G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08-217/)
-   -   Who's Had Their Steering Wheel Replaced Due To Trim Peeling/Chipping? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/369203-whos-had-their-steering-wheel-replaced-due-trim-peeling-chipping.html)

PJStyles 03-04-2011 02:44 PM

Who's Had Their Steering Wheel Replaced Due To Trim Peeling/Chipping?

I'm currently preparing a detailed letter along with several pictures of my steering wheel to send to Infiniti Canada - Customer Relations Department Head, in the hopes that they will address what is obviously an ongoing problem with the trim finish chipping/peeling.

I replaced the door pull handles myself with the new 2009 parts, but the steering wheel, given its a much greater cost ~$600, I'm adamant about trying to get Infiniti to cover this cost.

I was hoping that those who have had their steering wheel replaced by their dealership at no cost, could scan/email or fax me a copy of their invoice indicating the replacement. I will then attach these various invoices to my letter along with my pictures to Infiniti Canada.

If you prefer keep your information confidential, feel free to black out your name, address etc, but keep the remaining part of the invoice intact.

I'm hoping I can get a half dozen or a dozen or so people. You can contact me directly at pjstyles@live.ca

Any takers?

Thanks... really appreciate it!

PJStyles - Marco

gtbigup01 03-04-2011 03:11 PM

Why are you going through all that? Did the dealer deny the replacement in the past? I got my armrest replaced free in January, but the steering wheel wasnt as bad then. Now it's getting worse and on my next oil change I will have them look at it, and order the parts. I've only had my car for 5 months and it has 39K miles on it.

There are a few here that got their wheels replaced.

Austin713 03-04-2011 04:05 PM

ya not sure why you are going through all that. i got mine replaced no problems.

samsizzle 03-04-2011 04:10 PM

cause he is in canada and they have been giving their customers the run around :banghead:

drq2q 03-04-2011 05:01 PM

I got an 07 with a little bit of factory warranty left about 6 months ago. When I asked about this issue they wanted to repaint my steering wheel so... all I did was mention that I saw on on-line forums that several people had them replaced under warranty and that if they would like, I could contact Infiniti directly. They replaced it right away. Have you tried that?

soundmike 03-04-2011 05:05 PM

op, have you tried another dealership?

One thing i learned in the process of getting mine replaced was that, at least in the US, the warranty claim is at the mercy of the service advisor, being the eyes and ears of Nissan Corporate. If they don't think it's a warrantable item, that's what Nissan Corporate will abide with.

That said, after a few tries i finally got a good dealership rep who replaced it without hassle.

scorpkev 03-04-2011 05:29 PM

I can feel the OP...Infiniti dealers in Los Angeles area would not replace my door handles.

Called Infiniti USA, they said they stand behind the dealers of their decision...screw u!

Anyway, it is a hit and miss thing, some folks here was able to replace every door handles and steering wheel, while myself could not get ONE item replaced under waryanty.

baileyt35 03-04-2011 07:54 PM

I would be so pissed if I had to look at that nasty wheel and door handles for the life of owning the car. And I'd be darned if I paid for replacing it out of my pocket.

samsizzle 03-04-2011 08:13 PM

well infiniti of canada isnt addressing the issue so he is trying to bring this real problem to their attention, 'going to another dealership' isnt working I presume from the amount of canadian G owners complaining...

Rwecked 03-04-2011 09:27 PM

Alta Infiniti replaced my steering wheel no problem. However I did get turned down on the door handles inserts. Replaced them myself with parts from a US dealership.

jcrayamsterdam 03-04-2011 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by PJStyles (Post 5719025)
I'm currently preparing a detailed letter along with several pictures of my steering wheel to send to Infiniti Canada - Customer Relations Department Head, in the hopes that they will address what is obviously an ongoing problem with the trim finish chipping/peeling.

I replaced the door pull handles myself with the new 2009 parts, but the steering wheel, given its a much greater cost ~$600, I'm adamant about trying to get Infiniti to cover this cost.

I was hoping that those who have had their steering wheel replaced by their dealership at no cost, could scan/email or fax me a copy of their invoice indicating the replacement. I will then attach these various invoices to my letter along with my pictures to Infiniti Canada.

If you prefer keep your information confidential, feel free to black out your name, address etc, but keep the remaining part of the invoice intact.

I'm hoping I can get a half dozen or a dozen or so people. You can contact me directly at pjstyles@live.ca

Any takers?

Thanks... really appreciate it!

PJStyles - Marco

PJ, you're the man. You're bringing up everything I've been working on as well.

I contacted Infiniti Canada as well about this and the screen dying. I sent it to the Canadian president. Customer service contacted me and had the dealer take care of it. My steering wheel arrived (was on back order) and it's being installed next Friday.

I'm still at work delivering an important project, didn't read your entire post. I'll check back later and give you some more info.

J

djfarhan 03-05-2011 03:44 AM

they replaced the trim not the whole wheel

PJStyles 03-05-2011 09:38 AM

If you can provide me with all the details, perhaps I can include a copy of any invoices you have for the work that was done indicating the steering wheel was replaced.

I have to get this resolved just out of principal. It's absolutely ridiculous the amount of work I've had to go through just to try and get Infiniti to stand behind their vehicles.

You can reach me directly at pjstyles@live.ca Looking forward to hearing from you.

Also, if there are any others who've had it replaced here in the GTA area, could you email/scan a copy of your invoice? Alternatively, I can get you to fax me a copy... PLEASE!!!

Big Thanks!

Marco

Originally Posted by jcrayamsterdam (Post 5719929)
PJ, you're the man. You're bringing up everything I've been working on as well.

I contacted Infiniti Canada as well about this and the screen dying. I sent it to the Canadian president. Customer service contacted me and had the dealer take care of it. My steering wheel arrived (was on back order) and it's being installed next Friday.

I'm still at work delivering an important project, didn't read your entire post. I'll check back later and give you some more info.

J

jcrayamsterdam 03-05-2011 09:43 AM

Will do Marco. I'm heading in on Friday and when I have the work order with the completed work I'll get it redacted, scanned and over to you.

I totally hear you on the principal of it all. It's more that than anything.

J

jdg5005 03-10-2011 04:27 PM

Steering Wheel

So im about to buy my 07 G and i noticed the steering wheel peeling. Good thing i checked on here first. Before handing over the check I asked them to take a look and have it replaced. They told me it was under warranty and are happy to replace it with a new one.

Thanks guys for the heads up.