G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Evaporative emission vapor vent tube warranty letter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 10:59 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Evaporative emission vapor vent tube warranty letter

I received a letter in the mail regarding a warranty notice for my 2007 G35x sedan (attached the letter below) regarding a warranty policy enhancement for the evaporative emission vapor vent tube from the fuel tank to the evap emission canister.

I assume it is the same as in the included diagram of the evap system. Any of you received the same letter? I don't know whether it is something I should consider bringing in to the dealer as I don't seem to be experiencing any problems, but I don't know how to recognize the symptoms of a problem such as this (and per letter, the sensors will not pick it up). The notice only applies to cars under 15 years/ 150K mileage (whichever occurs first), and since my G is approaching the 150K number I don't want this issue to pop up after the warranty extension. Speaking of which, how much would it cost to fix at a mechanic's (and what would it involve - I assume this is not a DIY by any means) after the warranty runs out?

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
G35x Evaporator tube recall.pdf (69.8 KB, 340 views)
Old 07-26-2017, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm having mine checked.

Often when I'm fueling up, the gas pump will kick off as if the tank is full even though I came in with an empty tank and hand only pumped a couple of gallons. I've always been able to get the tank full, but it's annoying when it happens.

It's nothing I have even ever mentioned to the dealership. But, after I got the letter it seemed to explain my issue, so might as well get it taken care of.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by bfos
I'm having mine checked.

Often when I'm fueling up, the gas pump will kick off as if the tank is full even though I came in with an empty tank and hand only pumped a couple of gallons. I've always been able to get the tank full, but it's annoying when it happens.

It's nothing I have even ever mentioned to the dealership. But, after I got the letter it seemed to explain my issue, so might as well get it taken care of.
This has happened to me as well but very rarely. I also checked other Nissan forums and it appears an Nissan related issue across the board. I will have my dealership have a look at it.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:27 PM
I'd say it happens to me maybe 10-20% of my fill-ups. It seems it is more likely to happen at certain pumps than others.

My dealer said they've been doing the tests for free even though Infiniti isn't paying them back for the tests if they don't find a problem. So you might clarify that with your dealer first.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:07 PM
I'd say it happens to me maybe 10-20% of my fill-ups. It seems it is more likely to happen at certain pumps than others.

My dealer said they've been doing the tests for free even though Infiniti isn't paying them back for the tests if they don't find a problem. So you might clarify that with your dealer first.
Same thing happens to me - some pumps but not others, and not all that frequently. My dealership is not that great (Kings Infiniti) - I will try to clarify this with a service advisor before going in next week.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:22 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Got the letter too. That explains why the gas pump kicks off on some rare occasions even when I know the tank is not full. Unfortunately, I am at 171K miles. I guess I will live with it.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:38 PM
So, the dealer performed the test for this defect and my car "passed" which means they will not be replacing the part. My interpretation is that there is an issue here that occasionally causes the symptoms we've all recognized, but it's not so bad that it would fail the test.

The tech told me he's had a lot of people come in for this test reporting similar symptoms and he's only had a single car fail the test....seems the test is a little too stringent. But, this issue isn't the end of the world. I wouldn't have ever brought my car in for this issue if it weren't for the letter.

Old 08-04-2017, 04:21 PM
So, the dealer performed the test for this defect and my car "passed" which means they will not be replacing the part. My interpretation is that there is an issue here that occasionally causes the symptoms we've all recognized, but it's not so bad that it would fail the test.

The tech told me he's had a lot of people come in for this test reporting similar symptoms and he's only had a single car fail the test....seems the test is a little too stringent. But, this issue isn't the end of the world. I wouldn't have ever brought my car in for this issue if it weren't for the letter.
Thanks for the update. I was at the dealer two days ago, and my experience was identical to yours -- nothing found (the tech basically put $10 of gas in my car, could not replicate the problem, brought it back and that was that). I was told that _none_ of the cars they had for this issue failed the test. I always thought there was something wrong with the gas pump when it happened, but it was infrequent enough that I'm not too concerned. I was only charged for the gas, so no charges here either.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the letter just as my car passed 160k but I know some people who work at the dealership so I'll see if I can work some magic. This is a very common problem for me and it seems to happen mostly when its hot outside. I actually work at a company that makes gas nozzles and I can get a full tank by flipping the thing upside down but it requires some math because it doesn't auto-stop. Either way if you have a chance to get it fixed under warranty 100% do it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.