G37 V36 Sedan 2009 + Discussion about the G37 Sedan

Need help with Consult III Plus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 10:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with Consult III Plus

I have an Infiniti G37 (2011). I used Nissan Consult III Plus to enter the pin and start programming new Key Fobs.

I was able to clear the existing keys , but am not able to program the new Fob(s).

Consult III provides instructions, but the Key light never blinks 5 times as it indicates that it should.

I have tried all 3 options:

Replace ECM (used part)
Replace BCM
Register Key

For each of the options, it gets stuck at the same place. Please help me understand the sequence of commands I need to program the new Keys.

This is a Push to start vehicle and is completely stuck right now.

Thanks,

Neal M.

Old 05-18-2018, 10:58 AM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
What is your EXACT work flow, sounds like you're definitely missing a step.

EDIT: Pictures of each screen would help too, your description of the problem is incredibly vague, have you made it to the key programming screen where it gives you the directions to insert the keys? Did you properly decode the PIN number it gives you on screen for the immobilizer unlock? Did you turn the hazard lights ON? Are in INSERTING the key into the fob slot or just holding it on top of the start button?

Details, details, details.

Last edited by cleric670; 05-18-2018 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:52 AM
More Details

I know the pin-code is correct, because it erased all keys and unlocked the steering. After I enter the pincode, it takes me to a screen where it indicates that I need +12V on the battery, hazards On, and then to hit the Next button to proceed with programming. I turn ON the Hazards and have ignition OFF.

I hit next and it presents me with Instructions:

1.) Insert the Key into Fob slot, turn the Ignition ON.
2.) Security light will blink 5 times.
3.) Remove the key FOB, ignition will go to OFF.
4.) Wait 5 seconds.

But, nothing happens at step 2, other than one Key flash and 4 beeps.

I am inserting the Key Fob into the Fob slot. I turn ON the ignition and it tries something, but doesn't seem to program the Key. Not sure what the correct sequence is.

Thanks.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:22 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Insert the fob and then press the START button on the dash you mean right? As soon as you hit the START button Consult should see it and the screen will show it's communicating.

EDIT: You won't use the physical KEY for anything, you insert the FOB into the little fob slot and then hit the START button.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:38 PM
Do get an error message

Thanks for your help. But, I do get a warning before I enter reprogramming. It says something about ECU initialization failed.

But, I can still hit "Next" button as the steering is unlocked and all other conditions are met.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:40 PM
Also, Consult just sits there as if nothing happened when I put the Fob in the slot and hit the Ignition button.

The car is a keyless proximity one, so no need for the actual key other than unlocking the door.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:59 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Ok so it should go something like this.

Hazard lights on
C3 - Immobilizer
Vehicle selection
Ignition OFF dialogue
BCM connect
ECU connect
Key registration/dialogue
Ignition OFF/Hazard on/Battery voltage/Park or Neutral dialogue
Encrypted/Immobilizer PIN

Next step is performed with IMMU decryption software, whatever one you are using.
Retrieve the decoded PIN and go back to C3

Once you have 4 digit IMMU PIN, enter that new code into C3
Steering wheel unlocks (turn to verify)
Insert fob into slot (not the backup physical key, everything is done via the FOB)
Press the ignition start button
C3 communicates with the ECU

NOW YOU ARE READY TO PROGRAM KEYS, directions pop up on the screen, follow the directions

Turn off hazard lights
Remove fob from slot, insert whichever fob is to be programmed first into the slot
Press start button
Security light flashes 5 times (picture of a little car on the dash)
Remove fob
Insert NEXT fob
Press start button
Security light flashes 5 times
Rinse/repeat for any additional fobs up to a maximum of 4 fobs
Click the next button, screen prompts to test each fob to verify operation
Programming is FINISHED at this point

Remove any fobs from the ignition, turn ignition off, open/close door to the vehicle.
Test lock/unlock operation on each fob
Insert fob into the fob slot for initial vehicle start
Start vehicle to verify, stop vehicle
Test start operation with each fob in the fob slot

You will need to verify the steering wheel lock ENGAGES and DISENGAGES during the fob check, you might have to open/close the door a couple times and insert the fob into the slot a couple times before it does the lock/unlock sequence before the ignition will work.

EXACTLY where in this work flow are you having a problem and post a picture of the exact C3 dialogue error you are getting. A video would help also, post to youtube then put the link here.

Old 05-18-2018, 01:00 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Also, in your initial post you say you replace the ECU then reinstalled the original ECU but you also replaced the BCM. You did tether the new BCM to the ECU yes?

EDIT: Post your EXACT work flow like I did in the previous post. A specific sequence of events with pictures is needed to troubleshoot these kinds of issues.

Old 05-18-2018, 04:57 PM
Sequence of events

I have not replaced any modules, physically in the car.

I followed your sequence of events and here are the screenshots in order of events:

I get 4A if I select Replace ECM or Register Key

I get 4B if I select Replace BCM

For either option, I enter the Pin code and then get stuck at Screenshot 5. I put the FOB in and turn On the ignition and the car does not program it. I just get stuck regardless.

Also, do I need to pair the BCM and ECM since I never replaced any hardware ? How does that work ?

Thanks so much.

Neal

Attached Thumbnails Need help with Consult III Plus-1screenimage.png   Need help with Consult III Plus-2screenimage.png   Need help with Consult III Plus-3screenimage.png   Need help with Consult III Plus-4ascreenimage.png   Need help with Consult III Plus-4bscreenimage.png  

Need help with Consult III Plus-5screenimage.png  
Old 05-18-2018, 05:22 PM
Picture of dash with any Key Fob in fob slot

Ever since I erased the previous keys, I can now turn on the Ignition to ON when a fob is inserted in the Fob slot (see screenshot).

Attached Thumbnails Need help with Consult III Plus-untitled.png  
Old 05-18-2018, 06:42 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Ok at what point are you putting the fob into the slot to unlock the vehicle, the ECU failed test means either you have the fob in the ignition and the steering is already unlocked (fob doesn't go in until much later) or your PIN number entered is wrong.

Where did you get the PIN number from, the decoder should have given you TWO PIN numbers, one for pre-2008 and one for 2008+ they are different numbers and you MUST use the 2008+ PIN number.

Was the steering actually unlocked when you got that error?

Old 05-19-2018, 07:34 AM
Pin must be correct

I'm pretty sure the PIN I'm using is correct, as it was this pin which allowed me to erase the keys and I am using the new PIN:

Encrypted Pin: 00C91 converts to7668-OLD, 7465 -NEW

I used the 7465 and that has led me to this point. I believe I have gotten the vehicle stuck in some intermediate state. Can you elaborate more on the tethering between the ECM and BCM ? Could it be that I inadvertently untethered the 2 modules ?

Thanks.

Old 05-19-2018, 11:44 AM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
No I thought you had replaced the BCM, I misunderstood your first post. That would be the correct PIN you used (as long as the decrypter worked properly). Is the steering wheel actually unlocked when you get that errror message?

Old 05-19-2018, 01:09 PM
Ever since I erased the keys, I don't believe the steering wheel ever locks anymore.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:15 PM
BANNED!!!

Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Run the BCM and ECU self-diagnostic, something must be screwed up in them. I would VERIFY the steering wheel isn't unlocked on that error step though.

The following users liked this post:
NealMehe (05-23-2018)