G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   General Tech Questions (https://g35driver.com/forums/general-tech-questions-189/)
-   -   Problem with my car. Please help. (https://g35driver.com/forums/general-tech-questions/460822-problem-my-car-please-help.html)

Itz_Kuma 08-12-2017 04:42 PM

Problem with my car. Please help.

Hi. Im new to the forums but I wanted to see if anyone could help my with my G35.

So I have a 2005 G35 Coupe but I recently did some engine work and disconnected the battery but now after I finished the car doesn't want to start.

Symptoms: The fans turn on right when I turn the key to the open position.
The red light for the alarm stays on when I try to start the car.
Lastly the car cranks but doesn't turn on.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance. :)

FreshLikeAG 08-12-2017 05:11 PM

share what the work done on your car was
do you have a spare key? try it if you do
my buddy had a problem with his truck when his ignition switch stopped recognizing his key. ended up being because of his aftermarket alarm system

Itz_Kuma 08-12-2017 05:17 PM

Well I changed the rear main seal because it was leaking oil. We had to remove the transmission though. Other than that everything was working perfect before, The car ran smoothly and started up with no problems.

Itz_Kuma 08-12-2017 05:18 PM

Also the car still has the stock alarm system.

cleric670 08-12-2017 06:50 PM

Any codes when you hook up an OBD2 scanner?

coffeysm 08-12-2017 07:12 PM

If the light stays on I think that's the immo system preventing the car from starting up.

Maybe a relay is stuck in the open position. They are in the IPDM box and I think there are three of them, so I would check them.

cleric670 08-12-2017 08:54 PM

His motor will crank though, the immobilizer will prevent it from cranking. I think he's either having a cam sensor/crank sensor/fuel pump issue but need to start with an obd2 scan and checking all harnesses/wiring that was touched during the transmission removal.

telcoman 08-13-2017 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Itz_Kuma (Post 7114558)
Hi. Im new to the forums but I wanted to see if anyone could help my with my G35.

So I have a 2005 G35 Coupe but I recently did some engine work and disconnected the battery but now after I finished the car doesn't want to start.

Symptoms: The fans turn on right when I turn the key to the open position.
The red light for the alarm stays on when I try to start the car.
Lastly the car cranks but doesn't turn on.

Any help would be appreciated and thank you in advance. :)

Call AAA and have it towed to the nearest Infiniti dealer. They can tell you why its not starting. Don't start guessing and throwing parts at it until you know the root cause.

Just my $.02

Telcoman

gary c 08-13-2017 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by telcoman (Post 7114617)
Call AAA and have it towed to the nearest Infiniti dealer. They can tell you why its not starting. Don't start guessing and throwing parts at it until you know the root cause.
Just my $.02
Telcoman

If this ^ is your choice take it to Nissan, they charge 30% less than the Infiniti Stealership and use the exact same parts and tools! My opinion they're better trained at Nissan...my .02 cents! :NOD:
Gary

telcoman 08-13-2017 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by gary c (Post 7114620)
If this ^ is your choice take it to Nissan, they charge 30% less than the Infiniti Stealership and use the exact same parts and tools! My opinion they're better trained at Nissan...my .02 cents! :NOD:
Gary

I'm not so sure about 30% less. My wife just had 4 wheel brakes replaced on her Altima at the Nissan dealer. Nissan charges $249 for the front ant $249 for the rear and includes turning the rotors. Infiniti charges $279 for each axle a difference of approximately 7%.

As for troubleshooting a complex issue the OP can decide whether to go cheap and possibly pay twice or can pay up front a little more, obtain a loaner from Infiniti and find out the root cause.
I don't believe any Nissan dealer is going to provide a loaner to an Infiniti owner especially for a vehicle purchased elsewhere.

Also the OP did not mention whether he had the key FOB or just the key?
If he did not have the FOB that could possibly be the reason the vehicle won't start?

And Gary, are you sure the Consult lll software is the same for both Infiniti and Nissan?
Also at Infiniti there are other trained techs that can be consulted for troubleshooting a complex fault

Telcoman

coffeysm 08-13-2017 12:36 PM

I'm pretty sure the Consult software is the same at Nissan/Infiniti, I have a Chinese Consult III that uses the same software. I just can't do anything with keys or security and it's all the same crap. They hook it up and it auto senses the car or they manually select it.

I buy my parts from Nissan where they are in fact cheaper. If the parts guy likes you he can even look up parts for your Infiniti. The major issue I have run into is sometimes the Nissan dealer won't work on the Infiniti for "political reasons". For example, I now live in a smaller area with only one Nissan/Infiniti dealer. The Nissan service guy said they "couldn't" work on my car with a bunch of BS and gave me the name of the woman who's a service writer at Infiniti. When I lived in Tampa or had to go to Miami to get work done, I didn't have this problem due to the amount of dealers all in the area.

I do believe the red light staying on though means something is wrong with IMMO system.

Itz_Kuma 08-13-2017 01:53 PM

Hey sorry for the lack of replies.

So here's an update when I try to connect the OBD Scanner it tell me there's "No Link" so my scanner can't help at the moment. Thing number two when I put the key to the open position the SES( Service Engine Soon) light doesn't come on, which I found weird. So where and which fuse is for the SES light?

Again Thank you for your time and help :biggthumpup:

cleric670 08-14-2017 12:08 PM

There isn't a specific fuse for that lamp, either the lamp itself is burned out someone intentionally sabotaged it (shady car dealers do this...).

What exactly was this "engine work" that you did?