G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Help with p0011 and p0021 please its annoying!

Old 08-15-2018, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Help with p0011 and p0021 please its annoying!

Ok here's my deal, I've had the check engine soon light since I have bought my 2008 Infiniti G35 Journey Sedan but it drove perfect and amazing. The thing is that SES light was annoying so I took it to a couple mechanic and they gave me the same codes p0011 and p0021 that suggested I change out the variable valve timing solenoid but first check the oil level. So I did that bought full synthetic (manual said it took 5 1/8 quartz of oil) and also a new filter. Did the oil change myself and change out the filter but still the SES light was on. So I went ahead and bought the left and right Variable valve timing solenoids from parts geek and had my mechanic install it and do a relearn and was working amazing and I can feel more power, even boosted my MPG (went from buying $50 worth of gas a week to $30 worth of gas per week). Then after about a week, the SES light came back on. So I took it to AutoZone and their reader said its a camshaft position sensor. So I went online and bought a set of four camshaft position sensor and had my mechanic install it. after the installation, when I pushed the start button, it took like 3 seconds of cranking before the engine started but if I turn it off and pushed the button again to start, it'll start right up and the SES light was gone so I jus ignored it. after the installation of the camshaft sensors, I could feel more power and my idling was better, and also less hesitation when I floored it, so I know the new sensors are working. after driving it for 2 days, the Goddamn SES engine came back on...mind you, the car is running like new now. So I took it back to AutoZone for a readout and its saying the same thing about the camshaft position sensors...I know its not them because I jus changed all 4 of them brand new...now all this and the car is running perfect like brand new...the only issue I have is it takes 2-3 seconds of cranking before it starts but it always starts. the mechanic I went too used a Snap-On computer to do all the relearn of the VVT solenoid and camshaft position sensors. Now my question is do you all think I just have to go to an Infiniti dealer for them to use an Infiniti specific computer to do all my relearns for the SES light to finally disappear and my start crank to go back to normal without it taking 2-3 seconds or do you all think there is more problems? Again the Car drives amazing and I've checked the oil numerous times and its looking good. Any help will really easy my mind. I never really post on forums, but Its killing me. I don't want to have to think that I've spent over $600 dollars on everything and I'm back to where I started. Again, any help will be much appreciated and thank you very much in advance..

Old 08-15-2018, 11:17 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
I think on those years there are paper gaskets in the timing cover that blow out. You have to take the front of the car apart to change them out. Odds are you replaced perfectly good sensors for no reason.

Old 08-16-2018, 01:27 AM
I have read the paper gasket trouble, but in my situation, the car drives perfectly and doesnt have low oil pressure...if that paper gasket or gallery gasket was blown out, my car should have alot more trouble and would go into limp mode...also, the gallery gasket problem affects the G37 offering more, so I really dont think that...

Old 08-16-2018, 07:08 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Rzo B.
Ok here's my deal, I've had the check engine soon light since I have bought my 2008 Infiniti G35 Journey Sedan but it drove perfect and amazing. ..................So I went ahead and bought the left and right Variable valve timing solenoids from parts geek and had my mechanic install it and do a relearn and was working amazing and I can feel more power, even boosted my MPG (went from buying $50 worth of gas a week to $30 worth of gas per week). Then after about a week, the SES light came back on. So I took it to AutoZone and their reader said its a camshaft position sensor. So I went online and bought a set of four camshaft position sensor and had my mechanic install it. after the installation, when I pushed the start button, it took like 3 seconds of cranking before the engine started but if I turn it off and pushed the button again to start, it'll start right up and the SES light was gone so I jus ignored it. after the installation of the camshaft sensors, ......So I took it back to AutoZone for a readout and its saying the same thing about the camshaft position sensors...I know its not them because I jus changed all 4 of them brand new......do you all think there is more problems? ....... I never really post on forums, but Its killing me. I don't want to have to think that I've spent over $600 dollars on everything and I'm back to where I started. Again, any help will be much appreciated and thank you very much in advance..
It's a well known fact on here that our motors usually don't play nice with aftermarket sensors, stick to OEM Nissan only. A few members here have had long term success with aftermarket but they are few and far between. Amazon is a great place to find them far cheaper than the dealerships.

I have read the paper gasket trouble, but in my situation, the car drives perfectly and doesnt have low oil pressure...if that paper gasket or gallery gasket was blown out, my car should have alot more trouble and would go into limp mode...also, the gallery gasket problem affects the G37 offering more, so I really dont think that...
This is wrong, the HR motors which you have are affected by the rear gasket failure. Doesn't seem to be a problem on the 3.7 liter motors in the G37.

The following users liked this post:
telcoman (08-16-2018)
Old 08-16-2018, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Ok here's my deal, I've had the check engine soon light since I have bought my 2008 Infiniti G35 Journey Sedan but it drove perfect and amazing. The thing is that SES light was annoying so I took it to a couple mechanic and they gave me the same codes p0011 and p0021 that suggested I change out the variable valve timing solenoid but first check the oil level. So I did that bought full synthetic (manual said it took 5 1/8 quartz of oil) and also a new filter. Did the oil change myself and change out the filter but still the SES light was on. So I went ahead and bought the left and right Variable valve timing solenoids from parts geek and had my mechanic install it and do a relearn and was working amazing and I can feel more power, even boosted my MPG (went from buying $50 worth of gas a week to $30 worth of gas per week). Then after about a week, the SES light came back on. So I took it to AutoZone and their reader said its a camshaft position sensor. So I went online and bought a set of four camshaft position sensor and had my mechanic install it. after the installation, when I pushed the start button, it took like 3 seconds of cranking before the engine started but if I turn it off and pushed the button again to start, it'll start right up and the SES light was gone so I jus ignored it. after the installation of the camshaft sensors, I could feel more power and my idling was better, and also less hesitation when I floored it, so I know the new sensors are working. after driving it for 2 days, the Goddamn SES engine came back on...mind you, the car is running like new now. So I took it back to AutoZone for a readout and its saying the same thing about the camshaft position sensors...I know its not them because I jus changed all 4 of them brand new...now all this and the car is running perfect like brand new...the only issue I have is it takes 2-3 seconds of cranking before it starts but it always starts. the mechanic I went too used a Snap-On computer to do all the relearn of the VVT solenoid and camshaft position sensors. Now my question is do you all think I just have to go to an Infiniti dealer for them to use an Infiniti specific computer to do all my relearns for the SES light to finally disappear and my start crank to go back to normal without it taking 2-3 seconds or do you all think there is more problems? Again the Car drives amazing and I've checked the oil numerous times and its looking good. Any help will really easy my mind. I never really post on forums, but Its killing me. I don't want to have to think that I've spent over $600 dollars on everything and I'm back to where I started. Again, any help will be much appreciated and thank you very much in advance..
Never use non OEM aftermarket parts or a non consult tool for proper diagnosis

Telcoman

Old 08-18-2018, 05:23 AM
Yes I did get the set of 4 camshaft position sensors from carparts.com and I don't think they are OEM, I guess ill have to go to infinity dealership for OEM ones since I don't think they will put them on if I get it from Amazon (I can put them on myself, easy enough, but I don't have tools). It did say made in china in the boxes the sensors came in lol, just pisses me off that I wasted money. Why do they make aftermarket parts if its not going to work well?!...I only did pay $99 dollars (plus $80 for installation) for the full set because when I looked online, the OEM parts cost like 80 dollars a piece. Also you might be right about them using Snap-On computer to do the relearns on my sensors...Anyway, regarding the G37 motors...go to YouTube, everyone of the paper gaskets failing (gallery gasket or some call them galley gasket) is on a G37 from 2008 to 2010...
and also...

Old 08-18-2018, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
I guess ill have to go to infinity dealership for OEM ones ...
First thing is learn how to spell Infiniti or you'll end up at a store that sells speakers.

just pisses me off that I wasted money. Why do they make aftermarket parts if its not going to work well?!...I...
Because there are many like you that think they are getting a bargain.
Sell junk and people will buy it.
Did you ever hear of quality control?

Y..I only did pay $99 dollars (plus $80 for installation) for the full set because when I looked online, the OEM parts cost like 80 dollars a piece. .
There is a reason why OEM ones are so expensive.

It is because they work and the cheap "made in China" ones do not..

Telcoman

Old 08-21-2018, 12:29 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Why not check your oil pressure and make sure it's within spec?