G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Post drop alignment???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 03:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok....so here is another question for you gents

I am looking at these kits, I am confused on what I need exactly?....does the "rear" kit cover both sides/wheels?...or is it one kit per wheel?.....also does this kit cover both camber and toe?..or do I need to buy separate parts/kits for each adjustment?

Old 09-19-2013, 05:50 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Here's what you need to be specific:
1 Front camber kit, this will address both sides
1 Rear camber kit, this will also address both sides
1 Toe Bolt kit, this will also address both sides.

If these are out of your budget then either keep your car stock or you bought the wrong car. The G's are not cheap to mod with quality parts. For example there are a million front camber kits out there but only 2 that actually give significant positive camber adjustment, the SPC and SPL, and neither are cheap. With this car you've gotta pay to play so be prepared for that. It will also save you hundreds, if not thousands, of $$ if you can do the labor yourself.

The following users liked this post:
gary c (09-19-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 08:22 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
I got mine (SPC) at THMotorsports and they sold the whole package (all the parts listed in Blue Dreams' post) for about $500 w/ free shipping, that was a couple years ago but I think they're still selling the pkg. for a similar price. They're a vendor on the site so might shoot them a PM.

JDWUSMC (09-26-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by JDWUSMC
ok....so here is another question for you gents

I am looking at these kits, I am confused on what I need exactly?....does the "rear" kit cover both sides/wheels?...or is it one kit per wheel?.....also does this kit cover both camber and toe?..or do I need to buy separate parts/kits for each adjustment?
i got an SPC kit for the rear off ebay. like $170. came with the camber and toe. didnt do the fronts. came pretty close to within specs after alignment. tech said he could have pulled down on the car just a bit and everything would green up on the computer. this is with eibach springs and koni sport shocks. coupled with the g37 coupe 19's, the car looks so much better. doesn't take the bumps nearly as well though.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Here's what you need to be specific:
1 Front camber kit, this will address both sides
1 Rear camber kit, this will also address both sides
1 Toe Bolt kit, this will also address both sides.

If these are out of your budget then either keep your car stock or you bought the wrong car. The G's are not cheap to mod with quality parts. For example there are a million front camber kits out there but only 2 that actually give significant positive camber adjustment, the SPC and SPL, and neither are cheap. With this car you've gotta pay to play so be prepared for that. It will also save you hundreds, if not thousands, of $$ if you can do the labor yourself.

ok so one kit is like $300 but I only need the one correct?....

the money really isn't an issue, but I also don't want to spend money on something that isn't necessary or overprices

I apologize for my ignorance but I am just confused on what I need exactly and how much I should be spending. I am eyin different parts from different places all at different prices....some say they do the same thing some dont, and some say I need multiple of them

Old 09-19-2013, 01:45 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I WILL be getting an alignment with all the proper parts to get it in spec....eventually(within a week or two).
My biggest concern was immediately after lowering it being able to drive it home and around town for a few days until I can get the parts in and get it in an alignment shop.
Yes!

The $300 will cover what you need out back and more, the front adjustable a-arms are more expensive. Check out our Marketplace under vendor suspension for the kits needed. I'm running SPL which I finally got to work when I found an alignment shop that knew how to adjust them. That will be another task, finding an alignment shop that knows how to adjust modified suspensions.
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 09-19-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:54 PM
bump!

SPC full kit from THMotorsports includes:

Front adjustable control arms
Rear camber bolts and toe arms

$492 shipped

all that sound about right to you guys???

Old 09-26-2013, 01:29 AM
Received 137 Likes on 128 Posts
bump!

SPC full kit from THMotorsports includes:

Front adjustable control arms
Rear camber bolts and toe arms

$492 shipped

all that sound about right to you guys???
Yep, that's the complete setup and price is good. THM is a great vendor too

JDWUSMC (09-26-2013)