G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Intake & Exhaust (https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust-23/)
-   -   Top Speed Pro N1 exhaust w test pipes? (https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust/104937-top-speed-pro-n1-exhaust-w-test-pipes.html)

425skyline 06-23-2006 03:04 PM

Top Speed Pro N1 exhaust w test pipes?

I wanted to know what the difference is on resonated and non-resonated test pipes is on the g35? is it just raspiness or is there something else? My main goal is sound not necessarily performance, and also i dont want to have any issues or problems with it either.

i am planning to buy a Top Speed Pro N1 exhaust because I think it's the loudest AND best sounding one there is, it's just perfect for me if the videos I see on this page and else where of that blue 350z are correctly representing the product (anyone know?)

also i wanted to do a straight pipe system and possibly upgrade the headers... now would the test pipes ruin the sound? or just amplify it even more (which is what i want).

any suggestions would help.. and if anyone is selling one please send me a PM, im trying to buy it for cheaper than the 700 they offer on their website!

thanks a lot guys

LIUser 06-24-2006 05:07 PM

resonated takes some of the rasp away

425skyline 06-24-2006 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by LIUser
resonated takes some of the rasp away

do you think that the rasp will be pretty noticable on the sound that Top Speed produces?

Are resonated substantially quieter or all they do is remove the rasp?

blazinZ 06-24-2006 11:11 PM

i have a top speed style exhaust w/ helix non-res. test pipes let me tell you there will be rasp and it will be loud.

even if you get the reson. pipes it will tone it down a little. but thats it... so much so that it might not even be that noticable.

425skyline 06-25-2006 12:27 AM

so i guess i should lean towards no test pipes then?

i wish there was a way to make the Top Speed sound even more amplified w/o changing the tone or making it sound all raspy..

perhaps weaponR intake and a plenum spacer? headers?

truplay8 06-25-2006 02:23 AM

dont really need the test pipes.........sounds mean as it is, jst grab some intake also to compliment it

425skyline 06-25-2006 05:03 AM

just heard this BMW 3 series couple weeks ago.. had a rogue exhaust, straight pipes (no cats)... sounded mean as hell, not really raspy at all... kind of fell in love with the sound

figured i'd just amplify the Top Speed sound, but apparently that will only make it worse!

Thinking of going with the WeaponR short ram intake 3.5" piping, and a plenum spacer.

Would headers make it louder/deeper? any quality brands you could suggest if it increases the sound?

thanks for the input so far guys

draxxus07 06-25-2006 12:34 PM

headers go with strup, u cant beat them for price and ease of install... and yes they will deepen/louden your exhaust. If you go with test pipes take a look at Fast Intentions test pipes, they have a fat resonator so theres almost no rasp

425skyline 06-25-2006 01:07 PM

do those Fast Inentions pipes deepen or make the tone louder?