G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   General Tech Questions (https://g35driver.com/forums/general-tech-questions-189/)
-   -   Driver's window doesn't close anymore (https://g35driver.com/forums/general-tech-questions/138222-drivers-window-doesnt-close-anymore.html)

traian 02-04-2007 03:36 PM

Driver's window doesn't close anymore

At least I live in California so I don't have to wory about -25F weather but my driver's door window doesn't come up anymore.

I was at the park, it got very hot and from a distance I used the remote to open the windows (kept the "unlock" button on the remote pressed, which after a while will open both, passanger and driver windows). When I left from the park I didn't try to close the windows (as it was still hot !) but when I got home, I was able to close the passanger's window but no the driver's. It's dead.

Does anybody has any ideas about this (I don't want to leave my car parked at work or anywhere outside with my window wide open) ?

EricIsKlumzyee 02-04-2007 03:38 PM

motor probably took a carp.. if you have warranty take it to infiniti

- Eric

AAClaire420 02-04-2007 04:08 PM

yeah I have a brand new coupe and my drivers window has already acted up twice

they just replaced the motor under warranty

good luck getting it fixed

the dealer scratched my bumper while they had it and I still havent gotten it back =( on monday it will be a whole week

traian 02-04-2007 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by AAClaire420
yeah I have a brand new coupe and my drivers window has already acted up twice

they just replaced the motor under warranty

good luck getting it fixed

the dealer scratched my bumper while they had it and I still havent gotten it back =( on monday it will be a whole week

That's bad news ! I have just over 50k miles (it's a 04 Coupe) so if they don't do it in the warranty, I'll be screwed.

It may be a stupid question, but could it have anything to do with the fact that I used the remote to get the windows down ? Anybody else has any other ideas that I can try ?

jgainnm 02-04-2007 07:01 PM

Your warranty should be 4 yrs or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.

OSKIRE 02-04-2007 07:16 PM

I'm having the same problem with my G....i'm gonna bring it in for the 9 month service...i have to open and shut my driver door to have the window working. I also had a problem just this morning when heading to work...my player is not reading CD's...it was working fine then went to the next disc and gave a "check disc" error....stealership...HERE I COME!

zeroscythe 02-04-2007 07:46 PM

got this advice from the dealer "pound the door and the window will slowly wind up, then bring it in to replace the motor"... its kinda of an odd way to fix it, but i had the same problem... i pounded on the door and the window will slowly roll up...

biada 02-04-2007 08:13 PM

stop closing ur door by grabbing the window. that should prevent future problems.

mswc 02-04-2007 09:39 PM

I had the same problem. Motor was blown so my drivers side was stuck in the up position. Took it to the dealership and had it fixed under the warranty.

AAClaire420 02-04-2007 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by biada
stop closing ur door by grabbing the window. that should prevent future problems.

my car has 3000 miles on it and I have not once closed it by grabbing the window ( who would do that to their car anyways? It would leave nasty fingerprints in the glass...)

It is known that our cars have faulty window motors....they just go out for no reason

traian 02-04-2007 10:55 PM

Thanks everybody for their answers. I'll take it to the dealership as soon as possible.

Meatshackle 02-05-2007 03:24 AM

I had mine replaced under warranty when it was about 2 years old. My driver side is starting to act up again but this one will be on my dime. Dam motors aren't cheap.

icab 03-27-2007 11:20 PM

This started happening to my passenger window. It gets stuck all the way down. When you press up, can yo hear a "click" sound?

I am taking it to the dealership soon, but in the meantime, if this is happening to you, open the door and *slam* it shut. Hit it pretty hard and you will hear a different "clunk" when the door shuts. You can then roll up the window.

Meatshackle 03-28-2007 04:04 AM

I'm a big fan of the moving threads into their rightful subforum but I tend to think this should have stayed in the general coupe forum. I thought the audio, video, electronic subforum was for aftermarket mods.

Audio, Video & Electronics (2 Viewing)
Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Hmmmmmm

Gilley 03-28-2007 11:03 AM

I thought this was a strange thread to have in the AV forum. Send it back to the general coupe forum.