G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Blue theme on NAV display - Revisited (UPDATED W/PICS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Bad Toro
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue theme on NAV display - Revisited (UPDATED W/PICS)

I know this subject has been discussed before but I don't recall any concrete answers... I tried searching for it in case I missed it, but came up empty handed.

A while back there was a discussion about the blue theme seen in Infiniti's brochures on all NAV screen shots. For a while, I thought it was something to do with a marketing gimmick until this morning when I dropped my car for service and picked up a G35X as a loaner - it had that blue theme on the screen The only difference I can think of is that the X was stripped down - no premium package, not even a sunroof.

Has anyone managed to figure it out? Is it only available on non-premium models? But then again, on Infiniti's website, there is a shot (attached bellow) of a Sport model.

I'll snap a pic of the loaner's screen tonight when I get home.

Attached Thumbnails Blue theme on NAV display - Revisited (UPDATED W/PICS)-asdfasdf.jpg  

Last edited by SPEEED; 09-19-2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:24 AM
I dont have NAV and was trying to figure it out but turned up nothing. There is a background color button in settings but it only changes the brightness. Im stuck with orange/grey

Old 09-19-2007, 10:38 AM
The goblin resurrection

Received 187 Likes on 95 Posts
wow that does look good I can see why u like it

Old 09-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by CFar
I dont have NAV and was trying to figure it out but turned up nothing. There is a background color button in settings but it only changes the brightness. Im stuck with orange/grey
Same thing here, although I have the screen in the "status" mode most of the time. This way the audio part is blue and the A/C is gray.

William

Old 09-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Bad Toro
Like I said, I'll snap a few pics tonight. Same car, same model year... there must be something we're missing.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by SPEEED
Like I said, I'll snap a few pics tonight. Same car, same model year... there must be something we're missing.
Is the loaner an 08? I had an 08 FX loaner and the display had different colors.

Much nicer looking too... and a few subtle touches that were more than just the color. Like the temp display has a little "arc" around it, and when you go from AC to heat (like 77 to 79) it automatically changes color from blue to red.

Could be interface changes that were done to the later model cars or maybe even the new ones that were not part of the 07s?

Old 09-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Bad Toro
Originally Posted by viguera
Is the loaner an 08? I had an 08 FX loaner and the display had different colors.
Nope, it's a 2007 model year.

G35X - IP/Wheat. No packages.
VIN#: JNKBV61F97M817503

I just compared the VIN number above with mine, and this loaner is an EARLIER build. So if it has it, mine has to have that option - unless it's a trim/level thing (i.e. Journey/ X only, or non-premium cars - but then again... that pic above contradicts everything).

Could be interface changes that were done to the later model cars or maybe even the new ones that were not part of the 07s?
I doubt it since the photo I've attached above ^^ has been on their site since the 2nd generation sedan launch date.

Last edited by SPEEED; 09-19-2007 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:55 AM
i've noticed on the 2 07 loaners i've had from the dealer that they've both have had the blue theme on the display. Neither of them have nav. Since the car you mentioned didn't even have premium, I assume it didn't have nav either.

I think the theme is only available on the stock non-nav stereo. I've both a premium and non-premium (both no-nav) loanders.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by dopey
i've noticed on the 2 07 loaners i've had from the dealer that they've both have had the blue theme on the display. Neither of them have nav. Since the car you mentioned didn't even have premium, I assume it didn't have nav either.

I think the theme is only available on the stock non-nav stereo. I've both a premium and non-premium (both no-nav) loanders.
That's what I thought, but CFar says that he doesn't have nav and he doesn't have blue.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Bad Toro
Originally Posted by dopey

Look at the photo above ^^ - It's a fully loaded 07 Sport with Premium and NAV at the very least. Possibly Tech too.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Interesting, I would love to be able to change to the blue theme.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Look at the photo above ^^ - It's a fully loaded 07 Sport with Premium and NAV at the very least. Possibly Tech too.
Yes, but I'm not talking about the infiniti press photo. Press photos more often than not, don't represent reality. I'm talking about the G35X you got, which didn't have nav, and the two loaners I've had which didn't have nav, all had the blue theme, but the cars with nav i've seen, i haven't figure out how to change that.

I do remember on teh first loaner, i figured out how to change it from the blue to the orangish theme, and when i got my car back, the same settings did no such thing.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:02 PM
As far as I can tell, I don't have blue (although it would be nice). And I don't have nav.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Wait one...

That car has paddles and an auto, unless they 6MT shifter looks like the auto stick?

I agree with the post below... that picture is most likely doctored for a press/website shot. Even all of the simulated screens on that DVD that you get show the darker colors.

I wonder though because it asks if you have nav or not, so I wonder if the tour for the non-nav version will have blue screens instead.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Bad Toro
Wait one...

That car has paddles and an auto, unless they 6MT shifter looks like the auto stick?
I'm not following... Yes, it's auto, so?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Blue theme on NAV display - Revisited (UPDATED W/PICS)