General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

G35 Limp mode and water leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Limp mode and water leak

Hi all,

So I just picked up an '08 G35x two days ago. Was in great condition, only 25k miles, detailed service records from carfax show it was serviced by dealer every 3500 miles, etc....

Drives great last two days...today I'm at work, we have a massive storm come through, and it pours rain for nearly an hour (flash flood warnings, etc). It finally lets up and I get to the car....it starts up like normal, then immediately stalls. Fire it again, it runs, but very weak, I try to give gas, it won't go over 1k RPM. Getting check engine, VDC and SLIM lights.

Needless to say I'm not happy..try it several more times, same story....try to drive, it will go maybe 5 mph. I park and try to figure out what to do....then notice the passenger floor is soaked with water....like almost a puddle. I soon see it's dripping from behind the glove box.

Try it a few more times, it finally starts up and gives just the check engine. Drives perfectly normal all the way home and into garage. I do my best to dry up the carpet, pull it back and try to dry under as well. Opened all windows to let it air out.

But now it's still doing the same "limp mode", with the 3 lights and no RPM.

Not a happy start to Infinity ownership. Any thoughts? Thanks!