G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   Intake & Exhaust (https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust-23/)
-   -   Crackling Noise?? (https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust/124854-crackling-noise.html)

TwilightBLUES 11-08-2006 05:45 PM

Crackling Noise??

Hey guys n gals

Everytime im in lower rpms, and i accel, i hear a crackling noise, kinda like there is dust in my exhaust?? Could it be i have a leak of some sort, or a crack somewhere along the exhaust system? my car is pretty low and have heard a scrap or two on bumps before. Anyone experience this before, i kno our exhausts do hang low. btw i have the borla dual system

thanks inadvance - bobby

DRG35R 11-09-2006 10:11 AM

Do you have cats as well. My system is doing the same thing and I am going to shop to have them take it down and look everything over and re-install. Could be a bad cat, leak or crack. I get a kind of raspy, rattling sound when the car starts to warm up when I accelerate. I have Crawford cats, JIC y-pipe and Fuji exhaust. There is either a problem with install or one of those parts. Anyone else have any ideas?

bert039 11-09-2006 12:42 PM

Where is the noise generally coming from? Could be that your engine is pinging.

ISMSOLUTIONS 11-09-2006 12:45 PM

DRG35R - sound like your Crawfords are cracked - pretty common actually. they cause a bind on the system and do this.

TwilightBLUES - Sounds like an exhaust leak for sure. Have all the clamps re-checked. The most common leak point on the Borla is the H pipe - most have it welded to resolve. Also, if you're bottoming out a bunch - things get loose quickly.

Rick

DRG35R 11-09-2006 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
DRG35R - sound like your Crawfords are cracked - pretty common actually. they cause a bind on the system and do this.

TwilightBLUES - Sounds like an exhaust leak for sure. Have all the clamps re-checked. The most common leak point on the Borla is the H pipe - most have it welded to resolve. Also, if you're bottoming out a bunch - things get loose quickly.

Rick

Rick,

Thanks for the advice, I think it is a combination of cracked cat and poor install myself. Shop trip will reveal the truth. I am going to take it to AAM for the check up.

TwilightBLUES 11-09-2006 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS

Rick

thanks rick for the input I guess I will be heading towards my exhaust shop asap. or do you know any better exhaust shops out in the socal area

ISMSOLUTIONS 11-10-2006 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by TwilightBLUES
thanks rick for the input I guess I will be heading towards my exhaust shop asap. or do you know any better exhaust shops out in the socal area

hmmmm...let's see....oh yea..Fast Intentions!!! :p

extreme4377 11-10-2006 01:01 AM

^+1. Fast Intentions HFC are awesome. I love mine. Ill be replacing my Injen exhaust with an Intimidator system as soon as I get my car back from the dealer. Might as well check out the system too while youre at it and replace the Borla with FI. Fast Intentions is an awesome company

diablo1356 11-10-2006 01:06 AM

not sure if its a cracked cat or a leak...from my experience and reading many posts on this topic...i think it just has to do with the HFC...everyone that has the rasp/crackle/pingingvibrating sound has HFC and it occurs when warming up..i think it just has to do with cooler exhaust gases..but im a newb and have no idea what im talking bout...by the way... i got the same sound only after installing my hfc..goes away in 2-3 min

TwilightBLUES 11-10-2006 02:25 PM

Yea that noise unfourtunately does not go away after 2-3 minutes, i think its just always there,

Hey rick where is Fast Intentions located at?

extreme4377 11-10-2006 05:32 PM

Fast Intentions has a shop in LA, North Ridge to be more precise.