunsey 11-23-2006 04:38 PM

techincally you can hook an ide hard drive to the slot as CF has the same pinjout. a lot of hacking work and also you'll need external power for the drive but it is possible. external usb seems better though.

I don't want to judge it too much yet, but from what I am hearing this stereo really fell far short for what it is supposed to be. This is 2007 and there are file limits on mp3 playback?

My in dash mp3 player designed and first built in 1999 can support 2 x100gb drives. Yes, 200Gb of music! Maybe more actually. It is 7 years old!!! Supports mp3, wma, and even ogg vorbis! Oh it is the empeg/rio car btw andthey stopped making them in 2001...

07G 11-23-2006 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by mdege
I got a 2 gig I use. Works great.

I have two cards (2 GB and 1 GB) that work fine. I prefer it to the MusicBox as I can easily add and delete tracks when I want.

mathur999 11-23-2006 07:52 PM

I wonder if the file limit can be increased in the future by Infinity with a firmware upgrade. Also better handling of MP3 ID3 tags and folders would be benificial. Could not be that hard...

Q56_Monster 11-23-2006 07:59 PM

Unrelated to the original thread question, but still about the CF......What's the best way to copy MP3's/WMA's from your computer to a CF card? Do I need a CF card reader? And do I need to create a data "disk" of my files, or just drag and drop?

Garnet Canuck 11-23-2006 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Q56_Monster
Unrelated to the original thread question, but still about the CF......What's the best way to copy MP3's/WMA's from your computer to a CF card? Do I need a CF card reader? And do I need to create a data "disk" of my files, or just drag and drop?

Yes, you will need a card reader....whether it be an external card reader or an internal card reader found on alot of laptops. All you do is drop and drag MP3s to the CF card just like you would any other type of drive.

Q56_Monster 11-23-2006 08:25 PM

Thanks canuck. I have an SD card reader built into my Dell laptop, no CF though. Guess I'll have to invest in a CF reader. It's nice to know you can just copy file to it. Makes it easy, more so than the thought of coping original CD's to the Music Box! Man that's lame.

I'm sure I'll copy some, but then I'll probably never update it and just use the CF. Did I read somewhere you can 2X the copy speed on the CD to music box?