G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

The Colors I want are so damn Rare!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by DrewskiLe
You never know til you check it out, but that's a ways for you to travel just to look at a car. I got mine at an independent dealer, no problems yet.

I understand wanting to get the most out of your money and not wanting any problems lol.

And my logic is, since it's a Florida car, people tend to shy away from dark interiors since it's so hot in the summers and it's not fun getting into an extremely hot car after sitting in the sun. That's why I got the willow interior on mine instead of black since I had the option of the two.
I Think the dark exterior makes a much bigger deference then interior. Just throw up a sunshade when your not garaged and call it a day. No offense, but I feel like the dark interior looks much more sporty and less old-man like.

You gonna have to pay top dollar if you go with carmax, but thats where I got my car from also.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Black is most wanted... I think they produced more of the OB colors than anything else..

If I recall it took me about 7 months to find my car. I was test driving the 07 coupes vs 07 sedans. Then a 07 OB Fully loaded 6mt popped up and I bought it the next day after posting.

Good luck and be patient.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an SS sport but auto with the Stone interior. I love it mainly because it is so rare. You only ever see SS in the non-sport trim. I have only ever seen one other on the road and only a few others online. I think SS with black is even MORE rare and with 6MT...holy crap. Probably 1 of 10 or 20 in the nation if even that many.

I did a lot of research on this color before I bought and there were only 2 other SS sports for sale in the country when I bought mine (used that is). Dealers hated them because they dont sell. Thus you should be able to drive a pretty good bargain. I was able to get an excellent deal on my CPO. (wanna buy mine? haha)

Old 12-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
and silver doesn't pop enough for me after a coat of wax to want me to get it lol
What??? Silver is the sheit for popping in sunlight after a good coat of wax. I've been searching since August and came up with this but had to settle for PG instead of Silver. Good luck, you will find it considering you're not ready to purchase until spring.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by _RR_
I Think the dark exterior makes a much bigger deference then interior. Just throw up a sunshade when your not garaged and call it a day. No offense, but I feel like the dark interior looks much more sporty and less old-man like.

You gonna have to pay top dollar if you go with carmax, but thats where I got my car from also.
I'll agree with you, the black interior does look more sporty, but I drew my experience from my friends cars who had black interiors. We'd have to turn on the car and wait for the car to cool down before we even got in. After purchasing my G, I found out it cools down quite quickly. The wheat color is still nice though, I'm just glad I don't have the wood dash lol.

And unfortunately, the general population that does purchase a new G is the "old-man" type or "daddy's little girl", which both aren't too inclined to prefer the black leather. I see too many old people driving 2nd gen sedans and girls driving coupes in my neck of the woods lol.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:35 PM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
I would say IP or PG, but not SS.

My neighbor has an SS sedan, and he's an older gent. To me, that color doesn't suit younger people at all
I am an old man, so I really don't care too much about what others think of the color lol I have seen a lot of nicely setup desert platinum Gs and I really think it is a classy color, especially at night.
Originally Posted by soundmike
Have you considered CarMax? There's one in Houston that would fit your criteria for the most part, except it has 46k miles. But yes, PG(blk interior)/Prem/6spd/Tech/Nav. I was looking at trading mine in (same, more miles, but 5AT) but decided to forgo it for a while. It was still listed as of last night.

p.s. Before i got the G, i had wheat or light gray interiors on all other prior vehicles. That was after i really despised having a black interior on my first ever car. However, on the G, having black interior actually isn't bad. The car cools down plenty fast -- and the car sits out in hot Texas sun all day at work.
Interior color doesn't bother me as sport models only came with black or stone and I am fine with either (my current 05 is stone)
Originally Posted by bmovie
We can't get an Ivory White with black interior her in Canada....That's what I wanted.
The only option we get is the sand interior....that's what I have.
Dirt shows up more on the sand than black.
Sports only come with stone or graphite, so i am set. Those super light interiors get really dirty quick and would probably drive me nuts.
Originally Posted by _RR_

Carmax seems expensive and like it is a Walmart for cars. We don't have any up here in MN, so i have never dealt with them.
Originally Posted by OMG35S
Black is most wanted... I think they produced more of the OB colors than anything else..

If I recall it took me about 7 months to find my car. I was test driving the 07 coupes vs 07 sedans. Then a 07 OB Fully loaded 6mt popped up and I bought it the next day after posting.

Good luck and be patient.
Yea, I dealt with OB on our 08 and the hell that it was to keep looking nice. That and everyone has OB which IMO is kinda boring. I am so over black cars. That and the front end of our 08 looked like it was sand blasted after only 25k.
Originally Posted by baksdak
I have an SS sport but auto with the Stone interior. I love it mainly because it is so rare. You only ever see SS in the non-sport trim. I have only ever seen one other on the road and only a few others online. I think SS with black is even MORE rare and with 6MT...holy crap. Probably 1 of 10 or 20 in the nation if even that many.

I did a lot of research on this color before I bought and there were only 2 other SS sports for sale in the country when I bought mine (used that is). Dealers hated them because they dont sell. Thus you should be able to drive a pretty good bargain. I was able to get an excellent deal on my CPO. (wanna buy mine? haha)
I have seen your car and that is precisely the reason I like the car. It just looks fantastic. And I agree, that car is VERY rare. I almost want to pick it up now, but I have to wait and be patient. Just keeping my options open. If an SS pops up in a couple months, I may be joining you with the second SS sport on the forum.

I am a sucker for white though, and really want one.
Originally Posted by gtbigup01
What??? Silver is the sheit for popping in sunlight after a good coat of wax. I've been searching since August and came up with this but had to settle for PG instead of Silver. Good luck, you will find it considering you're not ready to purchase until spring.
Bleh, my friend has an 04 BS G35 sedan and that car just pissed me off when iw as detailing it. Looked exactly the same coming in as it did with a 2 stage polish and sealent. Love the way silver looks, but I am a detail nerd, and I like looking at a car and being rewarded for all the effort I put into it lol
Originally Posted by DrewskiLe
I'll agree with you, the black interior does look more sporty, but I drew my experience from my friends cars who had black interiors. We'd have to turn on the car and wait for the car to cool down before we even got in. After purchasing my G, I found out it cools down quite quickly. The wheat color is still nice though, I'm just glad I don't have the wood dash lol.

And unfortunately, the general population that does purchase a new G is the "old-man" type or "daddy's little girl", which both aren't too inclined to prefer the black leather. I see too many old people driving 2nd gen sedans and girls driving coupes in my neck of the woods lol.
^Same general consensus up here in the north.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
I am an old man, so I really don't care too much about what others think of the color lol I have seen a lot of nicely setup desert platinum Gs and I really think it is a classy color, especially at night.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:58 PM
-MN G Crew-

haha it is true though. I enjoy a lot more leisurely things these days haha

Are you keeping your G35S as a DD now??

Old 12-01-2010, 04:23 PM
I have seen your car and that is precisely the reason I like the car. It just looks fantastic. And I agree, that car is VERY rare. I almost want to pick it up now, but I have to wait and be patient. Just keeping my options open. If an SS pops up in a couple months, I may be joining you with the second SS sport on the forum.

I am a sucker for white though, and really want one.
Thanks! Let me know if you have any specific questions regarding the color. I know when I bought mine, since there were not really any on this forum I just had to wait to answer my own questions (like color change in certain lights/angles, detailing questions, amount of metallic, blah blah blah).

I am also a sucker for white. My first car was white and I have loved it ever since. A white/black G35 is one of my favorite combos because it is also somewhat rare as well.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
I said "older," not "old." I'm old too btw

Old 12-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
haha it is true though. I enjoy a lot more leisurely things these days haha

Are you keeping your G35S as a DD now??
Yes
I just couldn't pull the plug on it.
I'm ditching the truck instead.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:33 PM
-MN G Crew-

Originally Posted by baksdak
Thanks! Let me know if you have any specific questions regarding the color. I know when I bought mine, since there were not really any on this forum I just had to wait to answer my own questions (like color change in certain lights/angles, detailing questions, amount of metallic, blah blah blah).

I am also a sucker for white. My first car was white and I have loved it ever since. A white/black G35 is one of my favorite combos because it is also somewhat rare as well.
Excellent! Get up some more pics man. Did you ever get rid of the 09 18s? I actually kind of liked the way those wheels looked with your car.
Originally Posted by E-Ticket Ride
I said "older," not "old." I'm old too btw
Haha it is all good man. I guess I just like being different.
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
Yes
I just couldn't pull the plug on it.
I'm ditching the truck instead.
I don't think I could pull the plug on your car either. The interior is just beautiful.

Good to see you keeping the G though! Gotta make up for Shane losing his! I am hoping to see Shane pick up another Infiniti and give the Ford to his wife or something. Sucks to see him leaving the family!

As unlikely as that is though, it could happen!

Old 12-01-2010, 07:37 PM
It doesn't really surprise me you are having a hard time finding IP/SS but I sorta figured there would be a couple more PG's around. Weird :/

Old 12-02-2010, 12:00 AM
I just bought a 2008 Pearl white G35 Sport sedan, automatic with navigation with 25K miles. I had been looking at M45 sports and G35 Sports for almost a year. I recommend Carmax and Traderonline. Both have very good search engines. You have to be patient to get that special deal. I love the car !!!

Old 12-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Excellent! Get up some more pics man. Did you ever get rid of the 09 18s? I actually kind of liked the way those wheels looked with your car.
Nope, still have them. I like them now. I have noticed there are not too many 09+ sports rolling around here with them on. Plus, I think they look bigger than the 07-08 sedan sport wheels.

See link below for all my pics. If you have a specific request, let me know. I am cleaning her up this weekend.

http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/l...aksdak/SS%20G/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The Colors I want are so damn Rare!