G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

New to the Infinity world!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the Infiniti world!

Hello all!

I'm new to the forum and new to the G35x well actually to the infinity/nissan in general. I've always own suvs so the G35 is actually my first car! Of course with used cars come with a few hiccup.

1st: The Icc doesn't work well kinda, I can set the speed and the car will work like a normal cruise control but it doesn't detect vehicle in front.

2nd: I'm doing all the maintenance on it so far I've change the transmission fluid , air filters & this coming weekend I'll be changing the transfer case/ engine oil along with spark plugs. I want to change the coil packs as well. Is there any aftermarket coil pack that I can save a few $ with? Or dose it have to be OEM?

Stupid question 3: How do I remove the battery Lol?

Hope to stick around and any recommendations are welcome!

Last edited by Ultimate_X; 04-21-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Ultimate_X
Hello all!

I'm new to the forum and new to the G35x well actually to the infinity/nissan in general.
Welcome but you should use the correct spelling for the Infiniti vehicle

Infinity are speakers

Telcoman

Last edited by Blue Dream; 04-20-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:31 PM
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts
G35 coupe 6mt
Infinity = serious offense! pls apologize..

Old 04-21-2017, 03:27 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
1: why would the CC detect the car ahead of you? I don't really think our cars do that..

2: filter, fluids, plugs are fine, but there's no point in changing the coil packs. It's not really a "wearable" item. They either work or they don't; why waste your money?

Old 04-21-2017, 05:05 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
^^I could be wrong but I think he's talking about the Intelligent Cruise Control that was an option on the second gens. It slows itself down if it detects something in front of the car so it doesn't just run over someone. Wish that was an option on the first gens.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:05 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
^^I could be wrong but I think he's talking about the Intelligent Cruise Control that was an option on the second gens. It slows itself down if it detects something in front of the car so it doesn't just run over someone. Wish that was an option on the first gens.
Man..If that's true, that's gay. Haha

Old 04-21-2017, 03:42 PM
Sorry about the typo lol just goes to show how much I know about the car 😣

Just got done changing all the fluids. Spark plugs will be change out tomorrow since I bought everything at Walmart.

Everything was pretty easy I also figured out how to change the battery! The hardest part was removing the front cover under the car!

Old 07-07-2017, 07:16 PM

A little update: I took off the plastic cover that hides the adjustment bolt. I probably adjusted it 4 times and never did it work 😑. Is there an app that I can purchase that works like forscan? My car has no check engine light only tire pressure sensor. I don't think that could be causing it not to work!

Old 07-10-2017, 06:56 AM
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Ultimate_X

A little update: I took off the plastic cover that hides the adjustment bolt. I probably adjusted it 4 times and never did it work ��. Is there an app that I can purchase that works like forscan? My car has no check engine light only tire pressure sensor. I don't think that could be causing it not to work!
I had the ICC on my G35x before it was totaled. Yours looks like it is angled wrong. It looks like it's pointing upwards when it should be pointing straight directly in front of you, perpendicular to the bumper and ground.

Has this car been in a front-end accident? This seems to be a big sign.

Old 07-10-2017, 11:05 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
It sounds like he already changed it -- by removing something under the car??

Old 07-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by mathnerd88
I had the ICC on my G35x before it was totaled. Yours looks like it is angled wrong. It looks like it's pointing upwards when it should be pointing straight directly in front of you, perpendicular to the bumper and ground.

Has this car been in a front-end accident? This seems to be a big sign.
I angled the sensor and no I never hit anything, but I had the car no to long ago.

Originally Posted by Serge Mullen
It sounds like he already changed it -- by removing something under the car??
I was referring to the cover under the front end when I was replacing the differential oil. And yes I replaced the battery.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.