G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   General Tech Questions (https://g35driver.com/forums/general-tech-questions-189/)
-   -   Doing 30k Service myself..whats needed (https://g35driver.com/forums/general-tech-questions/80868-doing-30k-service-myself-whats-needed.html)

JuicedAthletics 01-08-2006 03:28 PM

Doing 30k Service myself..whats needed

I have 3 manuals with 3 different lists of items to be changed. I can't get a definate answer anywhere... What do I need to buy and or service on my 04.5 6mt coupe...

HokieZ 01-08-2006 05:16 PM

Should be in the service manual that came with the car.

EricIsKlumzyee 01-08-2006 05:29 PM

Check Belts
Check Plugs
Clean the MAF sensor
Air Filter/Clean aftermarket filter (if dirty)
Check In-Cab filter
I would do a coolant change
Tranny/Dif change
Oil Change/Filter
Check Tires, Tire pressure, torque lug nuts

not necessarly the nissan 30k but just some things to do if ur bored

sage 01-08-2006 06:58 PM

The Premium Maintenance list in the service manual is what the dealership is suppose to do.

Can you pls post how much you end up spending ($ for parts and time). It would be nice to see the price difference compared to what the dealership charges. My local Infiniti dealer charges $499.

JuicedAthletics 01-08-2006 11:37 PM

Thanks...

Yea I will post what I do and how much everything costs.. The reason I am asking is because the service manual that came with the car is different than; the dealership, the online infiniti service webpage and the nissan dealer. I was just wondering what guys have replaced that did their 30k service..

My local dealership wants 600. I will itemize everything I do. Here is what I have so far.

Change Oil/Filter.
Change Air Filter.
Change Micro Filter.
Change and Flush Coolant.
Change Rear Diff Fluid.
Ill check everything I can.. Anything I am missing?

EricIsKlumzyee 01-09-2006 02:38 AM

include what i've listed.. if your AT they might include a tranny flush too..

Infiniti shop times to $ are something like
$200 for breaks (a pair)
$200 for flushes (yep careful)
and rest is less then $50.. =\

when u go ask for a discount.. iono if it is true at all infiniti dealers but managers and advisors are able to give 10%

G35MC 01-09-2006 09:17 AM

How do u prove if you are doing the service urself? for warranty purposes? from a shop, at least you have a receipt.

2Evolved 01-09-2006 10:57 AM

+1.. see I'm curious to know if you don't have major maintanence schedule such as 30k, 60k, etc... how this will effect infiniti warranty.

Beowulf 01-09-2006 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by 2Evolved
+1.. see I'm curious to know if you don't have major maintanence schedule such as 30k, 60k, etc... how this will effect infiniti warranty.

Everyone asks this and there's no firm answer. A dealer will tell you to ensure your warrenty coverage you should have them done, but thats really more so they can get your service money.

At the end of the day it depends on how fussy the particular dealer is and what the problem is that you need repaired under warranty.

If the type of problem you are having looks like could be a result of bad maintenance such as not changing the oil or a bad A/C because the microfilter is clogged, they can deny you coverage if they can prove that your lack of maintenance caused the damage. The prove goes both ways. They may ask for prove that you did the maintenance, but really they have to prove you did not do it to deny you coverage. I think if you ask around the most common denials of service are done because of aftermarket parts and not service checks...

The 30k checkup is mostly filters and inspections; the tranny and coolant change is deemed "only if necessary" after inspections in the service manual.

sage 01-09-2006 11:51 AM

Your receipt is one way to prove that you at least purchased the parts that needed to be repaired.

Maybe you should take and save pics of the old parts you removed and the new parts you installed? Better safe than sorry...

LjN_728 01-09-2006 12:08 PM

Don't think the dealer cares if you used genuine Nissan parts if you're doing your own maintainance. What if you did something wrong, didn't tighten bolt, etc...? Dealer can find some stupid excuse to void your warranty.

HokieZ 01-09-2006 12:45 PM

I believe this has been tried in the courts before (imagine that) and the receipt of purchasing the requiste parts was good enough to prove the recommended work has been done. That was reasonable proof the work had been done as who would know enough to pruchase all those things, then not do the work to install them. The funny thing is, my Jeep has 146,000 miles on it, and the only things I've ever changed are the coolant, oil, and transmission fluid (once). It has the original brake fluid (holy crap!), differential, transfer case, all that jazz and she's still a trooper. I would in no way recommend that as a course of action though.

twitch 01-09-2006 01:04 PM

take a look at this thread:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=charge

it provides a hefty list and some other information such as avs007's post regarding warranty denial.

Good luck!

Scott