General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Will unlocking a 2004 G35 Coupe with the key trigger the factory alarm?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 10:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 Coupe AT in Blue
Will unlocking a 2004 G35 Coupe with the key trigger the factory alarm?

I recently bought a G35 coupe and the power lock actuators don't work so I have to lock my doors manually. I recently tested the alarm by opening the door after locking the car and arming the alarm and it went off, but I'm not sure if it will go off if I or someone else unlocks the door with the keyhole. Does my programmed key automatically disable the alarm since it's programmed to the car?

Old 04-19-2019, 11:22 AM
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
By the way, welcome to the forum.

I still find it odd that BOTH your actuators failed at the same moment. I suppose anything is possible and I know that's what you said your mechanic said, but looking at those two fuses is real easy and I suggest you double check that yourself. It would be good for you to familiarize yourself with the car's fuses.

If you haven't already tried it ... unlocking your car with the physical key should shut off the alarm system. And I believe locking it that way should activate the system. So for the moment, leaving your passenger door locked and using the physical key to lock and unlock your driver's door is the secure way to go. You may not be old enough to remember but that used to be our only option.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:48 AM
Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts
One owner 2004 G35 Coupe 6MT
Locking/unlocking with the key will not arm/disarm the alarm. I know this because both actuators on my coupe are partially or non-functional, depending on how hot it is outside.

Old 04-19-2019, 01:04 PM
Received 369 Likes on 337 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeG35Coupe
Locking/unlocking with the key will not arm/disarm the alarm. I know this because both actuators on my coupe are partially or non-functional, depending on how hot it is outside.
Yes it will.

Old 04-19-2019, 10:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 Coupe AT in Blue
Originally Posted by 05_SkylineSedan
By the way, welcome to the forum.

I still find it odd that BOTH your actuators failed at the same moment. I suppose anything is possible and I know that's what you said your mechanic said, but looking at those two fuses is real easy and I suggest you double check that yourself. It would be good for you to familiarize yourself with the car's fuses.

If you haven't already tried it ... unlocking your car with the physical key should shut off the alarm system. And I believe locking it that way should activate the system. So for the moment, leaving your passenger door locked and using the physical key to lock and unlock your driver's door is the secure way to go. You may not be old enough to remember but that used to be our only option.
Thanks man, I'm super happy to be here and you guys seem super nice and helpful, hopefully I'll be able to contribute to discussions and whatnot soon lol. & yeah the alarm never went off when I used the key to unlock the car which led me to believe for a bit that maybe my car didn't even have an alarm, but I tested it out today and I do in fact have a working alarm. I'll definitely look into finding something to test those fuses with, but using the key to lock/unlock isn't the worst thing in the world so I'll manage for now haha.& I do in fact remember cars without power locks, thank you very much