Bulletin Posted: TEMPERATURE DIFFERENCE WHEN USING HEATED SEATS

2007 INFINITI G35 SEDAN; TEMPERATURE DIFFERENCE WHEN USING HEATED SEATS

Vehicles built before 12/14/06

http://www.infinitihelp.com/Ownershi.../ITB07-014.htm

Old 03-25-2007, 12:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well there ya go!

Thanks for the post and research...
I guess there is an answer for those who have issues with the heater.

GJ Infiniti.

Old 03-25-2007, 12:39 AM
they wont do this if i take it in

Old 03-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by kraqcommando
??? What do you mean?

Old 03-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kraqcommando
With the TSB released I think I have a fight ahead of me, I doubt they will do this at my dealership either.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:36 AM
Really? Mine ordered the parts no questions asked.. ok maybe a question or two.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:37 AM
I'm not sure I get it...
Either you have crappy service departments - or the one I use is above the average.
I print out a TSB and take it to my dealer and they do it.
No questions.
Do you have a history of bad service? Get corprate involved.
A TSB is a service that Infiniti corporate reimburses them to do... $$ in the dealer's pocket. Not sure why they wouldn't want to do it.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by G-Whizzer
I'm not sure I get it...
Either you have crappy service departments - or the one I use is above the average.
I print out a TSB and take it to my dealer and they do it.
No questions.
Do you have a history of bad service? Get corprate involved.
A TSB is a service that Infiniti corporate reimburses them to do... $$ in the dealer's pocket. Not sure why they wouldn't want to do it.
I have a history of bad service and a history of worse service from corporate. The only person I can seem to speak to there told me that if the dealership has tested the seats and finds them to be working to spec, my amature diagnosis is not of any value.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:36 AM
Bad Toro
Good info bro.

This is going to the FAQ section.

Thanks.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristianN
I have a history of bad service and a history of worse service from corporate. The only person I can seem to speak to there told me that if the dealership has tested the seats and finds them to be working to spec, my amature diagnosis is not of any value.
That's not really acceptable.

I would first confrim - go to the service manager and ask ' are you seriously telling me that you will not implement an authorized technical bulletin?...that the dealer 'spec' overrrides the manaufacturer spec?? This is not an owners amateur diagnosis - this is the manufacturer! What if it were a safety issue but the dealer thought it was safe enough!!! Who will issue recalls on this car - the dealer??

If they give ANY excuse:

1) tell the service manager he just lost a customer.

2) I would drop by the SALES guy, tell him it was nice doing business with you, but that you cant get the car serviced here for authroized work..and that you had assumed this was an authorized dealership. I would point out that the owner just all future sales for BOTH your cars as well as the service on both those cars AND that you would be contacting head office shortly to advise them accordingly......sales guy may take some interest and have some influence.

...and failing that, I would drive compleltely out of my way to a dealer who would do it. no questions asked, and have my car service there...

Old 03-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by ThatsMyG
and failing that, I would drive compleltely out of my way to a dealer who would do it. no questions asked, and have my car service there...
The problem for me is that I took my car in for its first service and they agreed to test the seat heaters. They noted on my file that they diagnosed the seats to be fully operational so Infiniti Canada's position is that the seats work correctly no matter what I say or how many times I say it.

As for going to a different dealership, I would have to drive to Edmonton and I can't take time off work to get my seat heaters fixed. The TSB is out now so I am going to give Hyatt another try.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:07 PM
When I took my car in a month ago regarding the seat heater issue, I was told everything is working as it should. The service guy even said, don't compare the seat heaters with a Lexus or BMW. Infiniti's are known to have weaker seat heaters!!!!!! I will try to take it back with this TSB and see if they agree to fix it. Thanks for the information.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by batmobl
The service guy even said, don't compare the seat heaters with a Lexus or BMW. Infiniti's are known to have weaker seat heaters!!!!!!
I heard the same story but they told me not to compare to ford,chevy or any other manufacturer.

Old 03-25-2007, 02:19 PM
H2S
The positive thing is that Infiniti seems to take this stuff serious. It seems that they identify issues and issue TSB and bullitens better than other make and models I have had in the past. Glad to see that I should be fine. I checked my VIN and mine was built after. I guess something had to come good after the long wait.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by ChristianN
Amature diagnosis? What?! You purchased a brand new car with a faulty part that is covered 100% under warrenty. Don't accept that sort of treatment. Contact Infiniti USA (don't know the number but there must be one) and ask for advice, nicely. They will help you out. Infiniti is obligated to get it fixed for you. If the dealership says "we don't like your attitude" (they are a private business) Infiniti still owes you a resolution or needs to give you your money back. At least ship you the part to repair yourself. It looks very easy.

Biggest problem I have with Infiniti, there is only one dealer within my metro area, 5 with in 4 hours but who wants to drive 4 hours to get a repair. Therefore if I ever have an issue, too bad for me!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bulletin Posted: TEMPERATURE DIFFERENCE WHEN USING HEATED SEATS