G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Car is donezo...off on a tow truck to the dealers...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
Anything positive yet??

Old 04-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Anything positive yet??
Nope..nothing even close...i feel like running this loaner car of theirs off a cliff

Old 04-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Called Consumer Affairs again because my middle man called ect

I am calling someone higher up tomorrow if the dealership calls back again saying they still have no idea...suppose to call tonight. Consumer Affairs said that i can talk to people higher up and it needs to be done..a ****ing month and they still don't know what it is..a month. Consumer affairs has done nothing after asking them when will it be fixed and when can i get a new engine ect.

This whole experience has turned me completely off to Infiniti. I still like their cars ect..but it only takes one horrible experience like this to never buy from a company again..and this is it.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man after reading this thread I feel very sorry for you. Hopefully they will give you a new engine for all this they are putting you through.

Nissan has screwed me in the past so I feel your pain.

When I had problems with Honda I found being nice and working with them got me a lot. I got them to give me a free extended warranty (which I never needed, best kind of warranty there is unused)

Old 04-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by princealyy
Man after reading this thread I feel very sorry for you. Hopefully they will give you a new engine for all this they are putting you through.

Nissan has screwed me in the past so I feel your pain.

When I had problems with Honda I found being nice and working with them got me a lot. I got them to give me a free extended warranty (which I never needed, best kind of warranty there is unused)
The way their stance is...i will never see a new engine..they will just keep replacing parts they "think" it is. Even if it's 6 more weeks..they don't give a **** and are taking their sweet *** time

Old 04-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by CALex
And if I read correctly not even from an Infiniti dealer. You should feel lucky they are doing what they are and not voiding the whole claim on you.

What does that have to do with anything? I am lucky they are fixing it because i am under warranty and bought it second hand?

Old 04-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by CALex
Their obligation only goes as far as workmanship. It is your obligation to provide maintain records. You are a second hand owner and therefore the burden of proof falls on you. Of course you cannot..
This isn't a question about maintenance records. They have told me that whatever the problem is, it covered. It's sad when a dealership takes 4 weeks to find a knocking noise that my local mechanic could have found the first week. They have lied to me 3 times now. They have even stated to me that they replaced the camshaft on a complete guess.

I could find 20 reasons to void a claim on every vehicle I touch
Typical tech at a dealership...

Last edited by Anton_Chigurh; 04-07-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
It doesnt matter where you bought the car from or if its 2nd hand, Infiniti/nissan corp is a multinational company which offers a warranty on the product they offer to help build a better brand name, which is why every car company is highlighting their warranty when the pitch sale ads. And if the tech denies the claim only because he feels like it, then you have options of contacting the headquarters and BBB and such if needed, believe me if its a warrantable repair then infiniti will fix it, the technician's ego might help delay things but it will get done if youre in the right and know how to utilize your resources, i have been in a few situations where i was in the right asking for a repair on an electronic item, local store denied it citing improper install, i called corp they denied it, i went through BBB and got it done since i had the proof that the install was done professionally and a letter citing it was installed properly. If they try to deny it, its on them to state why and prove their case, like if a cars fuel pump dies and u have exhaust and they dont feel like honoring your warranty and say the pump died because of the exhaust, then its up to hem to prove it and if you can counter their argument with expert inputs from a certified recognizable local mechanic and present to BBB or corps rep, then they will have to honor it.

Anyways dont be disheartened, hope your claims goes through quicker just hang in there.

G/L and keep us posted.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:25 PM
I can't stand dealerships. Always ripping people off weather it be for service or negotiating...

Old 04-07-2011, 11:20 PM
Received 71 Likes on 68 Posts
After i read all 12 pages I feel bad for u bro.. Blow the damn place up.. ok just kidding.. but if they keep giving u the run around and u have all your documents in a row (even phone calls that u had made). I would then contact a lawyer and see if they will take your case. A month without a car and they had not told u that they are going to fix the problem or resolve it.. then SUE their AZZ

Old 04-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by broke_as_ajoke
After i read all 12 pages I feel bad for u bro.. Blow the damn place up.. ok just kidding.. but if they keep giving u the run around and u have all your documents in a row (even phone calls that u had made). I would then contact a lawyer and see if they will take your case. A month without a car and they had not told u that they are going to fix the problem or resolve it.. then SUE their AZZ
There's nothing i can sue for. I would lose more money on a lawyer then getting anything out of it..

In 2 weeks if i don't have it i will be in jail for arson...lol

Old 04-08-2011, 12:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
The way their stance is...i will never see a new engine..they will just keep replacing parts they "think" it is. Even if it's 6 more weeks..they don't give a **** and are taking their sweet *** time
We had an altima that went bad and the dealer gave me a bug run around and I spend 800 dollars before they told me I needed a new engine I traded the car only to find out a few months after losing 5000 on it that they started replacing engines

A shame I am never getting another Nissan product if something like what happened to you happens to me...

They did men wrong once ... Not again lol.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Received 184 Likes on 159 Posts
Give them another week if it doesnt work out then contact BBB, believe me it will encourage them to contact you rather than the other way around and its free, they are forced to contact you within 10 business days i believe and solve the issue else they loose rating points, if they realize that you are right then they will try to resolve the issue asap else you can go the lawyer route, their are many out there that offer the "if u win then pay" service to compete.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Today was the first day they put a stethoscope to the engine. Noise is coming from the bottom of the engine. They said that when they started it up this morning..isn't wasn't as loud as when they first got the car..but still there. So if it's bottom end..what do you guys think it is? This is my youtube clip again of the noise. Spun bearing? But if it was spun there would be metal all in the oil when they drained it correct?

Old 04-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
not necessarily, sucks they havent dropped the engine out and and torn it apart already which should take them a day, probably dont wanna do all the extra work since it wont pay much and they being lazy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is donezo...off on a tow truck to the dealers...