General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Ignition switch is frozen

Old 07-19-2017, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ignition switch is frozen

Bought my 07 g35 coupeAT about 4 months ago, out in the streets. Everything seemed to be working fine, no problems till I decided I wanted to add a subwoofer to my coupe, so of course I disconnected the battery. After I finished my installation I connected my battery back and now my ignition switch is frozen 😞 Won't turn at all ,steering wheel isn't locked because I can turn It a little. Not sure what can be the problem I'm stuck. Also when I bought the car it only came with the keys no FOB because they were lost.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:05 PM
Did you add new wiring, or just go off the stock wires & bose amp?

Old 07-20-2017, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Isaac Vazquez
Bought my 07 g35 coupeAT about 4 months ago, out in the streets. Everything seemed to be working fine, no problems till I decided I wanted to add a subwoofer to my coupe, so of course I disconnected the battery. After I finished my installation I connected my battery back and now my ignition switch is frozen �� Won't turn at all ,steering wheel isn't locked because I can turn It a little. Not sure what can be the problem I'm stuck. Also when I bought the car it only came with the keys no FOB because they were lost.
Call AAA and have them tow it to the nearest Infiniti dealer.
Perhaps it has been immobilized by the security system without the FOBs?

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu.../Coupe/2003/bl

"VIS (INFINITI VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM-NATS)
BL-123
Revision; 2004 April
2003 G35 Coupe
System Description
AIS00280
IVIS (INFINITI VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM-NATS) has the following immobilizer functions:

Since only IVIS (NATS) ignition keys, whose ID nos. have been registered into the ECM and BCM (NATS
control unit), allow the engine to run, operation of a stolen vehicle without a IVIS (NATS) registered key is
prevented by IVIS (NATS).
That is to say, IVIS (NATS) will immobilize the engine if someone tries to start it without the registered key
of IVIS (NATS).

All of the originally supplied ignition key IDs (except for card plate key) have been IVIS (NATS) registered.
If requested by the vehicle owner, a maximum of five key IDs can be registered into the IVIS (NATS) com-
ponents.

The security indicator blinks when the ignition switch is in “OFF” or “ACC” position. Therefore, IVIS
(NATS) warns outsiders that the vehicle is equipped with the immobilizer system.

When IVIS (NATS) detects trouble, the security indicator lamp lights up while ignition key is in the “ON”
position.

IVIS (NATS) trouble diagnoses, system initialization and additional registration of other IVIS (NATS) igni-
tion key IDs must be carried out using CONSULT-II hardware and CONSULT-II IVIS (NATS) software.
When IVIS (NATS) initialization has been completed, the ID of the inserted ignition key is automatically
IVIS (NATS) registered. Then, if necessary, additional registration of other IVIS (NATS) ignition key IDs
can be carried out.
Regarding the procedures of IVIS (NATS) initialization and IVIS (NATS) ignition key ID registration, refer
to CONSULT-II Operation Manual NATS-IVIS/NVIS.

When servicing a malfunction of the IVIS (NATS) (indicated by lighting up of Security Indicator
Lamp) or registering another IVIS (NATS) ignition key ID no., it may be necessary to re-register
original key identification. Therefore, be sure to receive ALL KEYS from vehicle owner"

You should have insisted the seller provide two working FOB's as part of the sale.

Telcoman

Last edited by telcoman; 07-20-2017 at 06:53 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:45 AM
Any other suggestions? Or does it necessarily have to be taken to the dealer for this problem, im a hands on guy and I have worked on my infinities. This is the only problem I can't seem to fix lol

Originally Posted by telcoman
Call AAA and have them tow it to the nearest Infiniti dealer.
Perhaps it has been immobilized by the security system without the FOBs?

http://www.nicoclub.com/service-manu.../Coupe/2003/bl

"VIS (INFINITI VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM-NATS)
BL-123
Revision; 2004 April
2003 G35 Coupe
System Description
AIS00280
IVIS (INFINITI VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM-NATS) has the following immobilizer functions:

Since only IVIS (NATS) ignition keys, whose ID nos. have been registered into the ECM and BCM (NATS
control unit), allow the engine to run, operation of a stolen vehicle without a IVIS (NATS) registered key is
prevented by IVIS (NATS).
That is to say, IVIS (NATS) will immobilize the engine if someone tries to start it without the registered key
of IVIS (NATS).

All of the originally supplied ignition key IDs (except for card plate key) have been IVIS (NATS) registered.
If requested by the vehicle owner, a maximum of five key IDs can be registered into the IVIS (NATS) com-
ponents.

The security indicator blinks when the ignition switch is in “OFF” or “ACC” position. Therefore, IVIS
(NATS) warns outsiders that the vehicle is equipped with the immobilizer system.

When IVIS (NATS) detects trouble, the security indicator lamp lights up while ignition key is in the “ON”
position.

IVIS (NATS) trouble diagnoses, system initialization and additional registration of other IVIS (NATS) igni-
tion key IDs must be carried out using CONSULT-II hardware and CONSULT-II IVIS (NATS) software.
When IVIS (NATS) initialization has been completed, the ID of the inserted ignition key is automatically
IVIS (NATS) registered. Then, if necessary, additional registration of other IVIS (NATS) ignition key IDs
can be carried out.
Regarding the procedures of IVIS (NATS) initialization and IVIS (NATS) ignition key ID registration, refer
to CONSULT-II Operation Manual NATS-IVIS/NVIS.

When servicing a malfunction of the IVIS (NATS) (indicated by lighting up of Security Indicator
Lamp) or registering another IVIS (NATS) ignition key ID no., it may be necessary to re-register
original key identification. Therefore, be sure to receive ALL KEYS from vehicle owner"

You should have insisted the seller provide two working FOB's as part of the sale.

Telcoman

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.