G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Auto Air Conditioner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Air Conditioner

I have the 08 journey, and when I select the "Auto" button, it changes the air mode to the foot vents. If I then change the mode back to the main vents, it takes it off auto.

My husband has a 350z and when he uses the auto mode, it comes out of the normal vents.

Any clue as to why it would do this?

Thanks,
Denise

Old 01-30-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by denise1768
I have the 08 journey, and when I select the "Auto" button, it changes the air mode to the foot vents. If I then change the mode back to the main vents, it takes it off auto.

My husband has a 350z and when he uses the auto mode, it comes out of the normal vents.

Thanks,
Denise
Depends on the current cabin temp and the set temp.
It changes the vents automatically all the time to maintain your set temp all over
(esp in cold, it uses the foot vent rather than blow cold air in your face) - should change once the engine warms up.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks,
Denise
This would typically occur if you have the cabin temp set significantly (8+ degrees or so) higher than the outside temp. That invokes the heater, which blows at your feet.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by max2k1
Depends on the current cabin temp and the set temp.
It changes the vents automatically all the time to maintain your set temp all over
(esp in cold, it uses the foot vent rather than blow cold air in your face) - should change once the engine warms up.
+1. Once the car reaches the desired temperature, it'll change to the dash vents.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Wow - I have been wondering this same exact thing. This was my only complaint to the dealer when they did the follow up calls. But, the salesman told me that it shouldn't be like this and they would fix it when I come in for my first oil change. He said that it should stay at the same setting as when I turn my car off.

Now, I am confused.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by windy1365
Wow - I have been wondering this same exact thing. This was my only complaint to the dealer when they did the follow up calls. But, the salesman told me that it shouldn't be like this and they would fix it when I come in for my first oil change. He said that it should stay at the same setting as when I turn my car off.

Now, I am confused.
Lesson, salesmen don't know what they're talking about...ever.

Old 01-31-2008, 12:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks,
Denise
You have the heater on, he has the cold on

More likely, the two of you were in his car in the summer, while you're in the G in cold weather.

Originally Posted by windy1365

Now, I am confused.
If you were in manual mode, it will remember how you had it. Automatic will never be the same because it is constantly adjusting to current conditions.

Originally Posted by fecurtis
I beg to differ.

Last edited by mIKE; 01-31-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Mike may be the exception

Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
I beg to differ.
Mike said the above in response to a comment from fecurtis that auto salesmen don't ever know what they are talking about. Based on my reading of Mike's informative responses to many questions, I would say that he is an exception to fecurtis' rule.

My own experience with auto salesmen is that fecurtis is often right--that an informed consumer (read "car nut") almost always knows more about a particular automobile than the sales person. But, of course, the sales person's focus has to be on moving the product, not necessarily knowing everything about the product. For what it's worth, I'm not saying that this is the way it should be--just that it is the way it often is.

An informed, engaged salesperson, like Mike, is a true delight. Wish I could find one in my area.

--Rich

Old 02-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heat rises, so the foot vents open up first if you want a cabin temperature to be higher than what it is. Warm air would then cover then entire vertical space from bottom to top.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ +1

Old 02-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks all. I hate that it goes on the foot, but yeah, makes sense.

Denise

Old 02-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Of course we do. Just the other day I was telling my customer how the RB26DETT under the hood of his '08 G35 V-Spec has an aluminum block and not a cast iron one. He also tried to convince me that the G is called the Skyline in Japan but I set him straight when I showed him pictures of the all new VK V8 powered R35 GT-R that will be sold through Infiniti dealership.

Also, he tried to tell me that Kate Beckinsale is hot but I set his azz straight on that one too. Dumb English broad.

Last edited by bruddahmanmatt; 02-06-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:54 PM
FZ1
Has anyone else noticed the AC compressor runs constantly while using auto climate control? The AC button always starts lit, and I can hear it turn off if I press AC. I would think it wouldn't be necessary when only hot air is required to bring the cabin temp to what I've set, and it seems like a waste (although probably not much of one). I just kill it manually when I know only hot air is needed.

Anyone else see this?

Old 02-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Moderation-free
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FZ1
Has anyone else noticed the AC compressor runs constantly while using auto climate control? The AC button always starts lit, and I can hear it turn off if I press AC. I would think it wouldn't be necessary when only hot air is required to bring the cabin temp to what I've set, and it seems like a waste (although probably not much of one). I just kill it manually when I know only hot air is needed.

Anyone else see this?
Yes, have noticed the same thing. Iin the winter I manually turn off the AC, so I get to keep the HP

Old 02-11-2008, 11:03 PM
If your car turns on the a/c when you want to heat the cabin you've got a very luxury car setup
This is because A/C dries the air which is then heated to the requested temp. Therefore it prevents moisture and fogged windows. You should bless the designers of that climate system )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Auto Air Conditioner