G37 V36 Sedan 2009 + Discussion about the G37 Sedan

2013 G37X getting slight vib/shake shifting from 2nd to 3rd, 7 AT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G37X getting slight vib/shake shifting from 2nd to 3rd, 7 AT

Hey Guys,

When I am accelerating at about 25% throttle, i get a slight shake that last about a second during the shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. I don't notice it much, or at all really when I am on main roads and under normal acceleration that you would apply on a road with say a 45+ speed limit. I mostly notice it around the neighborhood, and slow surface streets (25mph-35mph speed limit)

The shake almost feels like too much torque being that wants to push the wheels ( feels like front right ) faster or loose even though the car is accelerating slowly and wants to hold back. Sometimes it doesn't do it, for instance, this morning i drove it and was out for about 15 minutes and the shifts were completely smooth. I then went out in it again about an hour later and noticed it every shift from 2nd to 3rd. It almost feels as if the car is transferring power to the front wheels but isn't sure, so it hesitates.

The most frustrating part of this problem is explaining it... so i hope I'm making sense. I have had a similar shake on another car, a long time ago, after i lowered the car, it ended up needing the camber kit to correct it. This car, however, has not been lowered, but i did briefly have a set of g35 Rays installed. I believe the offset is different on those so I'm not sure if maybe it caused something to settle out of place before i put the stock wheels back on. The only problem with that theory is that this ONLY happens between 2nd and 3rd gear.

This car only has 18,000 miles on it.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.