G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G37 V36 Sedan 2009 + (https://g35driver.com/forums/g37-v36-sedan-2009-436/)
-   -   09 G37xS 7AT went limp mode. (https://g35driver.com/forums/g37-v36-sedan-2009/440018-09-g37xs-7at-went-limp-mode.html)

Finnkc 05-01-2014 05:51 PM

09 G37xS 7AT went limp mode.

My father owns a 09 G37xS 7AT Sedan and last weekend I drove it for about an hour on paved country roads. It was flawless, bit envious actually of that 7 spd gearbox. :)
It has 115,000 KM on it and has not even so much as hiccuped on him before. He gets it regularly serviced.

He called me yesterday, and after a short talk he explained to me what sounds like it had gone into limp mode while he was driving it. Wouldn't rev over 2500. No warning lights however and he pulled over after realizing something wasn't right and restarted. Limp mode was gone and he still had no warning lights.

He said he wasn't pushing it and that it wasn't running hot. I am not sure what to say other then for him to go get codes pulled and go from there?

Has anyone had this? Can limp mode just glitch in sometimes?

Mr. Brooks 05-03-2014 11:35 AM

I hated it when I went into limp mode. I was with this chick one night, about to do my thing, when pow, right out of no where I went into limp mode. Later that night she got motor running all night and I kept her engine purring. That night didn't turn out too bad.

Finnkc 05-05-2014 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks (Post 6898423)
I hated it when I went into limp mode. I was with this chick one night, about to do my thing, when pow, right out of no where I went into limp mode. Later that night she got motor running all night and I kept her engine purring. That night didn't turn out too bad.

Yes went limp then after a quick rest went back to normal ... Tho I think your problem is probably performance anxiety. A little puff puff I have been told does the trick.

Mr. Brooks 05-05-2014 03:27 PM

I'll have to remember to try the puff puff pass.

bocian320 03-18-2016 11:13 AM

Oh man, it can be the dreaded rear timing belt cover gaskets. I'm hoping for your wallet's sake that it's not. If you have any sort of warranty, get your oil pressure checked asap! If out of warranty, checking the oil won't solve anything, it'll just either confirm you have bad gaskets or it may scratch that of the list. Cross your fingers it's the latter. Once they start going bad there's nothing you can do to prevent anything. I had this fiasco a few months back. Car went into limp mode above 2.5k rpms but mine threw a CEL. I heard of this happening without a CEL. Mechanic friend helped me, ~900$ for labor and parts, dealer will hit you for 3k$ so here 🍻 to hoping it's not that.

Finnkc 03-02-2017 04:53 PM

Well its happened. My father called me today (Feb 2017) he had a CES light and went over to his mechanic and had codes pulled.

P0021 and P0524 as well. Seems like the rear timing belt cover gaskets are shot. Gonna advise him to get an oil press test to confirm and go from there. :crying:

He also pulled a P0174 but I don't think that is related.(?)

Anyway ... $$$$ time.