G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35Driver Feedback & Suggestions (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35driver-feedback-suggestions-51/)
-   -   Fellow G35 Buyers Beware!! (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35driver-feedback-suggestions/391269-fellow-g35-buyers-beware.html)

serges 10-14-2011 12:06 AM

Fellow G35 Buyers Beware!!

So after my account with zeroscythe on g35driver I am very unpleased with the lack of authenticity and faith in the private market aspect. I have had good luck with our vendors and i am grateful for that thank you!!. Now i was originally looking for a mrev2 when i was looking on someones thread that was selling one. I cant remember who it was sorry. Long story short after not being able to purchase the mrev2 i was originally looking at i was pm'd by zeroscythe indicating he had a mrev2 for sale. After several conversations with him i ended up purchasing the mrev2 from him. To find out after three weeks of waiting for it to arrive IT WAS A FAKE!!! He told me his team and him had a better plenum with proven numbers to back it which i didnt buy at all, so i chimed in with Tony at Motordyne which i cant thank him enough to bring to my eyes that it was indeed a fake and that zeroscythe had infact lied to me and proabably to others about his plenums. Thanks Tony this man is selling so called mrev2's that he makes supposedly if u guys need help with fakes ask Tony!!! he will help u guys like he helped me i can send u my conversations with zeroscythe and im not trying to throw people under the bus but thats how i feel about this situation and i have the pm's to prove it if anyone needs definitive proof. DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT ZEROSCYTHE SAYS!!!! ITS ALL BULL. First it was a mrev2 then the next day it was his r&d plenum which i supposedly had then he said he would send me a refund or he would send me his prototype which i didnt buy for one bit. Luckily i got my refund and sent him his crap back. I just dont want anyone else to experience my issue so im being brutally honest. So be careful do all ur research. thank u guys!!:icon27::icon27::icon27: Thanks Tony once again...

ThatOneDude 10-14-2011 12:13 AM

o___________________________________________o

SxExCx 10-14-2011 12:49 AM

Sounds like business as usual for that group of guys...tisk tisk.

Invalid_User 10-14-2011 01:00 AM

Pm strafe he is on their team. Maybe he can see whats up

TripleHBK 10-14-2011 01:04 AM

If he worked with you and sent you a full refund I'm not sure I see what the problem is. Whether you like his products or not, it sounds to me like he stood behind his service and should be commended for not just taking your money and running, Honestly anyone could make the exact same claim about most body kits sold on this site as just about everything is a reproduction of something else. If you want 100% assurance that your getting the real deal, then buy directly from an official vendor and expect to pay a hefty premium, and also don't be surprised if certain items are no longer available considering our cars (G35's) have officially been out of production for a few years now. I fail to see the need for such a temper tantrum when he provided a full refund. There is a reason this site uses iTrader.

alex2k10 10-14-2011 02:28 AM

wow

Blue Dream 10-14-2011 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by TripleHBK (Post 6166430)
If he worked with you and sent you a full refund I'm not sure I see what the problem is. Whether you like his products or not, it sounds to me like he stood behind his service and should be commended for not just taking your money and running, Honestly anyone could make the exact same claim about most body kits sold on this site as just about everything is a reproduction of something else. If you want 100% assurance that your getting the real deal, then buy directly from an official vendor and expect to pay a hefty premium, and also don't be surprised if certain items are no longer available considering our cars (G35's) have officially been out of production for a few years now. I fail to see the need for such a temper tantrum when he provided a full refund. There is a reason this site uses iTrader.

My issue with this is the OP was lied to plain and simple. I don't give a sh!t if he got his money back, that's not the issue. What if someone else had made the same purchase under the same circumstances and didn't know they received a fake?

Dishonesty = fail plain and simple. I'll be curious to see what zeroscythe says if he chimes in here, lying to people to make a sale is unacceptable and if it can be proven he pulled this crap he should be banned IMHO. :mad:

Blue Dream 10-14-2011 06:36 AM

Serges don't let this one situation sour you on the private sellers here. I have a lot of transactions through this site with them and have NEVER had an issue. Lesson for you, always authenticate a product you're interested in, especially if it's a custom piece like the MREV2. Tony is always more than happy to assist our members in verifying that a product is in fact his, and not a fake.

I think I have a man crush on Tony. :D

CandlestickPark 10-14-2011 11:43 AM

Serges made me aware of this when he was attempting to get his money back and I helped him get a refund from zeroscythe.

I do have major concerns about trying to call a lower manifold an "MREV2" if in fact it wasn't made by Tony himself. I have just received all of the correspondence from the transaction and will be reviewing it in detail.

Hydrazine 10-14-2011 12:37 PM

I reviewed the pictures sent to me by serges and it is certifiably not a MREV2 in the picture.

alfhasg35 10-14-2011 12:43 PM

no bueno..

walshtj 10-14-2011 01:38 PM

Wow atleast you got your money back.

Blue Dream 10-14-2011 03:11 PM

Thanks Marcus..........

Invictus_Caelumfunis 10-14-2011 04:41 PM

did he actually claim it was an MREV2 im curious...cause i have pms stating from Zero it was similar but a custom piece made by his team. I've had several conversations with him and he is actually doing my powdercoating on my engine bay. Glad you recieved your money back...but I will say if he made the mistake of calling it an MREV2 I'm sure he will apologize, if somehow you misunderstood him and he refunded your money...shame on you for making this thread.

Strafe Automotive 10-14-2011 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by SxExCx (Post 6166413)
Sounds like business as usual for that group of guys...tisk tisk.

Wow really? Hmmmm Maybe must have gotten Bitten......Anyway. Just because some one on Our team sells a product he or she has doesn't make it part of Strafe.. Nice Lump there Buddy. Zeroscythe Does Our Polishing and Powder Coating and has done work on quite a few cars, even one on your team..

I do know Zeroscythe and Bikinilust were trying a new way to mod the plenum. I can't say I even know what they actually did or didn't do to the OEM plenums. I do know they tested them at Churchs but he would have to give that Info................So as far as business as Usual Strafe had nothing to do with this transaction......Bravo for your most useless Post.... Kinda sounds like haterade business as Usual Tisk Tisk...........

SxExCx 10-14-2011 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Lawrence@StrafeAutomotive (Post 6167326)
Wow really? Hmmmm Maybe must have gotten Bitten......Anyway. Just because some one on Our team sells a product he or she has doesn't make it part of Strafe.. Nice Lump there Buddy. Zeroscythe Does Our Polishing and Powder Coating and has done work on quite a few cars, even one on your team..

I do know Zeroscythe and Bikinilust were trying a new way to mod the plenum. I can't say I even know what they actually did or didn't do to the OEM plenums. I do know they tested them at Churchs but he would have to give that Info................So as far as business as Usual Strafe had nothing to do with this transaction......Bravo for your most useless Post.... Kinda sounds like haterade business as Usual Tisk Tisk...........

I didn't mention any names but thanks for confirming it.

Canadian 10-14-2011 05:20 PM

I'm curious to see what Zeroscythe has to say? Amy chance we could see the PMs to determine whether or not the OP was lied to?

threatcon07 10-14-2011 05:41 PM

Are you just ignorant, or delusional beyond belief? So if someone says they are selling a used HKS exhaust (not HKS REPLICA exhaust) and you buy it for 800, you are supposed to be happy that he offers you a refund because it is a fake that he tried to peddle off as genuine? Get your head out of your behind.

Why do you even mention itrader? You have a zero itrader rating, do you even know what the itrader is for? Zeroscythe has a decent itrader rating which means that if he is guilty of the charges laid out in this thread, it compromises the itrader system for other people who actually purchase/sell used products.

I am not making any conclusions about this until both sides have chimed in and PMs have been reviewed by Marcus.

Blue Dream 10-14-2011 05:44 PM

Curious as to why there has been no response from zero.

Time for the :drama:

CandlestickPark 10-14-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Canadian (Post 6167362)
I'm curious to see what Zeroscythe has to say? Amy chance we could see the PMs to determine whether or not the OP was lied to?

No I'm not going to share PMs on the forums.

Take my word for it he called the lower manifold an "MREV2" (he didn't use quotes, I added quotes since from the information that has been presented its not a real MREV2).

Blue Dream 10-14-2011 05:48 PM

Well that sucks, not cool in my book. :NOOO:

I wonder if this is the thread the OP found the manifold on, if so that's bad business and has no place on this forum. https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...hed-stock.html

Hydrazine 10-14-2011 05:58 PM

Thanks for posting the link Tim.

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...hed-stock.html

^^^This is NOT an MREV2.

Blue Dream 10-14-2011 06:01 PM

No worries, I don't know if this is the thread for the manifold in question but IMO if it's not then that's 2 strikes against zero. We need tp protect each other and I hate to see people claiming to sell your products when they are not genuine.

Also, thanks for posting the verification thread in the Intake section in the Marketplace. It makes me sad you have to do something like that, but apparently you do to protect your products, name, and reputation.

CandlestickPark 10-14-2011 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Hydrazine (Post 6167431)

^^^This is NOT an MREV2.

I had totally forgotten about that thread Tony, thanks for pointing it out.

Blue Dream 10-14-2011 06:26 PM

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/u...ythreadlk3.jpg

juan350gt 10-14-2011 06:37 PM

All i have to say is if you want quality and the real deal just buy the original, Take a short cut and you'll get cut short as well..

Jeff92se 10-14-2011 06:38 PM

zeroscythe

Send Message User Lists Last Activity: Today 10:26 AM

threatcon07 10-14-2011 06:39 PM

So you're saying you have to buy the item brand new to get an authentic item? :rolleyes:
Look at the private classifieds and how many people are searching through it at any given time of the day to see how well your theory coincides with reality.

Originally Posted by juan350gt (Post 6167481)
All i have to say is if you want quality and the real deal just buy the original, Take a short cut and you'll get cut short as well..

Blue Dream 10-14-2011 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se (Post 6167484)
zeroscythe

Send Message User Lists Last Activity: Today 10:26 AM

Hmmm I found this in his profile.

zeroscythe
Send Message User Lists
Last Activity: Today 12:26 PM

Jeff92se 10-14-2011 06:44 PM

^^^This is NOT an MREV2.

Aaannndd, that's not even CLOSE to being an mrev2.

Blue Dream 10-14-2011 06:46 PM

I just invited zero to join us in this thread to put in his .02. We'll see what he has to say hopefully.

butkiss1 10-14-2011 07:43 PM

I've done business with Zero , I have his lower plenum , he never misrepresented it in any way , he told me that it was similar to the mrev2 but different .
He was very trust worthy and honest , An enthusiast just like us !

OP was given a full refund , sounds like people r still trying to run him over!

Invictus_Caelumfunis 10-14-2011 07:50 PM

^^^+1...marcus do u want my pms as well? he told me the same thing.

butkiss1 10-14-2011 08:19 PM

Zero sounds like a Lynch mob is a commin

Invictus_Caelumfunis 10-14-2011 08:28 PM

....i meant the pms defending him, he told me the same thing as u dummy lol

butkiss1 10-14-2011 08:34 PM

ooooooooooooo you cool u cool

Blue Dream 10-14-2011 08:37 PM

^^^This is NOT an MREV2.

Originally Posted by butkiss1 (Post 6167561)
I've done business with Zero , I have his lower plenum , he never misrepresented it in any way , he told me that it was similar to the mrev2 but different .

Originally Posted by Invictus_Caelumfunis (Post 6167565)
^^^+1...marcus do u want my pms as well? he told me the same thing.

Originally Posted by butkiss1 (Post 6167584)
Zero sounds like a Lynch mob is a commin

Originally Posted by Invictus_Caelumfunis (Post 6167595)
....i meant the pms defending him, he told me the same thing as u dummy lol

Guys I normally respect your opinions, but how do you explain a thread that clearly states he's selling a MREV2 and it's not one, verified by Tony? And if this is a different piece than the OP purchased that's twice he lied.

IMO there's no defending that it's fvcking shady. I don't give a sh!t how honest he's been with you guys, this forum doesn't need to wonder every time he posts something for sale if it's authentic or is what he says it is.

Sorry but you 2 are way off base here. :mad:

Invictus_Caelumfunis 10-14-2011 08:41 PM

i agree with you in that aspect Tim as I usually would, I'm clearly just stating what he has done for me. It sucks to see it go down like that, but he has never wronged me. I'm hoping he will come in and explain himself, but trust me I do see where you're coming from.

butkiss1 10-14-2011 09:00 PM

^+1
Tim I understand your frustration over this matter , I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion about zeroscythe , All I'm saying is i have been dealing with him on a daily basis regarding the Mod that the OP is talking about , I'm just sharing my experiences with zeroscythe, consider my comments
honest and unbiased

SDGenius 10-14-2011 09:02 PM

in ALL honesty, i spoke to zero about his lower plenums too. he made it VERY clear(to me) that it wasn't an MREV2, even going as far as saying his was better. just sayin'

Equipped4dr 10-14-2011 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by butkiss1 (Post 6167561)

I aggree^^
Bikinilust was telling me about these modified plenums that Zerocythe and him were coming out with. I think there is also a thread up here about it. They do have one on my350z. They state that they have found a better way to get better gains with these plenums. And these were not an mrev2. I think somewhere along the lines there was a confusion. I dont know what was said between the 2 of you, but this is the info i know. Ive had some transactions with Zero and hes totally down to earth. I hope it works out between the 2 of you.

zeroscythe 10-14-2011 09:42 PM

Okay first because i sell something DOES NOT mean strafe is behind it. Lawrence and Dustin have been great people with me and have helped me tremendously withmy build.

Second of all i R&D'd a new product and yes i bought a mrev2 from a seller on my350z for $400. After taking measurements and seeing exactly what was done we began thinking of how to improve on the design. ALL I DID WAS TAKE A HIGH SPEED SCOTCHBRITE DISK TO THE FRONT RUNNERS. it took it down some more and left it smooth compared to the machined surface on tony's mrev2. We then went another route and ended up redesigning all the runners ON A DIFFERENT PLENUM and had everything dyno tested.

Where im at fault: I should've told the customer i took a scotchbrite disk to the top of the runners. Any person with common sense in cars and who can do a little research on the subject can pretty much figure out that it doesnt change the product very much and i didnt think he'd care cuz i sold it to him for dirt cheap. If i modify my Borla and add an x pipe to it does it make it not a Borla anymore? If you guys would like i can PM the person on my350z and have him vouche he sold me the product.

AS SOON AS THE CUSTOMER ASKED FOR A REFUND I AGREED. i never gave him a run around and even offered him different solutions which would've cost me more money in the end. I have never wronged anyone and if i were to, i'd do everything i could to make it right. He got his refund as soon asthe product was shipped back and now opening a thread like this is pretty much an insult and feel its completely out of place. I could've been a d*ck and posted pictures on the original readings on my caliper to prove my point but like i told marcus in a PM i dont feel comfortable disclosing the specifications of another vendors product, since any machine shop can crank one out in about an hour.

i've already spoken with IB about becoming a vendor as of Nov. 1st so we wont have issues like the ones we're having anymore. This thread is completely pointless and respectfully ask that it be closed as this issue has already been resolved.

Blue Dream 10-14-2011 10:24 PM

^^Then how do explain this? https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...hed-stock.html

Sorry bro but in my book that's shady and is an example of fraud plain and simple. If the OP has PMs where you referred to the plenum you sold him as an MREV2, and it wasn't, which has been confirmed by the mods that's shady deal #2. You can't justify either of those examples as anything else, and I hope this thread isn't closed. It will give others a chance to try to understand for themselves what is happening/has happened.

I don't know you but based on these 2 incidents I probably wouldn't buy anything from you, you've broken my trust nomsayin?? :D

Hydrazine 10-14-2011 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by zeroscythe (Post 6167694)
Okay first because i sell something DOES NOT mean strafe is behind it. Lawrence and Dustin have been great people with me and have helped me tremendously withmy build.

Second of all i R&D'd a new product and yes i bought a mrev2 from a seller on my350z for $400. After taking measurements and seeing exactly what was done we began thinking of how to improve on the design. ALL I DID WAS TAKE A HIGH SPEED SCOTCHBRITE DISK TO THE FRONT RUNNERS. it took it down some more and left it smooth compared to the machined surface on tony's mrev2. We then went another route and ended up redesigning all the runners ON A DIFFERENT PLENUM and had everything dyno tested.

Where im at fault: I should've told the customer i took a scotchbrite disk to the top of the runners. Any person with common sense in cars and who can do a little research on the subject can pretty much figure out that it doesnt change the product very much and i didnt think he'd care cuz i sold it to him for dirt cheap. If i modify my Borla and add an x pipe to it does it make it not a Borla anymore? If you guys would like i can PM the person on my350z and have him vouche he sold me the product.

AS SOON AS THE CUSTOMER ASKED FOR A REFUND I AGREED. i never gave him a run around and even offered him different solutions which would've cost me more money in the end. I have never wronged anyone and if i were to, i'd do everything i could to make it right. He got his refund as soon asthe product was shipped back and now opening a thread like this is pretty much an insult and feel its completely out of place. I could've been a d*ck and posted pictures on the original readings on my caliper to prove my point but like i told marcus in a PM i dont feel comfortable disclosing the specifications of another vendors product, since any machine shop can crank one out in about an hour.

i've already spoken with IB about becoming a vendor as of Nov. 1st so we wont have issues like the ones we're having anymore. This thread is completely pointless and respectfully ask that it be closed as this issue has already been resolved.

False. That was not a MREV2 in the pictures serges sent to me via email. We do not make them that way. Nor did it have any of the Motordyne signature marks.

The same applies to your FOR SALE thread here: https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-...hed-stock.html

These aren't MREV2's modified by you. They aren't MREV2's at all.

It is fraudulent to sell them as MREV2's.

serges 10-14-2011 11:13 PM

problem was i was to expect on getting a mrev2 and in fact i did not get one but a story with 3 weeks of waiting im not throwing a tantrum tony told me to put an awareness out there and i did no harm no foul right? if u called tony at motordyne pm'd u on a great offer for a product and u got something different wouldnt u be concerned!!!

VictoriousG 10-14-2011 11:20 PM

sub'd for end results..

serges 10-14-2011 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Invictus_Caelumfunis (Post 6167320)
did he actually claim it was an MREV2 im curious...cause i have pms stating from Zero it was similar but a custom piece made by his team. I've had several conversations with him and he is actually doing my powdercoating on my engine bay. Glad you recieved your money back...but I will say if he made the mistake of calling it an MREV2 I'm sure he will apologize, if somehow you misunderstood him and he refunded your money...shame on you for making this thread.

09-13-2011, 12:41 AM
zeroscythe

Level up: 99%, 2 Points needed

Activity: 6.7%

Mrev2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an Mrev2 I needa get rid of.. Trying to switch over to a cosworth plenum.. 330 shipped and it's yours.. PM me

Team Strafe - powder coat crazy - contact strafe for services

does that sound like he was trying to sell me a mrev2 im not trying to sound outa line but i was plain and simple scammed!! what dont u guys understand yea i got my money back but what now 1 month later no plenum at all and frustration no thanks who do i trust me!!

Invalid_User 10-14-2011 11:45 PM

I literally LOLd at this guy trying to defend himself, scammers gonna scam. I am astonished and surprised that some members on here are defending him. YES YOU ARE DEFENDING HIMMMM

CandlestickPark 10-15-2011 12:11 AM

Based on all of the info presented in this instance and previous incidents, and after discussion among the staff, zeroscythe has been perma banned.