G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08-217/)
-   -   Lexus RC F (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/450109-lexus-rc-f.html)

joesmithf1 07-04-2015 12:50 AM

Lexus RC F

what do you guys think of the RC F? Is it worth the "premium"? I am planning to trade my 08 G in for it, so just wondering what your thoughts are? I have seen a lot of people/car magazines compare the RC F to the M4, and the M4 always came out to be the winner, as far as handling/performance is concern. HOWEVER, i'll be using the car for DD and will NOT be tracking it, so just wondering if i go with the RC F, am i missing out anything that the M4 has to offer? Btw, one of the biggest reason i am leaning toward the RC F is due to Lexus's great reliability record. Another reason i am leaning toward the RC F instead of the M4 is that i am so tired of seeing every 3 series with the "M Sport" package, looking a lot like the real M cars.

Any thoughts is greatly appreciated, since i am planning to get the car within two months or so; i am still doing a lot of research on the car. Thanks!!

ScraggleRock 07-04-2015 02:27 AM

I like it honestly. I may be in the minority (I actually have no idea what peoples opinions are), but I always double take when I see it. It looks good, and as far as I've read the worst part is the weight/power ratio (but only for its class; its still quick). Lexus has always been criticized for its "not so great", anemic handling, but I'm sure there are plenty of ways to improve that in the aftermarket. I say do it. I like it.

Mr. Brooks 07-04-2015 02:56 AM

The RC-F is UG-A-LY. I'll never buy one of those. Every time I see one all I can say is EEEWWWWWW.

.cakestar 07-04-2015 04:56 AM

havent been in one but it should drive similar to the is-f which i dd. its a nice sporty ride, especially when the second intake vent opens up

WhosUrBuddiee 07-04-2015 07:42 AM

If you like it, then buy it.

Jusseth 07-04-2015 02:40 PM

I like it because it doesn't look like anything on the road but the M4 is a beast.

bluedevils95 07-05-2015 12:27 AM

RCF is a good car plus more reliable then the bimmer. If those where my 2 choices then i go for the lexus.

dukehotty 07-05-2015 02:53 AM

Have you test driven both cars? I drove my friends ISF and loved it. I don't think its the best looking car but the performance, reliability and features make it a winner IMO.

takeapieandrun 07-05-2015 04:36 AM

Good car but I just cannot get over the ugly as sin predator--mouth-thing grill

stockae92 07-09-2015 03:02 PM

If you don't plan on tracking it, go with the RCF. I don't mind its looks at all.

Even if you track it, not everybody can extract the M4's full potential to make a difference. BTW, in a track day (HPDE), there is no trophy for the fastest lap time. As long as you have fun and learn a few things about car control, its all good.

Justice06RR 07-10-2015 03:05 AM

The RCF is a very good car IMO. I have no experience with either the M4 or RCF other than what I've read in car mags.

If you like it, go for it. Looks are relative and depends on the person. Some may hate it, some love it. I think it looks pretty good. the M4 is a badass car too, just a difference between German vs Japanese.

Hatchman 07-10-2015 10:00 AM

That grill is hideous. The seats feel amazing, by far the best seats Lexus every made, matter of fact, better than almost any other manufacturer's stock seats.

Performance is not on par with the M4, though.

You should at least check out a Cayman S and an Audi S5/RS5.

Like you said, it looses about every comparison it is put in, which has me wondering if it is worth the premium.

blueslatebenny 07-10-2015 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Hatchman (Post 7007826)
You should at least check out a Cayman S and an Audi S5/RS5.

^^^ this. Test drive all around. How long are you planning on owning the car? I've never owned a Lexus but I have owned a BMW and maintenance is virtually nill for the first 5 years. I probably wouldn't buy a new M and own it longer than that.

As for styling and performance, IMO, the M4 has it in every way. MSRP is 50% more, but you get what you pay for. Far better handling and gearing, and I also agree that both bumpers on the Lexus (the rear vents - EW!) are hideous. Lexus tried way too hard. As for the Ms not being distinct enough from their M-package counterparts, anyone who matters knows the difference.

+1 M4.

Edit: For the record, I asked a brand new RS5 owner what he thought, and he said he wished he'd just bought an S5. It's a $20k extra letter.

Urbanengineer 07-10-2015 11:54 AM

I love the front end. Good looking car!

Deepdiver 07-10-2015 12:17 PM

I have driven the RCF and the M4 back to back on the track. The RCF is nice. The V8 is throaty. You can feel the car. In a way it made it more fun to drive than the M4. It felt very punchy. Now the RCF felt heavier,so in turn transitions it seemed you had to wait a split second for all the weight to load the outside shocks. But if you don't intend to track it, I would say the RCF is the better daily driver without the headaches of german maintenance/repair costs. Both cars are fantastic and you really can't go wrong with either.