G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08-217/)
-   -   Factory stereo upgrade? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/427922-factory-stereo-upgrade.html)

nbhms 05-27-2013 11:11 PM

Factory stereo upgrade?

I just test drove a 2013 Pathfinder, and noticed the ipod interface screen and controls is basically identical to the one in my 2008 G35x. However, they were much more responsive, and holding the "down" button did large jumps through my song list - i.e. it was actually usable. In large lists my 2008 G35 iPod interface is so slow it's basically unusable.

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a software update that could be applied to our factory stereos to make the behave more like current gen? I realize some of the responsiveness is probably due to newer hardware, but some things like holding the button down to make it jump pages at a time instead of continuing to plod one item at a time would be a huge help.

Sweet Lew 05-29-2013 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by nbhms (Post 6758526)
I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a software update that could be applied to our factory stereos to make the behave more like current gen? I realize some of the responsiveness is probably due to newer hardware, but some things like holding the button down to make it jump pages at a time instead of continuing to plod one item at a time would be a huge help.

Agreed. It sucks. In for an answer too.

vqsmile 05-29-2013 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by nbhms (Post 6758526)
I just test drove a 2013 Pathfinder, and noticed the ipod interface screen and controls is basically identical to the one in my 2008 G35x. However, they were much more responsive, and holding the "down" button did large jumps through my song list - i.e. it was actually usable. In large lists my 2008 G35 iPod interface is so slow it's basically unusable.

You could try asking a dealership about any possible updates, but I seriously doubt they ever made one for the kind of imporvements you're looking for.

SergeantRed 05-29-2013 01:38 PM

I just called the Infiniti Dealership in St Louis and he said you would have to bring it in so they can determine which version software you had and to determine if there was an update available. He wasn't able to specify what any update would/would not do to the system without knowing if there was one available.

stockae92 05-29-2013 05:56 PM

I would imagine the software is somewhat brand and model specific, but would be cool if they can do the update.

SergeantRed 05-29-2013 06:29 PM

They can IF there is one in the first place. Not sure if it will cost you but if it's under warranty it might be covered...