G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Intake & Exhaust (https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust-23/)
-   -   injen exhaust (https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust/10874-injen-exhaust.html)

tolsty2 10-05-2003 06:31 PM

injen exhaust

i would like to know what you guys think about the injen SES catback exhaust that they made. My friend that owns a motorsport company called AA motorsports told me that his friend got it with the race division injen intake, which i have, added 35 hp to the wheels and 30 lbs. of torque.

p.s: the injen race division intake is the nicest sound in the world and it is lound i sounds like a ferrari. NO JOKE. Best $250 i spent and it adds 10hp

RamboRami 10-05-2003 07:18 PM

Re: injen exhaust

hey, your numbers are way off

injen catback= 10whp MAX
injen cai=5whp MAX

Yep, the CAI sounds sweet, like any ole' non-restrictive intake does [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

About the injen exhaust though, i like the sound of it, but i dont like the looks of it, im talking about the finishers/tips.

For the money, right now Borla true dual catback is still #1

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust

amg35 10-05-2003 07:51 PM

Were these increases confirmed with a dyno?

Thanks,

amG35
2003 Silver Sedan

Carlos3186 10-05-2003 08:06 PM

injen claims 14 rwhp for the intake and 17rwhp for the exhaust then if u have both they claim a gain for 23 rwhp. this is from injen but i have a feeling that data is some what close to the real thing.

nuttyprof 10-05-2003 08:21 PM

is he having any problems with stalling? or picking up rocks and dirt from the ground?

G35S 6MT
K&N Typhoon intake
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts (soon)
6-wire ground kit

Pearl_G 10-06-2003 11:43 AM

I had my exhaust/intake dynoed at Injen when it was installed by them, it was 27 RWHP gain to the wheels! The HP gain was at all RPM range at all gears, Borla however was dynoed HP gain at 4500+ RPM only, and loss of Torque at low RPMs..

<font color=white>Pearl Ivory</font color=white> G35 Coupe 6MT Prem/SplashG/BSM, <font color=red>Injen CAI</font color=red>, <font color=red>Injen Super SES</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by Pearl_G on 10/06/03 08:43 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

petrog35 10-06-2003 01:56 PM

how loud is the injen ses exhaust compared to stock?

5AT/DG/Premium/4pc.Aero
Injen CAI
Aluminum Pedals
18" Factory Chrome Wheels

tolsty2 10-06-2003 02:57 PM

yes that is what he says

Pearl_G 10-06-2003 03:15 PM

Hey Tolsty, is your friend at AA name Homer?

<font color=white>Pearl Ivory</font color=white> G35 Coupe 6MT Prem/SplashG/BSM, <font color=red>Injen CAI</font color=red>, <font color=red>Injen Super SES</font color=red>

Carlos3186 10-06-2003 04:00 PM

i think i may have asked u this befor but what the hell i will ask u again. if ur inejn exhaust the for the 350z of is it for the G. did u modifie the 350z one?

Pearl_G 10-06-2003 04:15 PM

Yea I got the exhaust from Ron/Paul at Injen, it was their final prototype exhaust before it was sent to production.. It is made for G35 Coupes. It should be available on the market this month. The Super SES is really a good exhaust. For some of you who are getting the Borla, I sincerely think you should hold out for the Super SES, you would not be disappointed. It is a little louder but it is a deep strong sound accompanied with the engine roar/intake whistle.

<font color=white>Pearl Ivory</font color=white> G35 Coupe 6MT Prem/SplashG/BSM, <font color=red>Injen CAI</font color=red>, <font color=red>Injen Super SES</font color=red>

DbSQjunkie 10-07-2003 11:03 PM

I spoke with the guys at Injen Yesterday, they will be releasing the G35 Coupe system after its debut at the SEMA show in November.
I'll be patient..its the best system available to date.

Kozlikracing19 10-07-2003 11:09 PM

To lazy to read your response, but I think the INJEN exhaust looks DAMN ugly, no matter what HP you gain.

L8rz...
Chris

narkotic 10-07-2003 11:11 PM

Am I so wrong for not wanting to put american parts on my japanese piece of art? I don't know, I just don't feel right. Most of the stuff i've put on my G are direct skyline parts shipped from japan or japanese. When I had my chevy truck I put all american stuff on it.. K&N, Flowmaster, etc... but japanese craftsmanship seems to go a lot longer. I'm not trying to slam injen or borla or whatever, it's just my opinion..

04' G35 / 6MT / Tein Basic Coilovers
Volk 19" GT-7 Gunmetal

Pearl_G 10-08-2003 01:32 AM

I agree with you Narkotic, I would put all the Japanese parts myself if I could afford it all.. But exhaust is not really a big issue for me where it's from as long as it has a good performance gain, good appearance (personal taste), strong exhaust roar, and good quality. (The whole cat-back Super SES Exhaust is made of 100% 304 stainless steel, CNC mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing, CNC machined flanges, and robotic tig welding. You can't get better quality than that.)
The only downside I would have to say it is kinda loud, it is not for the faint of hearts, and it catches more attention than our G already does.

But overall, I am happy =)