G37 Coupe V36 2008+ Discussion about the G37 Coupe

Buying a used 08 g37 please help

Old 01-18-2017, 08:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buying a used 08 g37 please help

First I apologize if there is a thread/forum about this I did an active effort to search and could not find anything . Also I am new to forms so my active effort search probably wasn't that great. Regardless I am looking into an 08G 37 getting it from a mom-and-pop dealership all I know about it 107,000 miles Not at an action and they said the rims are messed up because of loading .I live about two hours away from the place and asking for any advice,help in regards of what to look for whether it was in a crash (will check Carfax also) or any other major/minor concerned I should be Trying to look for.I do not care how silly you think it is just let me know I appreciate all Advice thanks

Last edited by Jay bongwaters; 01-18-2017 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Added photos
Old 01-18-2017, 08:56 AM

Old 01-18-2017, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Here is my $.02
Do not be in a rush to purchase a vehicle. I assume you are young, inexperienced, and not well funded.
Nothing wrong with that as we were all in your shoes at one time. I still regret not listening to my dad when I purchased my first car that turned out to be a POS 58 Ford. Never bought another Ford.
Take a dad, granddad or someone older with more experience in vehicle purchases.
If you are located in central NJ I love to break the ***** of car dealers.
I would take that VIN number to the nearest Infiniti dealer and have them run the VIN number for you along with a thorough inspection and service history.
Was this vehicle purchased in the same state where you live?
Be extremely careful with washed titles as there were hundreds of thousands of vehicles caught in floods all over the United States.
Dealers usually keep the best vehicles coming off leases and send others to auction where they end up at mom and pop used car dealers most of which may not have any scruples.
Do research on that dealer.
Finally you want the sale based on a full inspection by an Infiniti dealer with any defects paid for and corrected by the seller.
If this is your first vehicle with limited funds you might be better off with a cheaper vehicle such as a Honda Civic for a few years while you save money?

Good luck

Telcoman

Old 01-18-2017, 11:28 AM
Thanks

so far it's not my first rodeo in buying a vehicle nor i'm not too worried about the money 2 years and still going in the military ,but definitely will take it to a infinity dealership ! That's my wife has a 2015 civic but I'm not paying on that

Old 01-19-2017, 05:57 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Sorry man but I just can't take you seriously after reading your screen name lolololol. I will say if those are dealer pics I'm always skeptical when they don't include pictures of the engine bay. But do as Telco suggested; have the car inspected by a dealer and check all service history. Also I'm not a fan of CarFax, I prefer Autocheck. Too many shady stories out there about CarFax,,,,,,,

The following users liked this post:
telcoman (01-19-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Sorry man but I just can't take you seriously after reading your screen name lolololol. I will say if those are dealer pics I'm always skeptical when they don't include pictures of the engine bay. But do as Telco suggested; have the car inspected by a dealer and check all service history. Also I'm not a fan of CarFax, I prefer Autocheck. Too many shady stories out there about CarFax,,,,,,,
LOL thanks got the name in high school for various reasons and also no my dad took those pictures

Old 05-04-2017, 09:41 AM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
What to look for to see if it was in a wreck....

1. Are all the body lines straight ie: do the door jams line up perfect, does the hood line stay uniform, are the quarter panel lines uniform etc...

2. Does the paint match all panels ie: are there any panels that have a slightly different (older looking or newer looking color)

3. Does the paint texture match all panels ie: is there any orange peel on any panels and not on others. Or does any panel look or have a different texture than others.

....I could go on and on, but those are the easiest to find right from the start.

Biggest thing is to go into the shop thinking you are not going to buy it and that it is a piece of crap. That way you look at the car unbiased and can make an actual solid decision.

Biggest mistake people do is get all giddy before they even see the car in person. They know they already bought the car in their head and they overlook serious problems while under some sales pressure from the staff.

GL

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.