G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08-217/)
-   -   6 Speed Guys Chime in - When clutch is not depressed, significant rattles (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/201411-6-speed-guys-chime-when-clutch-not-depressed-significant-rattles.html)

BrianV 02-07-2008 11:44 AM

6 Speed Guys Chime in - When clutch is not depressed, significant rattles

My car drives fine, it has 9k miles, but when I'm stopped and my foot isn't on the clutch the car rattles and sounds like it's falling apart. The moment I put my foot in the clutch it stops and sounds great.

It's definitely in the tranny area. I think it's maybe a loose throw-out bearing or bell housing or something. I'm going to take it to the dealer to get a bunch of other things addressed (window seal, intelligent keys, cruise control fix, etc.). I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I think I recall hearing this on my last G and Z as well but not as significant.

Like I said, it doesn't affect mechanical at all, it just sounds like something is loose; I'm not concerned about it other than it sounds like my beautiful car is falling apart to bystanders.

I can barely hear it when I'm in the car, but if the windows are down or the door is open (like in the garage or at a drive-thru) it's quite noticeable.

Thanks

fairwaywiz 02-07-2008 12:22 PM

its probably the tranny chatter that everyone gets... im assuming that is what you are hearing

Cerveza 02-07-2008 02:02 PM

I have the same thing. It only rattles when the clutch is out. If you push it in, it sounds like I would think it is supposed to sound, silent. If you take yours in, let us know what they say. It doesn't sound right at all, and I am glad (in a weird way) that I am not the only one that noticed it.

I don't think it would be tranny rattle, since it seems to only be related to the clutch. I could be wrong.

snowcrossmxz 02-07-2008 02:23 PM

I hear it too.
if you open ur door you can hear it even more, from out side the car.
i don't think its a clutch thing i think its our trans, it makes that noise because the parts are moving in the trans when the clutch is engaged.

^+1 lets us know if you take it in what the out come is.

truzaro23 02-07-2008 02:45 PM

newbie post

Hey guys i dont really post but love reading the posts. I have an 08 IP S 6mt and have heard this noise since the day i picked it up at Circle Infiniti in West Long Branch NJ. I initially thought this problem was due to the face that my car was driven to NJ from a dealership in Maryland (300+ miles by god knows who). I was not happy about that but when i saw the car i was in love so i let it go. Please let us know what the dealer says when you bring it in. I am very curious to see.

BrianV 02-07-2008 03:20 PM

Crap, I hate my dealer and was hoping to find some conclusive info here so I could tell them. I'll let you guys know if anything comes of it. I wouldn't be concerned as my last two 6SPD Nissan products did the same thing, but this car is newer than those and seems to do it worse.

I did receive a recall about the clutch. I didn't read the fine print very much but I assume it's not related?

StillenCoupe 02-07-2008 03:46 PM

i don't think anyone has mentioned it yet...

its most likely flywheel chatter. or called flywheel clatter. Its a noise that it makes when not engaged, by vibrating a lil bit...

An aftermarket lightweight flywheel will be much louder. Mine is so loud below 2k RPMS that i'm pissed off with lightweight flywheels, and wouldn't reccomend it to anyone.

Nasty_Nissan 02-07-2008 03:50 PM

Have an 06 6MT and have the same issues. Seems like when I when I'm pulling the clutch out to in order to accelerate, I hear the same noise as well for a split second. Any way to resolve this issue?

YlliW 02-07-2008 06:32 PM

I think we are stuck with it, I have an 06 Coupe with the same Prob.

kool_yaar 02-07-2008 06:52 PM

Hey BrianV, i had the same issue, just get the clutch recall done and i promise you that you will like the results, now i get no rattles and my car drives gr8! with the ecm flash(cold engine tsb).
good luck

John2.5RS 02-07-2008 10:15 PM

Anyone have a, "clunk-clunk-clunk-clunk" noise from the rear with a rear passenger? It sounds speed dependent, and only does it from a stop to about 30 MPH.

PhoenixINX 02-07-2008 11:06 PM

Throwout bearing... every manual I've ever had has done it.

BrianV 02-08-2008 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by kool_yaar
Hey BrianV, i had the same issue, just get the clutch recall done and i promise you that you will like the results, now i get no rattles and my car drives gr8! with the ecm flash(cold engine tsb).
good luck

Was that the ITB-045?

adamr001 02-08-2008 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by BrianV
Was that the ITB-045?

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/197896-voluntary-07-6mt-sedan-clutch-slave-cylinder-campaign.html

He's assuming that your car is in the affected VIN range. See the above thread.

BrianV 02-08-2008 02:32 PM

Yeah I'm getting that done. They may not have the parts though so it'll need to come back.

My post was asking about which ECM flash he got not about the recall. If you read he said he had the clutch recall and ECM flash done. I was assuming 045 was the flash he got.