General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Cracking radiators

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 04:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cracking radiators

I have an 05 g35 coupe. I noticed I was losing coolant then I noticed I had a crack next the the return on the front of the radiator that was getting bigger. I bought a new radiator and installed it been about 3 weeks and my new one cracked in the same place. I do not want to replace again and have same problem. What could be causing it to crack? The coolant levels have not gotten low until this new crack appeared. Any help would be appreciated. The car does not over heat before it cracks the radiator. It has over heated once and that was before I replaced and found the crack the first time

Last edited by MasterNewb96; 08-13-2018 at 04:53 AM. Reason: More details
Old 08-13-2018, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by MasterNewb96
I have an 05 g35 coupe. I noticed I was losing coolant then I noticed I had a crack next the the return on the front of the radiator that was getting bigger. I bought a new radiator and installed it been about 3 weeks and my new one cracked in the same place. I do not want to replace again and have same problem. What could be causing it to crack? The coolant levels have not gotten low until this new crack appeared. Any help would be appreciated. The car does not over heat before it cracks the radiator. It has over heated once and that was before I replaced and found the crack the first time
If you paid by credit card either get a free replacement or your money back

Lots of cheap poor quality automobile parts out there
Dealers avoid using them and that is why you get what you pay for.

Telcoman