G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

I officially my G35. It almost killed my girlfriend.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 03:27 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I officially HATE my G35. It almost killed my girlfriend.

So I've posted a thread regarding a problem with my door a few week ago.
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...nside-out.html

I regret completely not listening to some of my friends informing me about cheap nissan parts and I'm not talking about the improperly placed plastic trims on my dash but..... this is out of hand.
So my girlfriend is driving my car right at this very moment while crying to me on the phone (I'm in brooklyn while she's in Buffalo on the highway) that the DRIVER door had just opened randomly a dozen of times and said she almost crashed the car trying to hold onto the door while braking with the snow around. It properly closes and then it opens when she drives because I assume nothing is latching the door to the body. And repeats and shes on the highway scared as **** right now. The dash doesnt show a warning light with door open when it closes but then a few seconds later after driving the door will just swing freely and the warning light comes on. I'm here thinking what if she didn't have her seat belt on and she fell out. Her little baby sister is in the backseat and shes on the highway pulled over.
Dealership mentioned last week I CAN"T have this covered on warranty at all? this is fking hazardous.... this is ridiculous. I've heard nissan have certain unreliable parts but BOTH malfunctioning doors.. One that doesnt wanna open and one that opens randomly.. regardless if its the winter cold with the snow and freezing the mechanism or whatnot this is b/s
I've heard from the dealer mentioning different cases of the door latch freezing and not opening but where do I go from here guys. Please throw some light on this situation. I wanna file for a lawsuit forreal. I aint paying anything to fix this bullsh* when someone half *** the production of the car doors and almost killing my possible future wife.
Now she's driving her sister home on the highway with one hand on the door and one hand on the wheel and not to mention its snowing.

Edit: 20 min later. She drops her little sister home and is on her way back to my apartment claiming the door seems to be properly shut and not swinging open......
If anyone is wondering if anything was in the way of the door there wasnt anything there. She check multiple times and closed the door and the door still swung open.
Any one have any ideas of what exactly happened to the door?

Last edited by Feeelax; 12-24-2012 at 06:45 AM. Reason: typo w/ title
Old 12-24-2012, 03:34 AM
Received 172 Likes on 135 Posts
NEVER in my life have I heard of any door on any make or model just randomly opening.

The following users liked this post:
That G Gray (12-24-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 03:39 AM
Originally Posted by Th3R3dStar323
NEVER in my life have I heard of any door on any make or model just randomly opening.
well thats because you havent lived long enough.
and what are you implying? she opened it purposely?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...1145433AAcWwd8

^ The relevancy of that may or may not correspond to my car but i need some proper insight, not an ignorant response or what one *has or has not heard in their life*

Last edited by Feeelax; 12-24-2012 at 03:49 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:52 AM
You first implied about Nissan parts being shitty.

I have never seen a Nissan door open by itself. Never heard of one doing so either.

Have you looked into replacing the door latch? lol

Old 12-24-2012, 04:01 AM
You first implied about Nissan parts being shitty.

I have never seen a Nissan door open by itself. Never heard of one doing so either.

Have you looked into replacing the door latch? lol
Yeah I've read your previous post you don't have to repost the same b/s regarding what you've seen b/c I really don't care.

Am I wrong they have shitty parts?

Am I asking the forum if anyone has seen or heard of a door opening by itself?
I'm simply asking for an approach.

I've looked and asked for quotes regarding the *Passenger* door not the *driver* door b/c that wasn't the issue until just an hour ago.

and yeah *lol* someone could've died *lol*

Old 12-24-2012, 04:11 AM
Originally Posted by Feeelax
Yeah I've read your previous post you don't have to repost the same b/s regarding what you've seen b/c I really don't care.

Am I wrong they have shitty parts?

Am I asking the forum if anyone has seen or heard of a door opening by itself?
I'm simply asking for an approach.

I've looked and asked for quotes regarding the *Passenger* door not the *driver* door b/c that wasn't the issue until just an hour ago.

and yeah *lol* someone could've died *lol*
Slow your roll bud, it is ok to be upset, no need to act like a wannabe hard *** over the interwebs.

If you would have read the last line in my last post you would realize were the problem to your door opening magically.

Replace your door latch and report back here bic boi.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:13 AM
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts
Both of you need to cool it...

Theredstar (maybe he was a little insensitive, yes) did make a good point though. Did you check the door latch? And I do believe that it would not be covered under warranty, since it would fall under the "basic" (4 yr) category.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:20 AM
Slow your roll bud, it is ok to be upset, no need to act like a wannabe hard *** over the interwebs.

If you would have read the last line in my last post you would realize were the problem to your door opening magically.

Replace your door latch and report back here bic boi.
hmm *lol* thats funny. If your really that closed minded and so quickly able to jump to conclusion and judge people thru a few post on the *interweb* that they're a wannabe hard ***. I feel bad for you.
No point in defending whether i was trying to be a *wannabe* hard *** b/c I guess you just wanna quickly hop on that before I say that to you.
May you kindly explain Mr. Gentleman where I came off as an wannabe hard ***. I'm just upset.

I came on the forum hoping to get some answers and I'll gladly apologize to you if I've offended you with my comment regarding *shitty* nissan parts.
I don't think you understood the situation here.. She called me crying and had a possibility of swerving off the road with the door swinging open. Use your imagination if you have any to what possible outcomes could've followed before you post a smartass ignorant reply to someone who was concerned with a loved one.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:23 AM
Originally Posted by dominate
Both of you need to cool it...

Theredstar (maybe he was a little insensitive, yes) did make a good point though. Did you check the door latch? And I do believe that it would not be covered under warranty, since it would fall under the "basic" (4 yr) category.
Passenger door is stuck shut it doesnt open.
The driver door seemed perfectly fine just last week when I checked it out. I applied wd-40 on all the 3 door that did open 2 weeks ago. I can't give you any info regarding the latch at the moment b/c the cars not with me.

I'll give a call to the guys at the dealer and update here
Edit: Whatever I posted up there in the OG post was out of a spur while being on the phone, more of a rant with the things that was going through my head. I apologize to the folks who had to read all the unnecessarily comments i've posted.

Last edited by Feeelax; 12-24-2012 at 04:40 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:34 AM
hmm *lol* thats funny. If your really that closed minded and so quickly able to jump to conclusion and judge people thru a few post on the *interweb* that they're a wannabe hard ***. I feel bad for you.
No point in defending whether i was trying to be a *wannabe* hard *** b/c I guess you just wanna quickly hop on that before I say that to you.
May you kindly explain Mr. Gentleman where I came off as an wannabe hard ***. I'm just upset.

I came on the forum hoping to get some answers and I'll gladly apologize to you if I've offended you with my comment regarding *shitty* nissan parts.
I don't think you understood the situation here.. She called me crying and had a possibility of swerving off the road with the door swinging open. Use your imagination if you have any to what possible outcomes could've followed before you post a smartass ignorant reply to someone who was concerned with a loved one.
Lol dude if you think the door opening up a little while on the highway makes you swerve off the road then I feel sorry for you.

You do understand if you are on the highway the wind will not let it continue to open very far.

At most this occurance to me would be a pain in the *** and not a moment to freak the hell out. Now if she was freaking out that is ok for her as women are emotional about **** that is not a big deal. The fact that you are freaking the hell out about it and getting all pissed off about me saying "lol" makes you come off in the wrong way. Why did you feel the need to post about me saying "lol"?

A few things to look at to figure out why it is openeing. Check the door latch. Check the fitment of when the door actually closes. Make sure that the trim or something simple is not somehow hindering your door to be closed all the way which may not let the latch engage all the way. Also tell your girl to make sure she firmly closes the door.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:56 AM
Lol dude if you think the door opening up a little while on the highway makes you swerve off the road then I feel sorry for you.

You do understand if you are on the highway the wind will not let it continue to open very far.

At most this occurance to me would be a pain in the *** and not a moment to freak the hell out. Now if she was freaking out that is ok for her as women are emotional about **** that is not a big deal. The fact that you are freaking the hell out about it and getting all pissed off about me saying "lol" makes you come off in the wrong way. Why did you feel the need to post about me saying "lol"?

A few things to look at to figure out why it is openeing. Check the door latch. Check the fitment of when the door actually closes. Make sure that the trim or something simple is not somehow hindering your door to be closed all the way which may not let the latch engage all the way. Also tell your girl to make sure she firmly closes the door.
May I inform you that the door opens when she brakes you dumbfk

I wanna emphasize on the *lol* b/c its interesting to me how you find this situation funny. I don't believe I'm over-reacting b/c my back tires are shot and the car swerves a bit at times. The fact that SHE'S driving, even a LITTLE problem like a door suddenly swinging open makes me worry. Did I mention its snowing?
Id like to apologize to you that my girlfriend and I are oblivious to procedures for an open door whiling driving on a highway of snow. my fault
Like i said I'm upset. I'd like to think you'd freak out maybe a tad bit too if your wife calls you saying she almost crashed your car and when you ask why she explains your door flew the fk open (that is what she claimed at the time). I did say didn't I, I wrote the thread as I was on the phone. Hearing news of possible death plus crashing your hard earned car all at once, I'd like to believe you'd flip a b&tch too.

Last edited by Feeelax; 12-24-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:02 AM
From the sound of all these issues maybe you and her shouldn't be driving that thing at all lol

Old 12-24-2012, 05:10 AM
From the sound of all these issues maybe you and her shouldn't be driving that thing at all lol
Lol I'm not driving that thing at least not until it's fixed. I have other family cars to drive. Cars that you've only dream of driving.

NOW I've only made that comment b/c now you're just talking down to me

Last edited by Feeelax; 12-24-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:21 AM
Lol I'm not driving that thing at least not until it's fixed. I have other family cars to drive. Cars that you've only dream of driving.

I've only made that comment b/c now you're just talking down to me

Old 12-24-2012, 05:23 AM
https://g35driver.com/forums/lounge-...-family-2.html

mhmm i'd troll all day

Edit: I think I've wasted more than enough time with you. I'd like to ask other forum members whether should complain to the dealers regarding this matter so maybe they'll run a routine to check for faulty latches. Thanks

I'd advice people to check their door or lube up their door latches for the Winter.

Last edited by Feeelax; 12-24-2012 at 05:39 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I officially my G35. It almost killed my girlfriend.