G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Steering wheel audio control malfunction when changing radio only

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by t1328

1. Has anyone with an '07 taken theirs in, and if so, can you confirm whether or not the iPod capability was added since this should be a new unit?
2. Reading above, it seems that the old Nav map will still be in place - seems strange to downgrade their units to the previous year for this - but if anyone else can confirm this, that would be great.

T1328
it is very frustrating that no one here can verify the (1) nav software version (2) BT software version and (3) ipod interface after this...

no one can verify functionality/software codes before and after and then post??

Old 09-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by suprajjang
Alright just got the car back from the dealership. I had to change couple of the options back to the way I had it. Like previously stated, all my music was gone and my address book was deleted as well. You will get your original nav version. Mine was 07-08. I originally had XM but didnt pay extra for the NavTraffic but now I have both. My radio ID changed as well so I will have to call XM to update my information. All my presets work as well so if you have any other questions let me know!
Cant comment on the IPOD capability but im positive you will not get the connection if you have a 07 because all they will do is put a remanufactured unit to replace your defective unit but my car is going in again to get the same work done on monday so ill ask the service manager about the IPOD question for 07 owners

Old 09-10-2008, 07:47 PM
Cant comment on the IPOD capability but im positive you will not get the connection if you have a 07 because all they will do is put a remanufactured unit to replace your defective unit but my car is going in again to get the same work done on monday so ill ask the service manager about the IPOD question for 07 owners
thanks... and also i want to know about the BT capability... the 07 has problems with many phones, while newer nissan models don't (treo 800w, for example)

Old 09-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by oneformula
thanks... and also i want to know about the BT capability... the 07 has problems with many phones, while newer nissan models don't (treo 800w, for example)
My car is a 08 and so far I have tested the moto razr2, Iphone, and HTC touch and all worked great with the bluetooth. I could hear the other person well and they could hear my clearly as well. Im getting my HTC Diamond next week so ill report back with how that phone does.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:14 PM
My car is a 08 and so far I have tested the moto razr2, Iphone, and HTC touch and all worked great with the bluetooth. I could hear the other person well and they could hear my clearly as well. Im getting my HTC Diamond next week so ill report back with how that phone does.
my 2007 works great with 3 Nextels, 2 CDMA blackberrys, 1 RAZR, adn a few others... but will NOT work with the treo 800w (but does on nissan's 2008 models and some nissan 2007 models)

Old 09-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Since I reset my Radio Presets, the issue has not resurfaced. Is this the case with everyone else?

Old 09-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it has been over a month since i reset my stations. problem has not recurred. i wonder if the dealership just reset it too.

Last edited by st1sj; 09-15-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by st1sj
i wonder if the dealership just reset it too.
LOL

Old 09-22-2008, 01:55 AM
Hi Suprajjang:

I'll put money on it that if you have navi, the bluetooth won't work with the HTC Diamond. People on the other side won't hear you, and you will hear them very garbled. The only way to 'fix' this will be to switch to using handset, and then select the phone button, the sound will switch to ok, but still somewhat tinny. All of the HTC phones with stereo bluetooth capability do not work with any new Nissan products with navi. I've been trying out the HTC Tilt over the last week, and reading up on this issue... Good luck with that though, and if you do get it to work, please let us know because I'd love to get either the Diamond or the Touch Pro but won't do so unless the bluetooth works properly.

Cheers
T1328

Old 09-22-2008, 03:38 AM
Originally Posted by t1328
Hi Suprajjang:

I'll put money on it that if you have navi, the bluetooth won't work with the HTC Diamond. People on the other side won't hear you, and you will hear them very garbled. The only way to 'fix' this will be to switch to using handset, and then select the phone button, the sound will switch to ok, but still somewhat tinny. All of the HTC phones with stereo bluetooth capability do not work with any new Nissan products with navi. I've been trying out the HTC Tilt over the last week, and reading up on this issue... Good luck with that though, and if you do get it to work, please let us know because I'd love to get either the Diamond or the Touch Pro but won't do so unless the bluetooth works properly.

Cheers
T1328
I've had the same problem with my HTC 8525 and now my Tilt....no way around it but to go through the stupid steps to make it work. As for getting the Ipod connection in the 07's that's a negative and your getting the same out dated map that you had before.....

Old 09-30-2008, 02:25 PM
So I have had this issue on and off again since I bought my 07 sedan a year ago. Recently it's been getting much worse, to the point where it's affecting my A,B, and C presents. I just called my local dealer (Infiniti of Kirkland) and they were helpful in getting me an appointment set up with a replacement unit. She said there is no way that they can get an 08 head unit (with the iPod control capability) since the warranty only covers the exact same part. When I asked her if I could pay for the upgrade, she said it would cost $1100. I then had her transfer me to the parts department for more info. The guy in parts said it would cost a lot more than that, and he's not even sure that it would be an easy switch. That is, he was actually concerned about whether it would even work if I paid such an insane amount of money.

I'm really PO'd that Infiniti dropped the ball on this 07 design, with the lack of iPod control. Has anyone tried or heard of a successful upgrade from the 07 A/V unit to the 08? If so, does the iPod control work like it does in the 08? How much did it cost? Any "gotchas" with the upgrade?

Old 09-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by bigern79
I'm really PO'd that Infiniti dropped the ball on this 07 design, with the lack of iPod control. Has anyone tried or heard of a successful upgrade from the 07 A/V unit to the 08? If so, does the iPod control work like it does in the 08? How much did it cost? Any "gotchas" with the upgrade?
Sorry but I have to disagree with you.. 07 was the first year of it's new design.. They make upgrades with the newer model. Thats just the way it is.. When the 7 speed G37 sedan comes out, does it mean that they dropped the ball on the 08? I doubt it...

My car had this issue once, but it seems to have gone away ever since I reset my presets.. But I'm glad that Infiniti is willing to help and fix the issue.

Good luck with your Ipod search.. I have one in my car but I don't own an IPOD. LOL

Old 09-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by mrclowny
Sorry but I have to disagree with you.. 07 was the first year of it's new design.. They make upgrades with the newer model. Thats just the way it is.. When the 7 speed G37 sedan comes out, does it mean that they dropped the ball on the 08? I doubt it...
You make a good point - I guess what I really meant is that I'm PO'd that there's not an easy way to upgrade. I would gladly pay a reasonable amount for this functionality personally. 9 times out of 10, I'm listening to my iPod in the car rather than the radio or XM. Anyone want to trade their 08 for my 07?

Old 09-30-2008, 08:32 PM
I have my HTC phone but havnt tested it with my car yet. I have been waiting almost 3 weeks for my 2nd replacement to come in since the 1st replacement was a defect . Thats the reason why my radio would keep on cutting on and off but I did get a call saying that they finally got my 2nd replacement in so I will update on monday how it goes after the car goes in to the dealership.

Old 09-30-2008, 09:48 PM
I just turned in my car to Frontier Infiniti to have the radio problem confirmed, they are ordering me a new unit. It is backordered so it should be coming in a few weeks, just in time for me to get my 30,000 maintenance.

No ipod connectivity, or Canadian GPS unit (i heard they don't have the in motion lockout?). They said it would just be a refurbished unit, which according to them should be better since it has been "tuned"

I use my ipod about 90% of the time in my car. I ended up buying a Scosche bluetooth audio receiver to plug into the existing RCA ports, and i think it works pretty well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel audio control malfunction when changing radio only