G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New Owner '07 G35S, Couple Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Owner '07 G35S, Couple Questions

Hi Everyone,

I'm a proud new owner of a 2007 Infiniti G35S Sedan and this is my first official post here. I have a couple questions for you all, here goes:

1) When I'm talking on my phone through the car's Bluetooth system and I want to shut off the car but continue the conversation on Bluetooth, is it possible? Whenever I shut off the engine, the conversation is auto-transferred back to the phone/headset, how do I keep it on the car's system instead? Also, is it possible to use the BT phone system when the car is off and in park? I often sit in the car waiting for someone and it'd be nice to use the BT system while the car is off. Any help here would be most appreciated!

2) When I accelerate quickly, I hear a metal rattling sound toward the front/middle of the car as if something in the exhaust is loose. Is this a common sound? It sounds like metal virbrating. Doesn't seem normal to me.

3) I have the clear bra pre-installed by the dealer. What are your thoughts on this? Not sure if I like it, it shows dirt very quickly. After a wash, the dirt appears almost after a day or two. Have any of you removed the clear bra? I'm seriously considering it.

4) Any leasers out there? I leased mine and was wondering what kind of deals you all got. Sorry if this isn't an appropriate question.

5) How do you feel about the interior space? I'm 6'4" and I could use a liiiiittle more shoulder space, especially on the left hand side. The side column doesn't give me much breathing room with the seat back all the way. And I'm surprised at how far that seat goes back, wow!

6) Speaking of seats, I have the sport seats and think they should've made the bottom seat (not back) bolsters a little wider, they're too snug for my taste. But do feel better with the thigh extension extended.

Anyway, I hope you guys can help with any or all of these questions. I am soooo stoked on this car, I absolutely love it! Kills the competition. And I don't think I've ever owned a car that has turned so many heads before, I quite enjoy that part of it! BTW, I upgraded to the G from an '04 Grand Cherokee.

Thanks!

Last edited by whtbst; 04-05-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
1. Just push your ON/OFF ignition button twice rapidly and I don't think your BT call will be affected. I have't tried it personally but it should work. I see no way of having a call through the Gs BT system while the car is off with no power.

2. Not sure, I haven't heard any sounds like that on mine.

3. Do a search, there are tons of threads on this.

4. I leased my G due to business write-offs but, I am in Canada so the prices up here won't help you much.

5. I'm only 5'8" so I've got tons of space inside the G.

6. Again, since I'm not a big guy the side bolsters mold right to my upper body. I find them extremely comfortable.

Btw, congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. Post up some pics in the media share section at the top of the page.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
1. GC is correct, the double-tap works

2. Not normal on mine

3. Yep

4. I bought

5. 5'11", lots of room for me. A buddy is 6'3" and 230, he bought a journey and loves it (plenty of room)

6. He bought the journey because of the sport seats

Congrats! I love mine

Old 04-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the tips! I tried the double tap trick for the Bluetooth phone and it worked nicely!

One more question, on my Jeep GC, the doors locked automatically after accelerating past 15 mph. I loved this feature bc it made me feel safe and sound as I drove off, does the auto lock feature work in the new G Sedan?

Old 04-06-2007, 07:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
whtbst -

1. See above.
2. I've heard a similar sound. Figure the car is still new. As long as something doesn't fall off, I could care less. Will ask the shop when I take it in for her 1st oil change.
3. No clear bra here; search will work.
4. Bought mine; mod crazy.
5. 5' 8" like GC; lovin the space; fit like a glove.
6. See number 5. Love the tight feel!

Welcome to the wonderful world of G's.

Old 04-06-2007, 07:36 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by whtbst
Thanks for the tips! I tried the double tap trick for the Bluetooth phone and it worked nicely!

One more question, on my Jeep GC, the doors locked automatically after accelerating past 15 mph. I loved this feature bc it made me feel safe and sound as I drove off, does the auto lock feature work in the new G Sedan?
I am not aware of any auto-lock feature on the G, and to be quite honest, I am glad. My parent's Taurus has that feature and it is extremely annoying.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:52 AM
2) Your engine might be pinging for reasons unknown. I suggest you get it checked out by the dealer ASAP in case it is, because detonation is destructive.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Garnet Canuck, but you can also disable the auto-lock if you want. I always left mine on, especially living in LA most of the time I had it. The last thing I want is a car jacker on my hands, I guess I'll have to remember to lock the doors of my new G every time I drive off now

Thanks for all the replies, love this site!

Old 04-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Garnet Canuck, but you can also disable the auto-lock if you want. I always left mine on, especially living in LA most of the time I had it. The last thing I want is a car jacker on my hands, I guess I'll have to remember to lock the doors of my new G every time I drive off now

Thanks for all the replies, love this site!
Honestly wouldn't a car jacker have a weapon of some sort ???
In that case, any sane person would give up the car rather than get injured or killed !!

Glad I got the 6MT -- the car jacker would probably stall it if he/she is not used to the high clutch ... I can run away with the iKey in my pocket

Old 04-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Haha! I'd rather get shot in the back of the head than lose my new G Well, maybe not.

I was thinking the same thing about the iKey!! I always keep it in my pocket and actually thought about what would happen if I did get carjacked and the guy drove off without the iKey. I heard that without the iKey inside the car, you couldn't drive off more than a couple miles before the car turns off. That's what a valet told me recently, at least. I forgot to give him the iKey when I pulled up to the restaurant and he drove off without it. When I was done with dinner, he said "Can I get the key back?" and I was like "You have it, you drove off with the car! How could you NOT have the key??" And then I realized I had the key in my pocket the whole time, needless to say, I was quite red-faced.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:47 PM
I was thinking the same thing about the iKey!! I always keep it in my pocket and actually thought about what would happen if I did get carjacked and the guy drove off without the iKey. I heard that without the iKey inside the car, you couldn't drive off more than a couple miles before the car turns off.
That is not true -- you can indeed the drive the car forever (well assuming you don't run out of gas !) .... there is no restriction on the distance if the iKey goes "missing".

But once the car stops (or stalls), you cannot re-start it without the iKey.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:18 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by max2k1
Honestly wouldn't a car jacker have a weapon of some sort ???
In that case, any sane person would give up the car rather than get injured or killed !!

Glad I got the 6MT -- the car jacker would probably stall it if he/she is not used to the high clutch ... I can run away with the iKey in my pocket
I'm pretty sure if someone wanted to jack your car, they probably know exactly what they want and probably know about the ikey.

I have seen some prettly nice systems that WILL kill the engine after a preset time if the driver's door has been opened with the engine running. To prevent the car from shutting down, there is a hidden pressure switch under the carpet that must be depressed.

Old 04-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by terrycs
I'm pretty sure if someone wanted to jack your car, they probably know exactly what they want and probably know about the ikey.

I have seen some prettly nice systems that WILL kill the engine after a preset time if the driver's door has been opened with the engine running. To prevent the car from shutting down, there is a hidden pressure switch under the carpet that must be depressed.
That would be cool! I'm always concerned about anything that can interfere with the ignition though, you always wonder about the potential for a problem...

Old 04-08-2007, 11:53 AM
This may be too obvious, but the seat bolsters adjust on mine with the premium package. Try that.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:50 PM
the seat bolsters adjust due to the sport package, not the premium package.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Owner '07 G35S, Couple Questions