G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08-217/)
-   -   Beeping When I Close the Driver's Door? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/393429-beeping-when-i-close-drivers-door.html)

tsmehl 11-08-2011 10:22 PM

Beeping When I Close the Driver's Door?

Hey guys. So I recently got mt car back and I've had this ongoing problem. Most of the settings on the car were reset. It's a 2007 G35 sedan, no nav.

Here's the problem: every time I close the driver's side door, a rapid beeping begins for maybe 5-10 seconds, every time, whether or not the keys are in the car or not. I tried closing the door when I was inside, and noticed something strange. When I closed the door, the beeping began and all of the doors unlocked.

TL;DR When I close the door, the car beeps rapidly and all of the other doors unlock.

Any ideas? Thanks guys.

vqsmile 11-08-2011 10:51 PM

Sounds like there's a key (or it thinks there's a key) in the car.

Comatose 11-09-2011 03:06 AM

Weird, lately my car has been doing the same as i close the trunk. It pops back open and then beeps... Which is again similar to thinking theres a key inside. Is it cold where you are by any chance?

vqsmile 11-09-2011 09:05 AM

I thought there was a thread here recently about these same symptoms. I can't remember exactly whether it was some control module that was bad or not. It was recent though, so try searching for it.

funkizm 11-09-2011 12:53 PM

Are the lights on? That would keep the beeping.

Sprockethead 11-09-2011 04:20 PM

Are you trying to lock the car while the door is still open?

OR

Are you opening the door a split second before the engine is off?

Sometimes I get ahead of myself and do one or the other. Apparently, I get out of my car really, really fast.

If you're doing either one of those, even by just a split second, the beeping will start up.

tsmehl 11-11-2011 08:02 PM

Ok guys, update. Had a really busy week so wasn't able to respond. I searched everywhere in the car and ended up finding a key. So, took that out, and now when I get out of the car and shut the door, no more problems, its totally normal. BUT, listen to this:

Now, when I get in the car (totally normally, sit down, car is off, etc.) and shut the driver's door, the same thing happens: all of the doors unlock and the beeping goes off; its the same sound you get when you close the door with your keys in the car.

Now, when I get in the car and shut the door, I have a key with me (obviously). I think my car thinks that the key I use is a key getting closed in the car, even though I am in the car. Any ideas?

bkd 11-11-2011 10:10 PM

When you get in, is the fob in your pocket? Could you be accidentally pushing the lock button on the fob in your pocket when you sit down and it thinks you are locking your keys in?

tsmehl 11-13-2011 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by bkd (Post 6208959)
When you get in, is the fob in your pocket? Could you be accidentally pushing the lock button on the fob in your pocket when you sit down and it thinks you are locking your keys in?

Always do have my key in my pocket. I tried that today to see if it was locking when I sat down, unfortunately it wasn't. I sat down in the Driver's seat, put the keys on the passenger seat, closed the door, and the same thing happened. I also tried unlocking, sitting down, and putting the keys outside on the driveway right by the door. When I closed the door, the sound didn't happen, I'm guessing because the keys were outside of the car.

Again, here's whats happening: ONLY when I'm sitting in the car and I close the driver's side door, the car starts this rapid beeping and all of the car doors unlock; its the same thing that happens when you try to lock your keys in the car. It only happens when I am in the car and I close the door (I have the keys with me). It has never done this before. I guess it thinks the keys are getting locked in when I get in with them? And that in and of itself is weird, given that I could leave my keys on the seat and close the door if I parked in the garage and went inside. As long as I didn't try to lock it, none of this happened.

Any ideas? I'm dying here haha

Thunder55 02-16-2014 12:48 AM

I just got my car back from the shop too and the annoying beep happens every time. I was just wondering if anyone ever found a solution. Having the same exact issues that you're having

infinitidude 02-16-2014 11:25 PM

It is possible that it is not sensing that the car is all the way in park. You may have to raise the vehicle and adjust the shift linkage at transmission. I have had to do this on several occasions with 07-up G models.

Thunder55 02-19-2014 03:19 PM

Thanks. I have an 05 sedan 5AT. I had my driver door completely replaced. All the functions are working properly. Except the beeping issue. If I have a passenger and their door is closed after mine it's not making the noise, so I think it's definitely something with my driver door. Again it's only making the noise when I close the door. And it unlocks the other doors at the same time. I saw someone have the beeping horn unplugged(not the actual car horn that makes noise when you lock it with your fob) and I was thinking about doing that but I'd still have all the other doors unlock, which I'd be ok with as long as the beeping stopped. The one they showed was an 07 though. Thanks again for the help

ranhood 06-23-2015 12:41 PM

Thunder55... hey there!! Did you ever figure this out?? I got same issue. I get in my car with FOB, close the door and beepbeepbeep warning. I just got mine out of body shop and replaced driver's side doors and rear fender. Acting weird, not starting sometimes. Sporadic. Let me know if you would please??!! Tks so much!

Originally Posted by Thunder55 (Post 6874422)
Thanks. I have an 05 sedan 5AT. I had my driver door completely replaced. All the functions are working properly. Except the beeping issue. If I have a passenger and their door is closed after mine it's not making the noise, so I think it's definitely something with my driver door. Again it's only making the noise when I close the door. And it unlocks the other doors at the same time. I saw someone have the beeping horn unplugged(not the actual car horn that makes noise when you lock it with your fob) and I was thinking about doing that but I'd still have all the other doors unlock, which I'd be ok with as long as the beeping stopped. The one they showed was an 07 though. Thanks again for the help

lNFlNlTl 05-27-2019 06:09 AM

Any solution?

hate to bring this vack from the dead but i recently purchased a 07 coupe and experiencing this issue, aby fix?

lightmeupper 06-04-2019 12:19 AM

First of all, check battery in the FOB.
Secondly, reprogram it if you have any new front doors, new PCM or new BCM.
Starting 2007, it needs to be programmed by dealer, automotive locksmith (using skp1000). Dorman Part Number: #99159 can also be used.