G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G37 V36 Sedan 2009 + (https://g35driver.com/forums/g37-v36-sedan-2009-436/)
-   -   Are the Reviews right? Are there issues with the auto tranny shifting? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g37-v36-sedan-2009/420879-reviews-right-there-issues-auto-tranny-shifting.html)

KingCobra 01-02-2013 03:56 AM

Are the Reviews right? Are there issues with the auto tranny shifting?

From almost all of the reviews ive read, theyve almost all complained about the g37 sedan automatic tranny, that it has many issues with properly downshifting/upshifting quickly enough or at the right time...

Is that true? Has it been fixed via reflash of ecu at dealer? What is your experience?

dominate 01-02-2013 04:01 AM

Try myg37.com, there was a thread on it there. If I remember correctly a reflash of the tranny ecu fixes the issue

Mystikal 01-03-2013 12:43 PM

yea, there is an upgrade of the software the car uses...Im taking mine in on Saturday for the 2nd time because of this BS...its down shifting hard, and up Shifts like ****

That's G 01-03-2013 12:50 PM

Funny I was just reading about this when searching to see if a 7AT swap to the G35 would be possible/beneficial. I guess there have been lots of problems with the 7AT G37 and people still seemed to prefer the 5AT.

R35SEDAN 01-04-2013 05:01 AM

It depends on which car you want. I know specifically that mine an G37xS seemed wierd too. For example say i'm at a light and a 335 rolls up but say the speed limit or max your willing to go at the, so here's what your hearing about so I mine in sport because the cars just faster to third than most can actually keep track because 1st is more like low gear. And if have foot on the gas and even my awd x will start spinning its rear tire while the front is locked up, as i said in sport mode but not manual shifting yet, so light goes greenyou don't really notice if the car is going through1st to 2nd or actually starting in second. Then you suddenly slow down in sport mode auto shifting, you suddenly take your foot off the gas for whatever reason, well the kinda assumes you're still in it so the rpms stay at the powerband i guess you could call it. Oh and below how i got over it

But then i had a break-through and figured how its meant to i was racing a 335ci and i had it in manual shifting and instead of looking i just listened to my car, and pretty much realized you never need 1st unless you towing or maybe in snow or ice...so launch in sport auto then switch to manualvia paddles or shifter...btw i'll be over at my dealership getting the reflash asap, as well

Arrington329 03-10-2013 01:18 PM

Yes there is an issue.. There is a software update that helps alot and apparently a valve body upgrade fixes the rest. Not to mention you should probably add that and a few other small things to bullet proof the tranny anyway.