G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Blue theme on NAV display - Revisited (UPDATED W/PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maybe the picture was taken with a blue filter on the camera to make things look whiter? and the screen looks blue due to the white background lights that light up the screen looks blue?

Old 09-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by viguera
Wait one...

That car has paddles and an auto, unless they 6MT shifter looks like the auto stick?

I agree with the post below... that picture is most likely doctored for a press/website shot. Even all of the simulated screens on that DVD that you get show the darker colors.

I wonder though because it asks if you have nav or not, so I wonder if the tour for the non-nav version will have blue screens instead.
The the auto tranny gets the paddles. The image shows a NAV based on the buttons surrounding the dial. I have a feeling that was a software option but is locked out....too bad. Although I do like the darker background of the current screen.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:02 PM
i don't know if this was psychological or what, but one thing that i did notice was that the two loaners i have had, the LCD screen resolution seemed significantly lower than the nav i had. more jagged edges on the fonts, and the over all color and display just seemed harsh, even after twiddling with the various settings.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Bad Toro
Originally Posted by dopey
i don't know if this was psychological or what, but one thing that i did notice was that the two loaners i have had, the LCD screen resolution seemed significantly lower than the nav i had. more jagged edges on the fonts, and the over all color and display just seemed harsh, even after twiddling with the various settings.
Those are two different LCDs. The NAV screens are touch-screens, whereas the non-NAV ones are not.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Bad Toro
Originally Posted by disgookonfiya
maybe the picture was taken with a blue filter on the camera to make things look whiter? and the screen looks blue due to the white background lights that light up the screen looks blue?
I don't know what filters Infiniti may have used for this picture, but I know what I saw this morning in the loaner. A few more hours and you'll see it for yourself after I snap a pic.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts
G35x
The blue screen shows up in SOW commercial here as well.

http://www.infiniti.com/g_sedan/review.html

Old 09-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
I am interested in seeing those pics of your loaner Dan.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Bad Toro
OK boys and gals, here they are . The main status screen shows it the best (1st pic). In other screens there is faded blue shade that didn't register correctly by my digicam (time for an upgrade )

Mind you that since it's a stripped down G, it doesn't have too many screens to go through. I took pics of pretty much every screen shot the non-navi/premium has.

I don't know, but that's definitely a blue hue that our Gs don't have...You be the judge...

Old 09-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
The blue looks great in that first pic. Thanks for posting them up Dan.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Bad Toro
I'm just glad I'm not imagining things...

I will further investigate this tomorrow with my service dept.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my car has this

its an option under the display --> colour
when i push it it changes from the reddish theme to the blue one

Old 09-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Bad Toro
Originally Posted by ON_6MT
my car has this

its an option under the display --> colour
when i push it it changes from the reddish theme to the blue one
OK, now I HAVE to get out of bed and go down to the garage to see for myself....

BRB...

Old 09-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Bad Toro
OK, I'm back. That's incorrect. The Display --> Color option only changes the hue on the blue from darker to brighter. It doesn't change the color.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by SPEEED
OK, I'm back. That's incorrect. The Display --> Color option only changes the hue on the blue from darker to brighter. It doesn't change the color.
I checked all my options today... there's no option anywhere to change the UI color.

And the Infiniti DVD shows the screens on the non-nav, non-premium cars to have the same color as mine, no blue anywhere that I can see.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:59 PM
I think in the original picture you posted to start this thread, the camera is playing tricks with the color of the screen. That said, I have a Sport with Nav and Premium, and my screen is the standard red/grey. I got a stripped down X this evening as a loaner, and it has the blue screen. At first, I liked it...but I think it was only because it was different that what I was used to. If I would've had the blue first, and then someone put me in a car with the red/grey theme, I would like THAT better. I can't wait to get MY car back tomorrow...there's nothing to fiddle with in the x...it doesn't even have bluetooth, and the ride is pretty soft compared to my S.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Blue theme on NAV display - Revisited (UPDATED W/PICS)