G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08-217/)
-   -   What is that creaking noise.... (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/441660-what-creaking-noise.html)

whanner 06-23-2014 08:56 PM

What is that creaking noise....

Any idea what that creaking noise is when you go over a speed bump... sounds like a 30 year old car. I am assuming its a bushing but i don't know which one. 2007 G35 2nd gen.

takeapieandrun 06-23-2014 11:09 PM

I have a minor version of that on my G also. It seems to be coming from the front. It may just be a lubrication issue, but my car is approaching 80k miles and I was suspecting the shocks may be going out/leaking and making some noise. I'm gonna get some coilovers this summer and hopefully that fixes the noise..

07-G35-MT/S 06-24-2014 07:37 AM

Swaybar bushings get dry and squeek. It is either 12 or 14 mm bolts in front of the car when the cover for changing the oil is off. Take off the bracket holding the rubber bushings and lube them on the inside where the swaybar makes contact.

equifire 06-24-2014 08:58 AM

I just dealt with a similar issue myself and hope this can help somebody else out there. Right after putting on coilovers I started getting a squeaking noise from the right rear of the car. Like a creaky old wooden ship. It only happened at low speeds like when driving out of the drive way or into a parking lot. Because it started after putting on coilovers I was convinced that something wrong with the install or it was a bad shock or spring. I googled it and there were other people with the exact same issue with BC coils. But no solutions. Just complaints.
I spent hours tightening bolts, reinstalling, then swapping the shocks with the other side. Then swapping the springs. Very frustrating when none of that worked. but I became an expert in rear coilover installation and can probably do it in my sleep now. lol. So when I ruled out the coilovers. I started looking at the bushings. I was able to make it squeak by slightly rocking the car back and forth and I could feel with my hand the general area where it was coming from. The front side of the rear wheel. So I started loosening anything that had a bushing one at a time and rocking the car back and forth. If it still squeaked I would retighten bolts and move on to the next bushing. I finally narrowed it down to the rubber bushing that sits between the car body and frame. Yay! finally found it after a week and half of troubleshooting. I sprayed some lubricating oil on it and retightened the bolt. It hasn't squeaked again since.

nineiron 07-07-2014 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by equifire (Post 6915440)
I just dealt with a similar issue myself and hope this can help somebody else out there. Right after putting on coilovers I started getting a squeaking noise from the right rear of the car. Like a creaky old wooden ship. It only happened at low speeds like when driving out of the drive way or into a parking lot. Because it started after putting on coilovers I was convinced that something wrong with the install or it was a bad shock or spring. I googled it and there were other people with the exact same issue with BC coils. But no solutions. Just complaints.
I spent hours tightening bolts, reinstalling, then swapping the shocks with the other side. Then swapping the springs. Very frustrating when none of that worked. but I became an expert in rear coilover installation and can probably do it in my sleep now. lol. So when I ruled out the coilovers. I started looking at the bushings. I was able to make it squeak by slightly rocking the car back and forth and I could feel with my hand the general area where it was coming from. The front side of the rear wheel. So I started loosening anything that had a bushing one at a time and rocking the car back and forth. If it still squeaked I would retighten bolts and move on to the next bushing. I finally narrowed it down to the rubber bushing that sits between the car body and frame. Yay! finally found it after a week and half of troubleshooting. I sprayed some lubricating oil on it and retightened the bolt. It hasn't squeaked again since.

do you have a pic of what this bushing looks like and exactly where it's located?

equifire 07-07-2014 01:46 PM

Here's a pic i found on the internet. I'm not sure if this is the same car but you'll get the idea. It's actually called a sub frame bushing. I circled the one that was squeaking on my car.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2920/...0cfaefb7_o.jpg