Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Ebay's HKS exhaust clone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:17 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Company is x02. Honestly it is hard to beat a new exhaust for 300 dollars that actually fits well and sounds good.

Alot of people will slam on it because they paid 1400 for their HKS. But do what is best for you.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Plus the only people that have anything bad to say about the x02 exhaust are the people that dont have one.

For the money, you cant get anything better.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by officerdbag
are you comparing an $10K dollar watch thats worth half your car to a $400 dollar exhaust? I wouldn't go as far as calling someone a poser/fake just because of a catback exhaust... So I guess everyone who has an LS1 swap into their cars is a poser fake too.

After all.. We just drive a poor mans Porsche...
Yes I am making that comparison because its simple and easy to understand. Just like the watches ones real ones fake, same with the exhaust, in the end both the watches tell time and both the exhausts flow more exhaust and make more noise, one is authentic and one is not, its a perfectly reasonable comparison. Also I said not to play it off like its the real thing thats the key factor. Buying the X02 exhaust doesn't make you a poser, pretending like its an HKS does.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Company is x02. Honestly it is hard to beat a new exhaust for 300 dollars that actually fits well and sounds good.

Alot of people will slam on it because they paid 1400 for their HKS. But do what is best for you.
1) it doesn't fit the our cars well right out of the box
2) sounds is subjective

Originally Posted by officerdbag
I agree with the guy who says haters will tell you all kind of crap about this exhaust..

Haters can't face it but this exhaust sounds amazing, plain and simple. It sounds fantastic. Fitment is great, sound is great, quality is great (except for the fake titanium tips) which you can easily replace with NICER titanium tips than HKS.

My 100% non biased opinion is that this is probably the best sounding and performing N/A exhaust for our cars
. Everything else sounds the same but this sounds mean, especially on a manual.

HKS is nice and deserves its props because they are the original designers of this exhaust but I'm afraid that HKS has been beat by the knock off.

My 03 automatic G35 dynoed at 245rwhp with this exhaust, Ztube and K&N filter.

Please take this info from someone who's actually experienced this exhaust on more than one car and someone with proof.

Whatever you do, good luck and have fun with your car.

PS: This exhaust won't rust on you and will fit properly. With time, ANYTHING will rust from salty roads on snow. If a car's floorboard and stock exhaust can rust, so can anything on that car.
See the first part of my post regarding fitment and sound.

your opinion is not ubiased, LOL. facts can be unbiased, but none of what you said is factual in that it does not hold true in all circumstances. not everyone thinks it is the best sounding exhaust and it hasn't been proven that it is the best performing exhaust for an n/a g.

Last edited by Calvin; 05-16-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:31 PM
fitment is also subjective on installation as well.... You don't remember the HKS hi power having fitment issues before? When the X02 was bolted off my G and put on another persons G it fit even better on his car.. Its partially due to how people install it.

Besides, how are you going to tell me that it doesn't fit well out of the box when my X02 fit pretty much perfect. Only issue was a messed up tip because it was dropped prior to installation.

There is a huge HKS vs. X02 discussion on my350z with dyno charts proving that the X02 is a top contender in NA performance. My opinion about the performance is unbiased when I can back up my own words with my own dyno and people have shown their dynos with this exhaust as well.

Sound is pretty much based on opinion, yes.. but this is a very popular exhaust that people like for the sound.

HKS is a nice great sounding exhaust, yes..

But head to head HKS vs. X02..X02 wins hands down in comparison no doubt about that.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What trip me out is the people who say don't buy knock off's for your car is the same people who will buy Knock Off/Generic drugs for there health.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by HipHopPro
What trip me out is the people who say don't buy knock off's for your car is the same people who will buy Knock Off/Generic drugs for there health.
I know right? Who cares anyway, the value of these cars is dropping at such a huge rate right now.. Anyone will be able to afford them and all they're going to do is buy generic/knock off parts.. These cars arent worth 20-30K anymore.. Its called the G37 now

Old 05-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
HKS needs to put a proper X pipe in to take it to a level higher then the X02. Although the ARK company already did this.