G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08-217/)
-   -   New 07 G35x Owner/Previous IS350 Owner (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/170641-new-07-g35x-owner-previous-is350-owner.html)

ScottyB 08-03-2007 02:50 PM

New 07 G35x Owner/Previous IS350 Owner

Hello Everyone,

Just picked up a new G35x Obsidian/Slate with XM. Great car so far. I test drove just about all the entry level luxury brands and I did not have the funds available to get the BMW 335, but this car was oh so close to the road feel of the BMW plus it had a much nicer interior and was about 8K cheaper to boot.

I got rid of a IS350 which was a nightmare. It had alignment problems, brake problems, and the last straw was a oil leak where the engine was going to have to be pulled. The G is just a nose hair slower, but handling is much better, road feel much better and back seat room is much better.

The only sample defects with the car so far is the inside plastic rear deck lid pull hole popped out and my exhaust tips are slightly misaligned (left one is about a 1/2" higher than the the right). I may try to pull the left one down a little or just have the dealer replace the rubber mounts to see if that helps. Besides for those small issues, the car seems rock solid and super tight.

Scott

randman 08-03-2007 03:02 PM

Congratulations. I thought of the IS350 but came to the conclusion that it was way too small. In addition, it didn't support AWD, and the IS250, which did have AWD, has a much less powerful engine.

Yes, the BMW 335 is a bit more expensive, and by the time you add all the options, the price differential between it and the G35 increases even more. Also, the G35 will likely spend less time in the shop than the BMW.

Garnet Canuck 08-03-2007 03:07 PM

Welcome aboard Scott, congrats on picking up your G. I am actually a little surprised of your issues with your IS, but I guess it goes to show you that every manufacturer doesn't make a perfect vehicle.

ugaexploder 08-03-2007 03:25 PM

i'm happy you decided to go with the G! lexus is a good name and the is350 is god awful fast but i have a feeling you'll love the G even more! congrats

ScottyB 08-03-2007 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Welcome aboard Scott, congrats on picking up your G. I am actually a little surprised of your issues with your IS, but I guess it goes to show you that every manufacturer doesn't make a perfect vehicle.

Yeah, I was surprised too. Plus on top of these issues, the car had dings in it on two separate occasions after picking it up from the dealer. All Lexus did to try to help for all the inconvenience was to offer me a free first service. :banghead:

The only good thing I have to say about the car is that its trade in value was more than what I owed on it after not putting anything down on the car. I must have negotiated a good deal when I bought it.

logik05se 08-03-2007 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyB
The only good thing I have to say about the car is that its trade in value was more than what I owed on it after not putting anything down on the car. I must have negotiated a good deal when I bought it.

thats unreal lol......

btw congrats on your new purchase...enjoy it brotha!

SPEEED 08-04-2007 10:11 AM

Congrats and welcome to the club! :D

da mayor 08-04-2007 10:15 AM

congrats -- btw next tiem you go to the dealer have them fix your sunroof molding before it starts happening -- i hate that small piece falling off on some G's. good luck w/ it you'll enjoy the extra space