G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   General Tech Questions (https://g35driver.com/forums/general-tech-questions-189/)
-   -   BOTH windows not working, Windows motors good! (https://g35driver.com/forums/general-tech-questions/287224-both-windows-not-working-windows-motors-good.html)

Strtsk8r321 05-11-2009 12:24 AM

BOTH windows not working, Windows motors good!

UPDATE:

I am so frustrated! I took my car into OC Nissan to have it inspected and they said that the problem is that the new motor I put it in is defective and the passenger one is working now but looks like it is also starting to go out.

So I end up spending $400 for another motor and have them put it in. Of course everything works great now!

My problem is I spent $170 for a "BRAND NEW" window motor on ebay and thats the one that came and was defective. The seller is refusing to give me a refund and is saying me or the dealer broke the window motor putting it in.

What should I do?? Can anyone give me advice on how I can get my money back? I filed a paypal claim but have little faith in that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Post

Okay heres the story. My drivers side window motor went out so I replaced it using the DIY. After it was replaced I couldnt get it to reset via the factory reset instructions.

Then all of a sudden the window wouldnt go up and down AT ALL.

I waited a day or so and then turned the car on and both windows rolled up and down fine besides the fact that I could get the auto-up and the drivers side door motor to reset.

Now like 4 days later I turn the car on again and both the drives and passenger side window switches dont work in the car, nor do the windows go down on with the key fob.

Can someone help me diagnose the problem? I am thinking about taking it in OC Nissan to have them diagnose and probably fix the problem, but it will probably end up being pricey, so I want to do whatever I can first, or at least know what the problem is.

Thanks for your help in advance! :)

dieselaznrock 05-11-2009 12:27 AM

bump, interesting question

Cloud_35 05-11-2009 12:45 AM

Accidentally press window lock?

vipers 05-11-2009 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Strtsk8r321 (Post 4205992)
Okay heres the story. My drivers side window motor went out so I replaced it using the DIY. After it was replaced I couldnt get it to reset via the factory reset instructions.

What does that mean? When I replaced mine I just ripped apart the door, installed the motor and all was said and done. If you used a reputable DIY thread from this site then I'm sure your install was done correctly, but do you think maybe you got the wrong motor? GL

Jay15 05-11-2009 12:27 PM

you may have tripped the circuit and blown a fuse. check the fuse box.

TofuProductions 05-11-2009 01:29 PM

fuse.

Strtsk8r321 05-11-2009 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by vipers (Post 4206171)
What does that mean? When I replaced mine I just ripped apart the door, installed the motor and all was said and done. If you used a reputable DIY thread from this site then I'm sure your install was done correctly, but do you think maybe you got the wrong motor? GL

Because when I finished everytime the door opened it would keep going down an inch instead back up when the door closed, so as the thread stated I need to simply reset the motor, but that didnt work.

Strtsk8r321 05-14-2009 02:23 AM

updated original post with my paypal / ebay situation! please help!