G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   General Tech Questions (https://g35driver.com/forums/general-tech-questions-189/)
-   -   Trunk lid won't open - suggestions? (https://g35driver.com/forums/general-tech-questions/210892-trunk-lid-wont-open-suggestions.html)

yellowshirt 03-25-2008 02:36 AM

Trunk lid won't open - suggestions?

Hi,

Ran into a problem yesterday - I have a 2003.5 Coupe and the trunk lid won't open. I have never had this problem before and last opened the trunk about 8 hours before it was stuck. So far, I have:

1) checked the switch in the glovebox and tried the trunk release on the driver's side
2) turned the car on and off and then tried again
3) pushed down on the trunk lid to make sure it isn't obstructed by something in the latch
4) tried my second key fob

No luck so far. Any other suggestions (short of going back to the dealership)? I am out of the warranty period so if there is anything else I can try, I would like to give it a shot.

Is there any other way to get into the trunk for the coupe?

Thanks!

LjN_728 03-25-2008 02:51 AM

Check the fuse. The only other way I know would require you to pull the back seats down to gain entry through the cabin of the vehicle. There's the emergency trunk release. Stupid thing is the only way to release the seats is from inside the trunk.

Beebo 03-25-2008 03:46 AM

^^+1

officerdbag 03-25-2008 07:12 AM

Do you hear the "clunk" noise when you are pushing the button on your keyfob or pushing the switch down on the drivers side? If not, then I'm positive its a fuse.

yellowshirt 03-25-2008 10:59 AM

Thanks - there is no clunk.
How do I check the fuse?

chewy 03-25-2008 11:11 AM

Your harness for the trunk is probably broken. Need to get a new harness. This happened to me and I got it replaced at the dealer for a lot of $$$.

There is a way to release the back seats to gain entry to the trunk. Reach in between the back rest and the centre console (between the seats) and there should be a red string. Pull on that and the back seat will come down. It is hidden underneath the back rest so you have to reach under it to get at it.

LjN_728 03-25-2008 01:06 PM

^ That's right...i forgot about the red cable wedged in the seats.

Look in the manual for the fusebox locations. I believe, and I could be wrong, one's located on the driver's side kick panel area and the other in the engine bay.

GR8TG35 03-25-2008 01:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by LjN_728
Check the fuse. The only other way I know would require you to pull the back seats down to gain entry through the cabin of the vehicle. There's the emergency trunk release. Stupid thing is the only way to release the seats is from inside the trunk.

Thats not true,

I always thought the only way to put the seats down was from the trunk.

When cleaning my car, I found the release for the seats. You will need to stick you hand in between the seat back and bottom right in the middle of the rear seat.
Attachment 235174

If you feel around, you will find a red nylon strap/pull.
Attachment 235175
If you tug on the pull, the seat back will be released and you can fold down the seat from inside the car.
Attachment 235176

It took me months before I realized they had tucked that pull in the seat area.

Its supposed to stick out, but when you put the back seat down, it pulls it under and hides it quite well from most owners..

Go check, you will find the missing release in there.:D

dumaG35 03-25-2008 03:20 PM

awesome thanx for the pix gr8tg35....big help!!!

lekker_droom 03-25-2008 03:28 PM

is that rolex?

BlueDevilBAMF 03-25-2008 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by lekker_droom
is that rolex?

Haha sure looks like it... :biggthumpup:

And I had no idea about that strap!

Very glad it exists!

GR8TG35 03-25-2008 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by lekker_droom
is that rolex?

Yes ;)

officerdbag 03-25-2008 03:36 PM

haha! pimpin the rolex! Thanks for the info Gr8tG35

officerdbag 03-25-2008 03:38 PM

Usually on the fuse box cover there is a diagram telling you what each fuse is... I know there is one by the driver side door where you'd rest your left foot while driving... and if there is a fuse box under the hood, the trunk fuse is more likely located there.

Mike_Deezy 03-25-2008 03:39 PM

I had no idea that strap was there, awesome.