G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08-217/)
-   -   Navigation (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sedan-v36-2007-08/466801-navigation.html)

Harlemkid82 05-28-2019 07:51 AM

Navigation

Hello to all my fellow G drivers!!!! Question!!! Does anyone know how to up the navigation system in the G??? I don’t have a dvd drive so I believe it’s a hard drive system.....

cleric670 05-28-2019 12:37 PM

It's like 6 years out of date and there will be no more software updates so most folks don't use it. It was a sluggish turd of a nav system when it was new so I recommend you look into other options for navigation.

There have been quite a few people that just the lift motor and assembly to mount a tablet or garmin or other device inside where the screen currently sits. Nav was the only option I DIDN'T want when I bought my G because it was already obsolete, without nav you gain a cool little cubby hold with a folding lid. You could just delete the navigation and pick up that little cubby hole.

stockae92 05-29-2019 03:13 PM

LOL, actually I still use mine from time to time. Its not like the Apple Map out there, not real time traffic, not even the latest road. But it would still get me to where I need to go.

But yeah, most of the time if I need navigation, I just do it from my iPhone. :p

Scorpi0 05-30-2019 04:13 AM

Tape your phone to the navi screen. BOOM! Updated navigation!!

Hall Stevenson 05-30-2019 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail (Post 7169030)
It's like 6 years out of date and there will be no more software updates so most folks don't use it. It was a sluggish turd of a nav system when it was new so I recommend you look into other options for navigation.

I would never opt for an automaker's navigation option unless I was leasing. It's already going to be 2+ years "old" by the time makes it to production and once in production, there aren't likely to make any substantial changes through a model's run (not until a re-design takes place) so if it's, say the 5th year in a model's run, that navigation system is really 5-6 or more years old at that point.

Integrating Apple CarPlay or Android Auto is one of the smartest things automakers have done for these type of systems.

treacherous 06-02-2019 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Harlemkid82 (Post 7169017)
Hello to all my fellow G drivers!!!! Question!!! Does anyone know how to up the navigation system in the G??? I don’t have a dvd drive so I believe it’s a hard drive system.....

Dealer only as far as I have ever heard.... I only had mine updated one time years back.

One can still get updates for this old system.... worst longevity for nav updates was my '02 Maxima with a CD based nav. They only published updates through 2005. How would you like to be the 2004 i35 owner which had a system that EOL'd just a year later.